Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

pc7 wrote: »
    I tried I lasted 1 minute the laughing before they even speak let alone tell a "joke" has me done.
    Have a good one boardsies.
    I didn't even last a minute ...... must say I doubted ye that it would be a FF (three in a month
    :eek:) but to my horror, it is.

Lyric all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

What comedian** does the voice for Mary O'Rourke?

Can someone tell him she isn't in politics any more. Is hers the only voice he can do?

** I use the term loosely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

RadioRetro wrote: »
    Bugger this, Moncrieff for me.

Me too.

That's it, :mad: my four minutes of radio hell are over, roll on Movies and Booze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Of to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

You suckers for even lasting a minute ! My radio is strictly a no RTE1 zone on these days in case I may pollute my ears of such tripe for a few seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

What's the point in paying them all to come to studio, if they are gonna play pre recorded tracks?? I'm off as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

That was so bad:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Joe is definitely trying to weasel in funny Friday as a weekly event. I swear it seems to be on every week now.

Oh here's Clint now doing his wavery professional vocals. He's so talented...notice the way no one ever laughs at his songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Extraordinarily unfunny stuff here. I kinda feel embarrassed for the people involved, it must be hard to bomb on live radio.

That was so bad:pac:

You're still tuned in??? Fair play..... I admire your tenacity!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Glad I clicked in here before going to the RTE site.

*shudder*

12 comments in 16 minutes?

Says it all really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Does a Mary O'Rourke impression count for the Mary O'Rourke Watch thread?

BBC I player for me.

Holy God, first time ever since I started reading this thread (not that long in fairness!) it dropped off the home page while the programme is being broadcast.

I think someone should tell Joe :eek:

Mary:Its a disgrace Joe. The liveline thread on boards.ie isnt busy when its Funny Friday. Something has to be done!
    Joe:"6000, 7000, 8000. Sorry what was that Mary? I was distracted counting me money"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

https://twitter.com/#!/talktojoe1850/status/184993778740895747/photo/1

Can you actually believe the guy is floggin this around twitter?

And theres paddy cullivan.
    Even a flooded polluted river finds its level in the end.

Suzie4 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/#!/talktojoe1850/status/184993778740895747/photo/1

Can you actually believe the guy is floggin this around twitter..

What are those rings for on the letter?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

syklops wrote: »

keywords for producer

' College; Walk Away '

Joe's attempt to make make himself relevant to the middle class that pay the TV License Fee...

• Advertisement

For a man who gets very sensitive about being parodied himself, Joe Duffy doesnt seem to extend his principles to preventing other "comedians" parodying (and slandering) Bertie Ahern on his show.

syklops wrote: »

Well,if you remember from the show,joe kept banging on about the "Courage to Walk Away", methinks he read college as courage..circled it ..etcetc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Flicked on for about 2 minutes after seeing a few tweets about it being 'great'... heard a god-awful impression of Michael D... flicked back off. Terrible radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

For anyone who missed lavhline today including myself (always give FF a wide berth) here`s something that will provide a quick fix to tide you over till Monday http://clamnuts.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/The-Joe-Duffy-Soundboard1.swf
    I`m sure this was posted before on one of the older liveline threads.

Addendum
    If you click on the piano keys very quickly you get a cacophony of Joe`s voices

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Holy God, first time ever since I started reading this thread (not that long in fairness!) it dropped off the home page while the programme is being broadcast.

I think someone should tell Joe :eek:

I looked down on the main screen at something like 2:10pm and the radio forum only had 10 posters in the room, Duffy should be told to scrap Funny Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

It wouldnt be too bad if it had a decent lineup, get some real comedians in and do some real satire.

These gob****es are atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

I always find it odd that duffy never replies to any tweets that are directed at him or the show. Some fairly critical tweets at him and liveline stating the obvious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

neris wrote: »
    I always find it odd that duffy never replies to any tweets that are directed at him or the show. Some fairly critical tweets at him and liveline stating the obvious

His target audience (comatose, clinically dead) cant tweet so he can ignore anything that doesnt shower him in self adulation

Man injured by elephant at Cork circus

John Carmody is (crying again) on line one, Joe... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Man injured by elephant at Cork circus

John Carmody is (crying again) on line one, Joe... :pac:

That guy's ^^^ conditition in hospital has deteriorated to critical since the above post.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0401/man-injured-by-elephant-in-cork-now-critical.html

Lets hope he makes a full recovery.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement