Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

i take your point - bingo

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Bertiebasher

If a person in a private dwelling calls out the Fire Brigade, they're charged as much as €600. If a person in a local authority house calls out the Fire Brigade, they get charged nothing. The houseowner/mortgage payer has to pay the €100 Household Charge, the local authority tenant doesn't. :confused::confused:

It's shiiit like this that really pisses me off.

REFORM / CUT WASTE - REVIEW A FAIRER WAY

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Buddy its 100 euro now, I'd bet my house that in 5 years it will be 1000.

this guy sounds like a gubberment official..

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BackScrub

The stick Noel is getting in here is unbelievable.

He's right on:

1. Services being pulled
    2. The Greeks were more than culpable in making their own mess
    3. The money being paid to support the banks

IMO, he's making perfect sense. Yes, he has a 'way' of putting it but it doesn't make him wrong.

People making arguements like 'well he can afford this or that but can't afford the €100' are plain wrong. Can you not see what's happening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,052 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

pay or Clontarf might flood

flood-310x415.jpg

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

Oh set the dogs on him joe..

Wait now for the "we cant affffffford it " brigade.

carrot..will there be a rabbit mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

lucylu wrote: »
    this guy sounds like a gubberment official..
    Big Phil`s buddy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I think Noel got the belt of a stick somewhere along the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

If a person in a private dwelling calls out the Fire Brigade, they're charged as much as €600. If a person in a local authority house calls out the Fire Brigade, they get charged nothing. The houseowner/mortgage payer has to pay the €100 Household Charge, the local authority tenant doesn't. :confused::confused:

This is a point I made on another thread. The middle/working class are sick of all these taxes. And on their drive to work they have to watch skangers women in the PJ's strolling around with their buggys that never worked a day in their lives, and read about P Flynn collecting his pension.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

pc7 wrote: »
    Buddy its 100 euro now, I'd bet my house that in 5 years it will be 1000.

Well if you want to live in a MacMansion :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

They could have put 2 euros onto the bottom of the ESB bill and a few people would have moaned about it and thats it, and it wouldn't have cost any more to collect it.

Sending people out to collect it is madness. It will be like the dog wardens where it costs more money to collect the fee then it gets from the fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Our international image Joe?

Does this mean we're going back to the Mahon Tribunal after the next break?:D

I think Noel got the belt of a stick somewhere along the way

like an unruly dog,or donkey,or horse ,or camel..

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hello Joseph. I am a wealthy, retired, well-spoken gentleman. I have paid the tax and therefore I believe everyone should pay it, regardless of whether they are wealthy like me or not. Good day to you sir.

Damn....i wasnt expecting gooose ...or gander for that matter..

Damn..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

Who gave you your PPS number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The Social Welfare Office asked me for my PPS number on time.. I told them where to go.. :cool:

My prediction...Dogs and cats next.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Please, won't someone think of the Littlewoods callers?! We've had 45 minutes of this now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BackScrub

"Well you give information to Tesco when you use your clubcard" in response to a man refusing to enter his PPS number on a government website.

This is too funny.

I can see a bunch of auld wans giving Tesco their PPS number for groceries for the rest of the week now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I'd love to know if the figures they are quoting are those that have paid the fee or just registered (eg those who will have waivers so registered), do we know for sure which is which?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

It will cost a lot more in overtime and expenses to send local authority workers door to door to collect the charge. Big Phil is some moron for thinking that this pathetic scare tactic will make us pay up before the 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

pc7 wrote: »
    I'd love to know if the figures they are quoting are those that have paid the fee or just registered (eg those who will have waivers so registered), do we know for sure which is which?

they are only quoting online registrations, apparently they have not counted the postal registrations yet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Follow up to "Menopause the Musical"........:eek: glad I missed that one first time out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Did the mother of the garda protected girl ring Joe, or did Liveline find her?

This really should not be on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

But... If she's on protection and such, why is she on the radio?? :confused::confused:

Mmmmm...now of all people not to be on public radio...

Watch this now we will get the full details just so the people after her will now exactly whos on the phone here.

• Advertisement

Jebus imagine her neighbours are being asked to pay the household charge

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement