Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Ah come on its an ongoing issue of interest to a huge amount of Irish people, apart from travellers fighting or whatever your interested in what topics should be covered that aren't on LL, is it not listener driven (the ones that call in I mean) and maybe people get some solace from been on the air?

All people on the radio talking about cancer does to listeners is remind them about the subject of cancer. And if you already have cancer or your loved died recently, all it does is remind them and make them sad.

That you would belittle my opinion by even bringing up traveller fighting just shows you dont understand what i am talking about so I will give up.

I will end with this. For 400k a year and a listenership of 400k Joe could actually help people. Actually help with real help. The charity campaign for the disabled artist was where he actually helped someone. Unfortunately, no-one told Joe that there are other artists out there who are in need of things.

Instead of chosing to help people, he sits back and goes into samaritan mode. Only instead of being free its on a premium number.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Joe "Herbalists are Quacks"

Kettle=Pot=black!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Call Liveline on 1850 715 815 and have YOUR hopes dashed by Joe Duffy..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

thanks for that Kay!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Erm, could he not take some calls from cancer survivors, no? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Joe sounds super knarky today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Are the Nigerians still in meetings?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

syklops wrote: »
    All people on the radio talking about cancer does to listeners is remind them about the subject of cancer. And if you already have cancer or your loved died recently, all it does is remind them and make them sad.

That you would belittle my opinion by even bringing up traveller fighting just shows you dont understand what i am tlaking about so I will give up.

I will end with this. For 400k a year and a listenership of 400k Joe could actually help people. Actually help with real help. The charity campaign for the disabled artist was where he actually helped someone. Unfortunately, no-one told Joe that there are other artists out there who are in need of things.

Instead of chosing to help people, he sits back and goes into samaritan mode. Only instead of being free its on a premium number.

Maybe the topics of interest to the hundreds of thousands of LL listeners aren't necessarily those of interest to the people who contribute to this thread I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Maybe the topics of interest to the hundreds of thousands of LL listeners aren't necessarily those of interest to the people who contribute to this thread I suppose.

Give it up will you

its getting boring at this stage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

JJ
    is not that a man's name..usually?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

This has to a prank call..JJ..good man yerself.

"you called me"

BINGO!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Was that an accent????

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Can anyone run subtitles on this for me?

Did she say "stopted the car"? :confused:

:D

a man or woman now speaking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

He's lucky he didnt get a box in the jaw..

He's a fine physique.. well that's lucky, cos I know (from the four Superman movies) that that makes him impenetrable to bullets ..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Current caller:

170px-Leprechaun_ill_artlibre_jnl.png

Is it one of the Healy Raes?

signostic wrote: »
    a man or woman now speaking?

is it human?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

She sounds like she good do with a good hooting from behind. :eek:

I understand him/her

Think Joe meant to thank PJ Gallagher, not JJ, all that was missing was the whistling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Darby-Ogill-And-The-Little-People-1959-ScreenShot-26.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Give it up will you

its getting boring at this stage

Have I upset you and your little gang?

pc7 wrote: »
    Was that an accent????

I think it was Bon Jovi having him on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Adoption.... Again..... Unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Every country town crackpot seems to have a direct line to Liveline.

Every country town crackpot seems to have a direct line to Liveline.

Actually, Livelahine researchers have a list of these people and call them..

• Advertisement

Have I upset you and your little gang?

Leave it out Teckno...post if you wish but do not offend other posters..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement