Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Have we time for another break..........?

Yeeeeeeeeeees

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

sudzs wrote: »
    Certainly is! All the building of new houses reminded me very much of Ireland at the height of the boom. House prices increasing and rentals scarce and expensive.
    But do they not have resourses in the ground that the Chinese are willing to pay and keep the boom going? We had nothing, still you live there Sudz so I'll listen to your opinion ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Customary 14:56 ad break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Only on the way home... showin' off me tan, doncha know!!! ;)

Well she said she was too old for the normal visa, so she might have been too droopy to get in.

This is what boring turds of a program like today does to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

I want sum thin dun abour it Joe, it's a disgrace. I speak English good, and me kids do luv it hear Joe. I left me morgige at home and da banks is getti nuttin from me.
    sorry love, could you speak in English please? Can't understand a word.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

foreskin?

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

miketv wrote: »
    But do they not have resourses in the ground that the Chinese are willing to pay and keep the boom going? We had nothing, still you live there Sudz so I'll listen to your opinion ;)

I always thought the Chinese would bankroll Aus if the got into troubles because of the mineral wealth that Aus has

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

signostic wrote: »
    Customary 14:56 ad break

yesterday it was 14:57... Joe is playing with us!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Bertiebasher

This council houses exemption is a farce !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

cock robin wrote: »
    She will be the first hairdresser I ever came across that felt under pressure talking. The one in my local never shuts the fcuk up, bangs those lips together like two pieces of liver. Wrecks my head.
    There's a difference between talking sh1te non stop and being able to answer questions based on something you've been watching in a cogent manner.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

joe wont like the attack on the Lumpenproletariat

my friend wrote: »
    I want a new tax

LSC - Local Service Charge

1 euro per week for everyone over 18 regardless of any excuse

Everyone must pay it.

(we first need to remove the waste from the Local Authorities though)

Well there is nothing wrong with the household charge per se. Its only 2 euros a week, after all, if they let people pay it off at 2 euros a week in the post office there would be so much less hassle about it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,247 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

This council houses exemption is a farce !
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

gone to cork.... on the free travel wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

A grand aul life:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

"Point well made" BINGO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Dessie: "We never we out drinking and cavorting, why should we pay"
    Joe: "And where are you today, Dessie?"
    Dessie: "Out drinking and cavorting, Joe"..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

miketv wrote: »

Not any more.... back in the UK nearly a week now. :D

The mining boom is only really hapening in Western Australia. It's kinda carrying the rest of the country. There and over on the other side of the country there is a crazy property boom going on. I reckon it will burst at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

I did call it!

And do day not speak a Dublinese in Australia? Dat's racist against the salt a de earth peeeplez a da city centre.....

Isn't it shocking all the same that Hairdressing has been removed from the "Critical Skills" list?

It sure is, I mean I thought it would be right up there with designing satelites or nuclear power stations. No wonder Australia is in recession :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

signostic wrote: »
    I always thought the Chinese would bankroll Aus if the got into troubles because of the mineral wealth that Aus has

Bankroll it and then move in. No surprise that the US is already setting up in Darwin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Certainly is! All the building of new houses reminded me very much of Ireland at the height of the boom. House prices increasing and rentals scarce and expensive.

And some of the same Irish builders cutting corners and doing poor quality work.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

Yakuza wrote: »
    There's a difference between talking sh1te non stop and being able to answer questions based on something you've been watching in a cogent manner.

Wha are ya takin bout. do ya wan a number four or one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭berrypendel

pc7 wrote: »
    I dunno imagine it is a legit claim, you can have back problems and still walk and have good days. Insurance companies never ever want to pay up, you insure your car for 1000, then its robbed and they say market value is 200, they never want to pay in any instance.
    Never had to claim thank god, but from people I know who needed to (house burnt down), it was torture!
    I did not hear all the interview so do not know how bad he says he is. But a friend of mine has serious back pain and is suing no one or claiming no insurance and has nothing to gain by faking. I know he is on meds for pain, they do not always work and he has sleepless nights. yet he can walk a distance hands in pockets but is still in pain when walking,he sometimes puts hand on back to stretch it but he has the pain when hands are in pocket.

It is nonsense to say he holds his back whn on CCTV as CCTV is everywhere now and he coiuld not see all the cameras. PI who use garda contact to get info to track people are scum. and a PI who thinks his sneaky work makes him more honest than a insurance scammer is LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

45 minutes about an issue that the the insurance company and the caller had agreed to go to the onbudsman on..???????:confused::confused::confused:

Just what exactly are the researchers thinking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Another big waste of time for all involved today. Except Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I guess that ARAN guy was right. Those elephants were p*ssed

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I guess that ARAN guy was right. Those elephants were p*ssed

That elephant is definitely depressed...and maybe a little drunk:D

That elephant is definitely depressed...and maybe a little drunk:D

Drinking to forget?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,247 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I half listened to this again on playback during the night. The whole Aviva thing was bizarre - she had a very specific point to make (there were aspects of the report that were factually wrong, and they want them corrected), yet Joe seemed determined to read out every single voyeuristic line in the whole report, one by one - and there were a lot of them. She kept dragging him back on topic, and he'd just read out another salacious detail. I'm surprised she stuck it out so long!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

syklops wrote: »
    Drinking to forget?

Drinking to hide the shame of being on Liveline more like.

Joe will have this on the show today, no doubt he will say that "we warned this would happen", when it was in fact some bloke crying on the radio whop warned it would happen, but Joe will bask in some of the credit no doubt.

Wasn't listening the last two days but it seems he will have a woman on who was in a hotel room last weekend and heard a man beating the crap out of his wife/gf and she did nothing about it, she wants to know what she should have done.

Ring the Guards? No
    Ring Hotel management? No
    Ring Joe Duffy a few days later? Yep.

Incidentally I saw a magazine in a shop yesterday, on the title page was "Don't call the Guards, call Joe Duffy." which is a sad but true statement for a lot of people, Joe's own comment was "we're the biggest show in the country."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement