Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

sudzs wrote: »
    Do you think it's fair to say that the production team on Liveline are falling back on a safe bet of around 20 or so easy pickings of callers who have phoned in with their adoption stories.... easy to string them out show after show... interesting no doubt to the small minority of people effected by adoption, but not really for the rest.

I'm going to be diplomatic and say that rather than thinking it's "fair", I think it's perfectly understandable and reasonable that someone could come to that conclusion, given the evidence presented here ;)
    Just because Liveline is covering a topic, does not mean it is of interest to a large number of people.

Well JNLR would disagree with you on that one considering they say that Liveline has 414,000 listeners... In this market, I'd call that a 'large number of people'.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Think I'll send this in for unFunny Friday

Here's a little ditty for the UnFunny Friday Show
    It started with the adoption stories and boy did that grow
    Each story was sadly the same, birth mothers talking of the old Oirish shame
    But dear old Joe lapped it up he loved finding people to blame
    It amost got super
    When we had the embassy clash
    But sadly joe bottled it
    The guys accent gave him a rash
    And then the tales got dirty
    Cause Joe found something worthy
    Bad old greyhound won't collect my bin
    Its awful Joe, just terrible, its really is a sin

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He thinks Jesus is living upstairs

POST REPORTED

I presume you're joking... but if not... reported for what?
    no think its pronounced tullamore ;)

Well Joe pronounced it as if there was an accent on the e...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

eviltwin wrote: »
    Zero point talking about anything traveller related unless they are part of the discussion...otherwise you just give bigots a platform

Welcome to the Live Line forum So :D

• Advertisement

Bard wrote: »

Twas a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

He does stuff like that. Like Stock-hollum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

How could get access to the birth book.?..didn`t think they would let you see that

Twas a joke

Good :D

Back to knuckles or Nigerian Embassy after the break? not much time left now..

• Advertisement

Last guy was of help to that woman, not a sensational story like bare fist fighting though so of no interest to listeners obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Rosiestar

spot on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

maybe he was thinking of the well known song:

wheeeeen the town meets your eye, you let out a sigh, oh no, its TULLA-MOR-E

Please dont Joe

Mooney sounds as cheery as Liveline has been.

Hmm, Joe Duffy snubbed by Nigerian Embassey.

Last guy was of help to that woman, not a sensational story like bare fist fighting though so of no interest to listeners obviously.

That was help she could have got anywhere if she cared to look, Citizens Advice Centre for example...

WTF is with Tullamoray???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

My feed died.. what did he say was on tomorrow?? Looking at handwriting or something??? :confused::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Was there any need for that dig? Nobody made a comment about the guy's help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

pc7 wrote: »
    Think I'll send this in for unFunny Friday

Here's a little ditty for the UnFunny Friday Show

One for Syl :rolleyes:....

A woman has twins and gives them up for adoption.
    One of them goes to a family in Egypt and is named “Ahmal.”
    The other goes to a family in Spain; they name him “Juan.”
    Years later, Juan sends a picture of himself to his birth mother.
    Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband that she wishes
    she also had a picture of Ahmal. Her husband responds,
    They’re twins! If you’ve seen Juan, you’ve seen Ahmal.”

• Advertisement

so do you think that the potentially fatal injuries that could occur during these illegal fights is not worth highlighting on the countrys most listened to radio show.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

so you dont think that the potentially fatal injuries that could occur during these illegal fights is worth highlighting on the countrys most listened to radio show.

FWIW, you're more likely to die in a regulated boxing fight than bareknuckle, you can punch harder and longer wearing gloves...

But it should have gotten more of an airing than it did...

signostic wrote: »
    That was help she could have got anywhere if she cared to look, Citizens Advice Centre for example...

Your point been what so? A huge amount of stuff people phone into radio shows about could be found online or elsewhere, the best phone shows are about human interaction and empathy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Here we go now... gay, adopted Traveller fights..

I lasted 6 minutes into Mooney and then he burst into song singing Jedward and so I had to turn it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

syklops wrote: »
    I lasted 6 minutes into Mooney and then he burst into song singing Jedward and so I had to turn it off.

Brenda anouncing she had a stain on her upper lip was enough for me! :(

dulpit wrote: »
    FWIW, you're more likely to die in a regulated boxing fight than bareknuckle, you can punch harder and longer wearing gloves...

But it should have gotten more of an airing than it did...

yeah you could be right, but i'd sooner get hit by a regulated boxing glove then somebodys bare fist, these guys were fighting for over an hour at times with no protection whatsoever, i personally think the effects of that is a serious topic that should've been discussed but he washed over it like nobody even mentioned it.

so do you think that the potentially fatal injuries that could occur during these illegal fights is not worth highlighting on the countrys most listened to radio show.

The fatal injuries that could occur from any sort of boxing including pro are of interest of course but none of those calls were concerned with the boxers been injured they were just an excuse to show prejudice based on the own callers suppositions, like the eejit with his "a bunch of us reckon" nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

syklops wrote: »
    (((shudder)))
    sudzs wrote:
    Brenda anouncing she had a stain on her upper lip was enough for me!
    *gags*

• Advertisement

Your point been what so? A huge amount of stuff people phone into radio shows about could be found online or elsewhere, the best phone shows are about human interaction and empathy.

That`s your opinion, i would`nt exactly call today's show riveting because for one the subject has been covered for most of last week,
    Last nights bare knuckle fighting was only aired briefly and dropped like a hot potato when it needed serious discussion

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement