Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

syklops wrote: »
    Do you mean today or since Joe took over from Marian Finucane?

was just thinkin that I can remember when Liveline used to be good...but it was a long time ago...................so much garbage lately..

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

sudzs wrote: »
    More drival.... was there any chat about the tribunal at all on liveLine while I was away??? :confused:

You're kidding right? If topics of such import as the Littlewoods 6 chairs and a table "scam" didn't make the airwaves, ou don't think Joe's hero Bertie was exposed to more unfair criticism from the great unwashed now do you? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Can't understand this lad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Wheres Wendy and her Burga Van?

its been a year since her attack

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

surferdudz wrote: »
    just how does big John D at the FAI deserve his whopping great big salary?..............300K ish?

He index-linked it Joe's salary.....sorry 'fee' :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

RadioRetro wrote: »
    A quick Google shows nada info to back that up.

I was googling NADA to see the evidence....National Advanced Driving Association perhaps?

Then it dawned on me....

doh....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Is that Peter Robinson?

I'm stealing this from another poster but....

...where's the Champion Butter hi?:D

just how does big John D at the FAI deserve his whopping great big salary?..............300K ish?
    the fans love him

John-Delaney.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

europa11 wrote: »
    He index-linked it Joe's salary.....sorry 'fee' :D
    obscene, outragious, grotesque...eh GUBU even?

• Advertisement

There's the plug. ;)

actress Gillian Taylforth used a layby for a different reason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

16 minutes before you're hit by a tractor on Irish motorways.

Aubrey has trucks flying up and down the motorways all day Joe, give him a call.

Too lazy to google this, but I think John Delaney took a €50k cut from €450k to A MERE €400k. Peanuts.....to Joe.

Is that a bomb in the background?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

This guy is giving out about people, but is that the indicator on in the background?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Indicator on, pull out slowly

"She was changing her baby's nappy at the lights"

If the traffic isn't moving I don't see the problem myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

sudzs wrote: »
    More drival.... was there any chat about the tribunal at all on liveLine while I was away??? :confused:
    You're kidding right? If topics of such import as the Littlewoods 6 chairs and a table "scam" didn't make the airwaves, ou don't think Joe's hero Bertie was exposed to more unfair criticism from the great unwashed now do you? :rolleyes:

Yes they did, but only for one day. It's not like there was a Train Set needing a home

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/2012-03-22.html

Incidentally, the summaries of each day's shows posted on their website are a grammatical nightmare. Is someone from Senior Infants writing it?
    Michael Smith of the Village magazine website joined us on the line….he was one of the parties involved in offering a £10,000 reward led to the longest-running tribunal in the history of the Irish state. Actor Joe Taylor also joined us, he said all the years the tribunal was running….there was an unprecedented amount of county councils giving permission for vast housing estates, many now deserted monuments to the celtic tiger. Joe attended the Mahon tribunal nearly every day for ten years. Many listeners joined in the conversation including Damien who said the findings of the tribunal are good and informative. They leave Bertie with a lot of questions to answer. On the other side, he was with Bertie at his mothers funeral when he left his talks on the Good Friday agreement and went to the funeral. Bertie was trying to hold all that together, how was he expected to keep receipts and all that for everything he would have needed to have an accountant by his side all the time. Carmel can nothing be done to Bertie Ahern and his cabinet which tried to stop the Tribunal. The results are damming and Why should their pensions not be stopped. They have cost the State millions so why should we the State keep paying them for their wrong doings. I do not think there is any other Country in the World, except Dictatorships which would put up with paying for such wrongdoing while the young ( education) and old are being deprived of their rights.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Wouldn't change a tire on the side of a motorway in a FIT.

Our car broke down on a motorway, it was frightening to see how much the car moved as trucks went by at 130km/hour. We just hopped out of the car and jumped over the barrier. Crazy to stay beside the car if you don't have to. Also, we are obliged over here to have a hi-viz vest in the car, so you can put it on in case of breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

syklops wrote: »
    This guy is giving out about people, but is that the indicator on in the background?

you know the rule, stick on the hazards you can park up on footpath if you like.

Too lazy to google this, but I think John Delaney took a €50k cut from €450k to A MERE €400k. Peanuts.....to Joe.
    Correct... http://bit.ly/s0UYje

"L plates have vanished"

Perhaps they're qualified drivers you clown.

Ah yes, Mr. everything-is-better-in-the-North gets through.

(that's because both ourselves and the Brits are paying for it, but never mind)

how long before some says "....i'm a professional driver, joe....."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

the Grass Motorways are always greener on the other side :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

That_Guy wrote: »
    "She was changing her baby's nappy at the lights"

If the traffic isn't moving I don't see the problem myself.

I'm kinda new to nappy changing , but jeebus the little fecker wriggles so much when I'm changin him, it takes all my attention to stop him hopping off the changing mat, let alone be aware of lights and other traffic!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭lisaj

• Advertisement

Skid wrote: »
    Yes they did, but only for one day. It's not like there was a Train Set needing a home

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/2012-03-22.html

Missed that! Was it any good? And by good, I mean did loads of HIGH-sterical and disgusted callers get through?;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement