Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Bertiebasher

I missed a bit of this, if he had private health care in ireland, could he get it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

This guy is annoying me, maybe it's his voice, I dunno, but he's annoying me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I would fight for every and any chance to get any drug that could save my life if I had cancer. Poor guy I wish him all the luck in the world, if I could help him I would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Fifteen comments in 19 minutes.

Splinter, thats the sign of a really bad liveline, in case you didnt know.

Feel sorry for this guy. Now would be a good time for Joe to start a campaign like he did for the artist. Not a peep out of him though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

That was so "John" from the Savage Eye when he asked was it his last chance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

syklops wrote: »
    . Not a peep out of him though.

Then where would it stop, you'd have everyone in the same boat looking for help, there could be 100's weekly on looking for the same help. The artists situation was a little different in that it was a freak assult. Nightmare situation for this guy, very sad. Maybe Brendan O'Carroll might ring in to help out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

vicwatson wrote: »
    This guy is annoying me, maybe it's his voice, I dunno, but he's annoying me

I sincerely hope you never have to go through life with cancer.......then you would know what annoyed means....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

This is the drug he needs, still seems to be at the early stage of development, even though it's approved by the FDA in the States. Not a cure, but from what I can see it will buy you time.

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/druginfo/ipilimumab

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

200 people by 85,000 is a lot of money €17,000,000 and that's only this year. But I know if it were me I'd want the chance. When you think in the last 15 years of the waste and fat cat salarys in this country, it makes me so mad :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Talk of money wasted in Dept of Health...how about RTE Joe?

• Advertisement

pc7 wrote: »
    Then where would it stop, you'd have everyone in the same boat looking for help, there could be 100's weekly on looking for the same help. The artists situation was a little different in that it was a freak assult. Nightmare situation for this guy, very sad. Maybe Brendan O'Carroll might ring in to help out.

But people ring up joe for his help with things. Even if he didnt contribute himself, he could put your man in touch with some support groups or charities, that might be able to help him. Instead he just lets him talk and nothing will come of it.

europa11 wrote: »
    This is the drug he needs, still seems to be at the early stage of development, even though it's approved by the FDA in the States. Not a cure, but from what I can see it will buy you time.

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/druginfo/ipilimumab

I wonder could he volunteer for some trials.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I missed a bit of this, if he had private health care in ireland, could he get it ?

No, not approved therefore not licensed therefore technically not legal for prescription or use in Ireland. No doctor or nurse would administer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Next up - a plug for Funny Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

To think that Bertie had 2 secretaries for the years after he resigned, down to one now, but a full time driver and state car. A year of a resigned disgraced politician's expenses could probably cover it. All while he's getting 30k for a speech privately :mad:
    2 years of Berties make up expenses when in power could cover it. Wasn't that 40k a year?
    Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I worked in a strategic role in high-tech pharma in a former life. You don't really volunteer for trials, you're selected by your consultant. Normally, only the most severe cases get selected (depending on the disease/condition). As these drugs are unlicensed at the time of trials, anything can go wrong and then the co. is liable. As most large pharma co.'s are US owned or based, you can imagine the lengths they will go to avoid litigation so trials are often very limited I. Number and last for years. It's sad but "a commercial reality".

I don't want to sound like an amazing person (as clearly my normal comments on this thread illustrate otherwise) but that, and some of the other things I witnessed in relation to margins and profit etc., left a taste so sour in mouth I left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

bet this pr*ck has never paid tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

too much detail///....get to the point!!!

The bank wont lend me any money joe!
    Its not fair :(

"Wheres my NAMA?" coming any second now...

Seeing as the FDA has approved the drug, they've been done, so unless improvements are to be made, I doubt if more trials will be required in the near future. Also seeing as the company is US based, and given that if there are 200 sufferers in Ireland -you could multiply that by a factor of 80 or so - it sounds like a long shot to say the least to hope he'd get onto a programme. Sad story.

• Advertisement

this guy is minted...........

The bank wont lend me any money joe!
    Its not fair :(

"Wheres my NAMA?" coming any second now...
    no...the bank will only lend him too much money............

"I understand all that..." wake up , I'm not Damian..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I don't want to sound like an amazing person...

I think you're amazing

Seamus after the previous caller you have little to be giving out about :mad:

"it's a no brainer Joe"

saupload_clip_image002_289_29.jpg

Nothing like a First World problem to remind us how we partied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

You're buying to let for a pension, not buying to live in. That's the difference caller.

whineline at its best............

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

i really have sympathy for this tax dodging, unskilled boll0cks after that previous lad with Cancer....

• Advertisement

" did you win it on the horses??"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement