Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

europa11 wrote: »
    Barney McKenna of The Dubliners died this morning.

Nothing on google news about this.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

They just did a mini remembrance session there on the news at 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

And they seem to have roped John Sheehan in on the hoax as well.. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

pc7 wrote: »
    Syk I almost choked on my sambo reading that, :D now I can't get Barney the dinosaurs song out of my head! :mad:

Luckily I dont know the barney song. Best I can come up with "Barney, dipsy, lala, po", and I know thats not right.

Please don't educate me.

Plenty on twitter.

• Advertisement

And they seem to have roped John Sheehan in on the hoax as well.. ;)

I remember seeing Amy Winehouse's name in the deaths section of wiki, a few years before it actually happened.

EDIT: thought it was an awful rumour at first, RIP Barney.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Ok I'm off boardsies, sad he died, RIP Barney (the dubliner not the dinosaur) but I hate when Live Lahnnnn is used for eulogies. Have a good weekend smell ya's Tuesday

Im sorry for the family and his fans of course.

But its really not a topic for live line.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

I remember seeing Amy Winehouse's name in the deaths section of wiki, a few years before it actually happened. Hate this crap.

i was over in lithuania last summer when she did die and could only get bbc world on the tv. they were showing a live at the apollo on the evening she died and patrick kielty was on it and his opening line was a joke about ay winehouse dying and drugs. the show was a repeat from 2 years before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKI5ezsyN1Q

Oh dear, I'm not sure Damien is up to this... I hope he read Chapter 14 of the Liveline Presenters Manual, "How to sigh convincingly and feign sympathy"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Ah Jaysus,

What happened to the good old days (the rare auld times?) when you could laugh your h0le off for an hour and 15 mins at Joe and his idiotic callers?

Another RIP eulogy with a host of "stars" brought out from the RTE and Irish Cabaret circuit to pay their respects......in other words a yawn fest. Think I'll call in and ask for an update of how the model twins from the other day are getting on.......

syklops wrote: »
    Im sorry for the family and his fans of course.

But its really not a topic for live line.

The Dubliners are one of this country's most loved musical acts. Certainly is.

pc7 wrote: »
    Ok I'm off boardsies,

ah here, hang on will you...

I'm not carrying this around for the weekend..

easter-egg.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Joe will be very bitter about missing school the day Barney died.....

Damien sure to kill us with faux interest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

D'omen won't be able to mix it with these guys, before he knows it half the Unfunny Fiday crew will have gotten through to extend their sympathy and relate a salt'o de earth tale from Da Brazenhead or Donoghues.

Wonder how many callers today will call D'omen "Joe" ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Shay sounds pissed.

shockwave wrote: »
    Shay sounds pissed.

He's got Parkinson's ... seems to have deteriorated quite a bit since the last time I heard him.

Shay should stay off the air

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Woah, Woah... Damien is on.

It's not even worth the self tortue of listening now...

The Dubliners are one of this country's most loved musical acts. Certainly is.

Im not saying its not worthy of the radio, but he only died 3 hours ago. Should they not contact people and stuff before they dedicate a show to him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

europa11 wrote: »
    D'omen won't be able to mix it with these guys, before he knows it half the Unfunny Fiday crew will have gotten through to extend their sympathy and relate a salt'o de earth tale from Da Brazenhead or Donoghues.

Wonder how many callers today will call D'omen "Joe" ? :D

Do the unfunny Friday people have much to do with the trad crowd though?
    Showbands and unfunny commedians mixing with talented musicians? For some reason I don't think they have much to do with other. I could be wrong,I'm guessing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

"Mick Foster is a broad"

Ya don't say!

Did mick pay his taxes yet?

Bet he plugs a gig

"Mick Foster is out of the country"..

I'd say it'll be a while before he's back as well..

Foster & Allen owe €3m each to Revenue
    The High Court has ruled musicians Foster and Allen must pay around €3m each to Revenue.The High Court has ruled that musicians Foster and Allen must pay around €3m each to the Revenue Commissioners. Michael Foster had challenged a judgment granted against him in 2008 for almost €3m in tax and penalties arising out of a €1m tax demand.

syklops wrote: »
    Im not saying its not worthy of the radio, but he only died 3 hours ago. Should they not contact people and stuff before they dedicate a show to him?

Get what you mean now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

I think i would rather pick the hairs out of my ass than listen to this sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

wooooooo

there,ll be no more barney...of ****ing course there wont hes dead you plonker

say duffys kicking himself for taking today off hed be lapping this muck up and sucking up to these old coffin dodgers

• Advertisement

There were some funny times, but not many of them coincided with Noel V Ginnity being up on the stage..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement