Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

This show is all over the place. Who is this guy? What does the woman expect the outcome will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Previous claims= higher insurance ffs. Any adult with a brain knows this. Should be a national data bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

The insurance companies should send out (like they do now with motor insurance renewals) a proof of no claims for house policies. Simples.

Edit : Lol - just as I posted, the broker said two companies do exactly that. Fair play to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

The emphasis is on the policyholder.

How clear does he have to make it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Can anyone remember the 'new' word 'John' Duffys caller gave him in The Savage Eye as 'John' was tired of hearing the same words for misery ? I had fully intended to use it as soon as we moved onto an appropriate topic but can't remember the bloody thing.

Misrappling :D

• Advertisement

"I didnt even fill out the form, I only signed it"

Well thats ok then :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Well Joe, I'm rich like you so therefore when I ring you and use my non-working class accent I expect you to agree with me and disagree with the company - even though we both know I'm wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"we have a few little investment houses in town"..

*Sound of all sympathy going out the window*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

eviltwin wrote: »
    Misrappling :D

Close, mis-rapalling, but I guess you just made a typo :D

Anyway, why give these people air time, they didn't disclose claims on their proposals, how can the insurer decide what is or what isn't a human error ? Sure I could have rang up at renewal time and told them I never had a claim in order to get a cheaper quote, and then if I actually did make a claim tell them I had 'forgot' about my previous claim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Wonder if joe now has his leg insured?

• Advertisement

This is further proof that irish people are morons and should not be allowed to own property

Odds on an insurance ad during the break?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

You just know it'll be donor cards after the break til 3.

BINGO!

That fake american accent is insured

telekon wrote: »

Well, if it is, "I'm Audi" as the rappers say.

This is going to disimprove further and further

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ya silly bint!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

This is just a pure guess, but I wager that woman with the blood in her glove box isn't a doctor.

What is this blood thing all about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

did harvey norman just say hes selling russian matresses??

WTF? Another ad break? Joe's watch must be fast and he now thinks it's 2:58.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I dont think that wan from Fair City doing the voice over eats many parsnips or much lettuce.. you see the size of her?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

syklops wrote: »
    What is this blood thing all about?

What is liveline about today? seems to staying on very safe subjects following the mess on Prime Time - liveline came under criticism from Ger Colleran on Vinny B last night about the liveline show about Monica Leach

Are we only 35 minutes into the show? God feels like twice that. Really dragging on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

could do with eating alot more lot more lettuce and less of lidls baked goods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Here we go......

Ah jaysus Joe, this is misrapalling !

signostic wrote: »
    What is liveline about today? seems to staying on very safe subjects following the mess on Prime Time - liveline came under criticism from Ger Colleran on Vinny B last night about the liveline show about Monica Leach

Tell us more!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

telekon wrote: »

Damn, out by one ad break...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

syklops wrote: »
    Tell us more!
    http://tribune.maithu.com/archive/article/2008/jun/01/cullen-still-threatening-to-sue-rte-over-liveline-/

From the above link "
    It was during a live discussion on this issue in December 2004 on RTE's Liveline that Ronan Petit from Cork phoned in and before he could be cut off made lewd suggestions about Leech and Cullen. While RTE apologised for the remark, Cullen and Leech separately initiated proceedings, arguing that RTE's failure to apply a delay mechanism on live shows meant it was directly responsible for the remark, which was extremely damaging to their reputations and careers they claimed."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement