Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

signostic wrote: »
    What is liveline about today? seems to staying on very safe subjects following the mess on Prime Time - liveline came under criticism from Ger Colleran on Vinny B last night about the liveline show about Monica Leach

liked that comment colleran made about charlie bird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

It was during a live discussion on this issue in December 2004 on RTE's Liveline that Ronan Petit from Cork phoned in and before he could be cut off made lewd suggestions about Leech and Cullen. While RTE apologised for the remark, Cullen and Leech separately initiated proceedings, arguing that RTE's failure to apply a delay mechanism on live shows meant it was directly responsible for the remark, which was extremely damaging to their reputations and careers they claimed.

What were the lewd comments?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Joe can't get this guy off the phone quick enough its not going how Joe planned lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Lets be honest about it Joe, Gabriel is a pain in the h0le..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

syklops wrote: »
    What were the lewd comments?

They were of an adulterous nature if I recall correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

ThisRegard wrote: »
    They were of a Monica Lewinsky/Bill Clinton nature if I recall correctly.

something like and contracts were being awarded to Miss Leach at the time

"Dear donor's family, your son's kidney gave me depression"..

Is there no counselling for people who receive donated organs? Thats what these people sound like they need.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Lively up yourself Gabriel

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Is there no counselling for people who receive donated organs? Thats what these people sound like they need.

Totally agree and I really don't feel live lahnnnn is the place for it

• Advertisement

What will happen when full face transplants are available here? Liveline will be busy......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Dear Joe, this is an open letter to ask why are you not discussing RTE today and their primetime debacle and the massive pension the retired head of news is getting, actually I will write a poem instead that might catch your attention...

Is this the same guy that was on yesterday...or a clone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Joe's a medium now? Who'da thunk it?

Why is that person going to blackrock? I thought comfort creatures or something where helping her when she lived at home

hes ****ing joking baout this not another freaky friday

uggghhhhh Joe shove your funny Friday crew up your hole, you should not be promoting this crud on my license fee.

neris wrote: »
    hes ****ing joking baout this not another freaky friday

It's okay, it's the "crew" live on stage, not radio.

I shudder when Joe issues a reminder...inevitably its always about UNFunny Friday

RadioRetro wrote: »

There will be a recording :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Bertiebasher

Did Joe buy the triplets cars in his name ?

"I couldnt put her on my insurance because she was too young, so I decided to get her own insurance"

Something doesnt add up here.

Daughter is very lucky at 17 to have her mam supply her with a car and insurance :eek:

So she let the daughter drive her up today, even though she knows that the insurance is effectively void.... That's incredibly stupid isnt it?

"The daughter came across the guy who was breaking in." :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

two buses parked in the garden? his neighbours must love him.

I thought yer man had walked off in disgust!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I've a full licence and am fully comp but I'm not insured under my policy to drive any cars belonging to my family. However I am I insured to drive unrelated persons cars...strange but according to my company that's the way it is with most companies.

RadioRetro wrote: »

are they being shot or hung by any chance??

• Advertisement

neris wrote: »
    are they being shot or hung by any chance??

No, they'll be retelling for the zillionth time the same tired, unfunny, prehistoric "jokes" to an audience of incredibly dim pensioners.

Ah, yer one's trying to break Arnold's plugging record.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement