Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"we were discussing how they might help his liver, help his heart, help his kidneys. But then we had to leave the ward cos the nurses were bringing him in a full Irish fry up for his dinner"..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

Virus sent by god - boooooo
    Blood clotting prevented by god - boooooo
    Kidney & Liver failure caused by god - boooooo

Super Glove (sent by god) to the rescue - yeeaaah !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Feel like I am listening to an RTE broadcast from 1982, not 2012.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

just checked with the Hospital

the kid was having his tonsils out and the problem was he was rejecting the jelly and ice cream

they threatened him with the glove and he then agreed to eat the ice cream

jcf wrote: »
    Get this disgusting arrogant sick cnt of the air

But he's off this week.. :confused:

• Advertisement

philstar wrote: »

As I said yesterday - he wasn't wearing gloves to hide his stigmata - he was wearing gloves to cover the lack of stigmata!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I'm delighted that the kid got better, but you only ever hear of the good outcomes when someone prays to Padre Pio etc. Where are the hundreds of calls along the lines that "well Damo, my kid was sick, we prayed to Padre Pio and it made bugger all difference"?

Selective memory, similar to when you recall a time that you were thinking of a song and it came on the radio, yet we forget the thousands of other times you were thinking of a song and it didn't come on the radio.

Someone is seriously ill, they get better - "it's a miracle".
    Someone is seriously ill, they die - "it was God's plan".

Fcuking church has a response for everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Why is it always something convenient? Padre pios glove. The popes hat. It's never something like St. Francis's underpants. St. Vincents trousers.
    "and damien, the child had 5 days left to live, he was in tremendous pain, but lifted up his legs and we got the underpants of st. francis and put them on him. And that night the cancer was gone"

Hey people, who was Marian having the row with ? Ronán Mullen? Might download the podcast

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

More with The Mock Awards Ceremony. ffs.

Padre Pio has more crediblity than D'omen.

• Advertisement

ahh

d'omen is smarter than he lets on

a round about attack on the net, it is!

Yakuza wrote: »
    I'm delighted that the kid got better, but you only ever hear of the good outcomes when someone prays to Padre Pio etc. Where are the hundreds of calls along the lines that "well Damo, my kid was sick, we prayed to Padre Pio and it made bugger all difference"?

It must be very annoying for doctors at times. They spend weeks trying to save somebody. Against all the odds their hard work begins to pay off and the patient begins improving.......and the family say - Thank you Jebus!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Selective memory, similar to when you recall a time that you were thinking of a song and it came on the radio, yet we forget the thousands of other times you were thinking of a song and it didn't come on the radio.

My usual last refuge of praying to Saint Anthony works every time when I lose something. However I must admit to usually feeling a bit stupid after.:o

Hey people, who was Marian having the row with ? Ronán Mullen? Might download the podcast

ronan 'the repressed' paedo defender & Maid, yes, last week or the week before

Someone is seriously ill, they get better - "it's a miracle".
    Someone is seriously ill, they die - "it was God's plan".

Fcuking church has a response for everything.
    It does happen!
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/god-answers-prayers-of-paralyzed-little-boy,475/

And I can explain why god "saved" someone and not someone else: "The lord works in mysterious ways" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

telekon wrote: »
    My usual last refuge of praying to Saint Anthony works every time when I lose something. However I must admit to usually feeling a bit stupid after.:o

I ask my son to pray to St Anthony..;)..he has an amazingly successfull record

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Why should the tax payer have to pay for people's alarms again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

to make a long story short..."everything " was stopped...

surferdudz wrote: »
    I ask my son to pray to St Anthony..;)..he has an amazingly successfull record

I prayed to St Jude for Damien, to no avail..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

Paparazzo wrote: »
    It does happen!
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/god-answers-prayers-of-paralyzed-little-boy,475/

And I can explain why god "saved" someone and not someone else: "The lord works in mysterious ways" ;)

janey, god is one cold dude :cool:

• Advertisement

Anyone who thinks winning one of those entrepreneur awards will increase their buiness is even more deluded that the Padre Pio guys.
    There's a million awards, no customer gives a shíte about them

i thought old people couldnt afford to leave their homes?

now they need alarms for when they are not there

its amazing all the little grants available

what do old people actually have to pay for?

Plugetty-plug

was she just plugging a company???

Imagine the orgasm you'd have if you had a **** wearing Padre Pio's glove? Might ring up joe on monday to say the granny is ill...

Coming up on Mooney "Your questions on Jackdaws and Crows"

It's time RTE changed it's moniker to LunacyFM and got it over with.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

yum yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

"funny Friday" not "today" you coulda fooled me !!!!!!!!!!

Anyone who thinks winning one of those entrepreneur awards will increase their buiness is even more deluded that the Padre Pio guys. There's a million awards, no customer gives a shíte about them

Didnt win, no..? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

Imagine the orgasm you'd have if you had a **** wearing Padre Pio's glove? Might ring up joe on monday to say the granny is ill...

oh go on, do:pac:

better still tell him that your granny died, and the glove did feck all good:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement