Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Domestic violence is a despicable crime.

Why the victims tolerate it is a complete mystery to me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

eviltwin wrote: »
    They break you down so much that you start to believe the crap they tell you, you actually believe you will never be able to do anything without them.

Loving the lack of empathy on this board today, thank god its women eh? Imagine some poor bloke in a similar situation rang in, he would be treated like a joke wouldn't he?

Well said. This topic is actually a great one, if there was more of this kind of stuff on Liveline then it wouldnt have the p1ss taken out of it like it is. This is a very relevant and important topic, fair dues to the Duffster for giving it so much airtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Yakuza wrote: »
    Well said. This topic is actually a great one, if there was more of this kind of stuff on Liveline then it wouldnt have the p1ss taken out of it like it is. This is a very relevant and important topic, fair dues to the Duffster for giving it so much airtime.

Meh !

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I hope when Brian grew up he gave the b@stard a massive hiding:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

pc7 wrote: »
    Right boardsies can't listen to anymore of this, the sun is shining, going to listen to the rugby podcast from wednesday off the ball! Talk to you all Monday cause I won't be listening to unFunny Friday tomorrow.

Sy hope the part goes well and your not too hung over tomorrow :)

Feck it, would have walked right into it :eek:....thanks for the warning pc7.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

Still no mention as to why that coward who read out her poem yesterday,to get attention for herself,didnt ring the police..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

vicwatson wrote: »
    There was no germs when I was growing up I tell ya, NONE. Now they are everywhere according to safefood.

during the war, no germs...only bad germans

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

He is doing a great job with it, asking questions in a sensitive way which isn't easy to do. And the women are doing a great job explaining the mindset of a DV victim, I hope they have shown just how hard it can be to leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Does Joe have a picture of her injuries in front of him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Yeah unfortunately its like discussing genocide on the jeremy kyle show. Joe spends so much time on pointless stuff that he has discredited himself for handling real topics.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Star Wars ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Did I hear Patrick Stewart and Star Wars.... Did I?? I'm sure I misheard that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

New poem from Maria:

"You looked so nice, without a care,
    Then your da fired you down the stair"

Does Joe have a picture of her injuries in front of him?

Did he not put photos of Alekandra`s (art for) injuries up on their website?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

New poem from Maria:

"You looked so nice, without a care,
    Then your da fired you down the stair"

tut tut

This might sound harsh but there is something wrong with anyone who stays with a man who beats handicapped children.

This is inexcusable. Rent book or no rent book. I know times were different back then but even still

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

This might sound harsh but there is something wrong with anyone who stays with a man who beats handicapped children.

This is inexcusable. Rent book or no rent book

probably about 60 years ago ..

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Did I hear Patrick Stewart and Star Wars.... Did I?? I'm sure I misheard that...

Patrick Stewarts dad beat him and his mother. He wrote about it in the guardian and did videos which are on youtube.

He also starred in a lesser known tv series called Star Trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

He is doing a great job with it, asking questions in a sensitive way which isn't easy to do. And the women are doing a great job explaining the mindset of a DV victim, I hope they have shown just how hard it can be to leave.

I think you will find the topic is speaking for itself out of the mouths of the abused,which joe just loves...how many actual times do people need such topics to be discussed,before they realise ...its all just for ratings.

This is inexcusable. Rent book or no rent book. I know times were different back then but even still

Something wrong with hitting said child in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

These guys isolate women and its WW2 Britain, domestic violence is way down the list.

surferdudz wrote: »

What difference does that make. Unless beating handicapped was tolerated 60 years ago I fail to see what difference makes.

Ah jaysus:mad:

surferdudz wrote: »

I think it was during WW2, as ration books were only given to man of the house

Suzie4 wrote: »
    I think you will find the topic is speaking for itself out of the mouths of the abused,which joe just loves...how many actual times do people need such topics to be discussed,before they realise ...its all just for ratings.

Because Suzie people don't realise, or maybe they do and they don't care. Either way its not something that people want to get involved in and deal with in any meaningful way.

And I think he is handling it very well

Something wrong with hitting said child in the first place.

Absolutely. It shouldnt be tolerated full stop. WW2 or not.

Attempted murder and she goes back to him?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

What difference does that make. Unless beating handicapped was tolerated 60 years ago I fail to see what difference makes.

Corporal punishment was allowed back then and handcapped children were viewed as trouble. Remember anyone that had money back then packed handicapped children off to the local looney bin to avoid embarrassment to the family.

Headphones go off.

No sign of the shampoo but anymore of this and I'll be throwing myself from the building.

If anyone on this thread is being abused, pm me and I'll knock the crap out of said abuser.

Not joking, seriously, talk to someone and ask for help.

Have a nice day everyone, a deiu!

• Advertisement

These guys isolate women and its WW2 Britain, domestic violence is way down the list.

Theres your problem. WW2 wasnt the problem

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement