Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

previous caller "we've suffered"

marks-george-man-in-smoking-jacket-with-pipe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Damo operates in a vacuum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I'm sick of this "they won't sell that house"
    They will sell it. If you can't sell something, it's because the price is too high.

Could Damo really only find one caller that disagreed with the Kellys?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

I hope the German tax payer isn't listening to this dross.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

Paparazzo wrote: »
    I'm sick of this "they won't sell that house"
    They will sell it. If you can't sell something, it's because the price is too high.

Could Damo really only find one caller that disagreed with the Kellys?

most people on other stations are ripping the kellys to bits...so rte doing its own hatchet job on the terrible bankers here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

the bank could have gotton Pat Kenny to change the locks, he'd have done it cheaper and faster without the couple even noticing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

the baliffs were just there to stop Pat Kenny from changing the locks.
    I'd say pat is redrawing his land boundry as we speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

telekon wrote: »
    I hope the German tax payer isn't listening to this dross.

Thursday April 19 2012
    BRENDAN and Asta Kelly operated three shops under the Irland Haus brand in two of Germany's most beautiful and exclusive resorts.

The couple had two shops in the affluent island of Sylt in north Germany, which has long been a playground for Germany's wealthiest inhabitants, including tennis star Boris Becker and model Claudia Schiffer.

They also had a shop in Rottach-Egern on the shores of Lake Tegernsee in Bavaria, which is about 2,000km south of Sylt.

indeeeeed...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

What was he doing driving at 93?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Pedro Pio??? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

16598.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

"Only one glove"

Damo, you take the biscuit!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Brought people back from the dead??? What?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,610 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

He blesses people with the glove, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Brought him back from the dead??? :eek:

Damo was pretty underwhelmed by that! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

O'reilly and his glove loving audiencecontributors should fook off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

D'omen is a really good little catholic boy at heart.

No wonder he has that lucrative Saturday morning "Countryfile" slot nailed down.

:) Mooney just called him Joe!!!

Suzie4 wrote: »
    most people on other stations are ripping the kellys to bits...so rte doing its own hatchet job on the terrible bankers here.

RTE presenters are probably in similar situations with multiple properties! Remember Gerry Ryan taking the píss out of one of the researchers because she was the only one in the office that only had one property!

Final thought on the Killiney thing, why didn't they use the income from their multiple property rentals to rent a nice house, rental prices haven't fallen nearly as much as house sale prices?

RTE presenters are probably in similar situations with multiple properties! Remember Gerry Ryan taking the píss out of one of the researchers because she was the only one in the office that only had one property!

One that sickens me the most is Mike Murphy always on Late Late or Saturday Nigh show moaning in a pretend self deprecating way about his income from property investments having falling through.

• Advertisement

One that sickens me the most is Mike Murphy always on Late Late or Saturday Nigh show moaning in a pretend self deprecating way about his income from property investments having falling through.

He's another bollocks. Harcourt Developments should be called Half finished Developments. Did Gay Byrne bet is ass bitten by property? He went bankrupt a while back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

He's another bollocks. Harcourt Developments should be called Half finished Developments. Did Gay Byrne bet is ass bitten by property? He went bankrupt a while back

I think Gaybo got shafted by his accountant. I don't think he went bankrupt, but a lot of the money he earned disappeared.

Yakuza wrote: »
    I think Gaybo got shafted by his accountant. I don't think he went bankrupt, but a lot of the money he earned disappeared.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, did he share an accountant with Leonard Cohen by any chance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, did he share an accountant with Leonard Cohen by any chance :D

There just *might* be more than one hokey accountant in the world:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

He blesses people with the glove, lol.

That whole glove thing is hilarious.
    Padre Pio wore the glove to cover his stigmata, they say.
    Maybe he wore the feckin things to cover his LACK of stigmata!

He was a bit of Derren Brown...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Yakuza wrote: »
    Bank shares went south.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

I think today was the worst I have ever been exposed to.

In past episodes Damien seemed to have a slight awareness of time, place and environment but this past shift has been a confirmation that he is cut from the same soggy timber as Joe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

scargill wrote: »

can't believe in this day and age ....people still take this superstitious nonsense for real

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

scargill wrote: »

I thought exactly the same, surely if you had the signs of the stigmata you would want to show them off??? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

withless wrote: »
    I think today was the worst I have ever been exposed to.

In past episodes Damien seemed to have a slight awareness of time, place and environment but this past shift has been a confirmation that he is cut from the same soggy timber as Joe.

I disagree. I think he is very different from Joe. He just has no room to manoeuvre. I reckon he has been given a very strict set of instructions from the duffster and can't deviate from it. So religious stuff - good. FF bashing - bad. Suppress calls of complaints about Aer Lingus, but amplify calls about Ryanair or anyone else. If it involves religion, put it front and centre, if a call isnt going the way you want it, use the "bad line, terrible line" technique.

By all intents and purposes Damien is quite successful at his farming programme, so its not that he is out of his depth, he just can't put his own stamp on the show.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement