Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Tuned out for half an hour but by a quick reading over the last few pages I didn't miss anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

deelite wrote: »
    I've a full licence and am fully comp but I'm not insured under my policy to drive any cars belonging to my family. However I am I insured to drive unrelated persons cars...strange but according to my company that's the way it is with most companies.
    Why do they differentiate? Its more likely you would borrow a family members car that a neighbours - Is it direct family only or does it extend to cousins, inlaws etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

It's nowhere near as bad as the charity bag packers. Good to see Nula tackling the real issues.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Insurance companies make no sense most of the time to me, I wanted to put my cousin on my insurance for a week last year (she was visiting Ireland), it was 30 euro if I wanted to insure her for the week, if I added her to my policy for the rest of the year it was free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I cant stand this "I wouldnt feel pressure but other people might"

Its a sort of outrage by proxy. It f**king grinds my gears.

• Advertisement

This is quite common practice in the US and other countries. This auld wan from Galway should just f off and find something actually worth complaining about, rather than waste MY precious time (lol).

Tuned out for half an hour but by a quick reading over the last few pages I didn't miss anything.

Desperate show altogether. Hopping from one subject to another, nothing getting resolved, no closure being brought to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The homeless guy doesnt publish accounts.. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Nula is a complete idiot. Almost every sentence she said confirmed that.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Did Joe just slip in there that the Omen is with us for Easter?

• Advertisement

It's an ATM, not an "ATM machine"

Joe off on holliers there by the sounds of that, Damian for the next week or so...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

i think it could be quite a good thing for Irish people to learn how to say "No" in many regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

signostic wrote: »
    I shudder when Joe issues a reminder...inevitably its always about UNFunny Friday

Ban ki-Moon doing an impression of a Chinaman? :)

Did Joe just say Damien O'Reilly is in tomorrow? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

charity collectors at shop tills and shopping centres do my head in. most supermarkets seem to have either a charity collector or some one selling electricty outside them every day now and saturday and sunday is little runts from the local football club bag packing

Tears inevitable when one of Dereks baby robins will die -
    Just heard Brek say she is a "blue tit not a robin"
    off to Lyric fm for the next hour or so.

neris wrote: »
    charity collectors at shop tills and shopping centres do my head in. most supermarkets seem to have either a charity collector or some one selling electricty outside them every day now and saturday and sunday is little runts from the local football club bag packing

Have never minded giving to the local charities and clubs - they do great work and are under funded, can`t abide the professional collectors that set up table outside the post office or local supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Have never minded giving to the local charities and clubs - they do great work and are under funded, can`t abide the professional collectors that set up table outside the post office or local supermarket.

They do good work, but I prefer to pack my own bags (and I'll usually chuck some shrapnel in the bucket anyway).

My local supermarket (family-run, not a chain store) always keeps one checkout lane bucket free, which reduces any pressure on someone who mightn't want to / be able to contribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

What did joe say about damo at the very end of the show ? I wasn't near enough the wireless box to hear properly.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    What did joe say about damo at the very end of the show ? I wasn't near enough the wireless box to hear properly.

Just said that he'll be filling in for Easter.. Didnt say how many days..

Just said that he'll be filling in for Easter.. Didnt say how many days..

I'd expect a week. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Why do they differentiate? Its more likely you would borrow a family members car that a neighbours - Is it direct family only or does it extend to cousins, inlaws etc?

TBH somebody had mentioned in passing to me that I should check my policy about driving my dads car and I nearly got sick when my insurance company said I wasn't insured if I wanted to be insured I'd have to either get my dad to put me on his policy or to get insured as an open driver!!! They did specify that I could not drive siblings / parents / nephew / nieces vehicles. It's worth checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

The RTE lawyers are obviously on their Easter holidays early if the Omen is on today, expect all things inoffensive to be discussed for the next week with the odd bit of agriculture thrown in for good measure!

JM Skipton wrote: »
    The RTE lawyers are obviously on their Easter holidays early if the Omen is on today, expect all things inoffensive to be discussed for the next week with the odd bit of agriculture thrown in for good measure!

Well between the Prime time investigates thing raising its head again, RTE salaries, as well as the list of things Joe has been told not to discuss, I'd say its more a case of the Lawyers not wanting to spend Easter in their chambers preparing for a suit.

When I was a Sys Admin, we had a rule of never making a change on a friday, and never the day before a holiday, because if it went wrong, we could lose the weekend, or the holiday fixing it.

I'd say this is the legal equivalent in Montrose.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

so we all looking forward to riveting afternoon of organ donar recipients and sob stories from pushy mammys, insurance cheats and racist bus drivers

syklops wrote: »
    When I was a Sys Admin, we had a rule of never making a change on a friday, and never the day before a holiday, because if it went wrong, we could lose the weekend, or the holiday fixing it.

lol.. When I was a sys admin :pac:, I always made changes on a Friday evening in case anything went wrong, so that I would have the weekend to fix it without affecting the productivity of other employees....

Guess I was just more dedicated Syk :D

lol.. When I was a sys admin :pac:, I always made changes on a Friday evening in case anything went wrong, so that I would have the weekend to fix it without affecting the productivity of other employees....

Guess I was just more dedicated Syk :D

Wasn't my rule, it was the companies. Might also have been to do with rackspace charging more for support on weekends, not sure.

Oh no Barney has passed I hope the show isn't taken up by it, or would that just be Joe's territory?

pc7 wrote: »
    Oh no Barney has passed I hope the show isn't taken up by it, or would that just be Joe's territory?

what?

Oh, Barney from the Dubliners.

There was me thinking it was the dinosaur, and I was thinking, sure why dont they just put another person into the costume?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

what?

Barney McKenna of The Dubliners died this morning.

• Advertisement

There was me thinking it was the dinosaur, and I was thinking, sure why dont they just put another person into the costume?

Syk I almost choked on my sambo reading that, :D now I can't get Barney the dinosaurs song out of my head! :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement