Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

none
    none
    none
    none
    none
    none

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

pc7 wrote: »
    According to savage eye, something else pricks up too

Of course Dave McSavage did say that the sketch in question is a host named "John" and is only loosely based on J.D. ... still though... funny stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

"I know, I know, I know, I know" .....and then he asks a question :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Health??? has Joe not been concentrating for the last half hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Bertiebasher

Bard wrote: »
    Of course Dave McSavage did say that the sketch in question is a host named "John" and is only loosely based on J.D. ... still though... funny stuff :)

can u get that sketche anywhere..searched youtube before, but not on there.. never saw it..

• Advertisement

The next time you go cycling

remember

dont get knocked down by a truck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Bard wrote: »

please dont mention Dave, Joe goes cold and his brain freezes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Mooney time to **** the radio out the window..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Poor Johnny Ronan:D

my friend wrote: »
    please dont mention Dave, Joe goes cold and his brain freezes

I know i know i know i know i know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

the wife just flicked on the show and i couldnt believe my ears, he was talking about cyclists and i said damn it i missed a death free show, but then enevitably it got round to death, all is well in the world again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

can u get that sketche anywhere..searched youtube before, but not on there.. never saw it..

Well you won't have found it if you were searching for "Joe Duffy", you see...

"How Bad Does It Make You Feel?"
    :)

(Parody... loosely based... actually called "John"... etc.)

johnny-ronan2.jpg

A blow job off rosanna davidson might help numb the pain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Treasurey Holdings also own the building NAMA pays rent to. In total state leases they will receive €50 million a year.

patwicklow wrote: »
    Treasurey Holdings also own the building NAMA pays rent to. In total state leases they will receive €50 million a year.

And it's stil not enough to keep him going

patwicklow wrote: »

also, the National Conference Centre is NOT part of the action.

Why NOT?

Seize the lot, it does not make sense that the taxpayer continue to fund cherry picked operations 'belonging' to Treasury

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

my friend wrote: »
    also, the National Conference Centre is NOT part of the action.

Why NOT?

Seize the lot, it does not make sense that the taxpayer continue to fund cherry picked operations 'belonging' to Treasury

It looks nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭furiousox

From the Irish Times Tv & Radio section 18/2/12...

Radio moment of the week

Joe Duffy is something of a master when it comes to wringing maximum emotional impact from his callers’ experiences. But Monday’s Liveline (RTÉ Radio 1, weekdays) featured a rare instance of Duffy overplaying his hand. Speaking to Kieran, an unemployed security guard whose offer to work for free had been turned down, the presenter sought to play up the human drama, asking Kieran if he had any family. A wife and two children came the answer, prompting Duffy to sigh for nearly 10 seconds in sympathy and, unfortunately, inaudibility. Kieran’s nonplussed response somewhat ruined the poignancy of the moment. “Hello?”

CPL 593H

Childrens Hospital refused at Mater site would be a good topic

• Advertisement

RTE might have found Harry Crosbie by then....

harrycrosbie.jpg

My shoulders are getting tired from throwing my hands up in the air at this stage, but yet again the civil servants mess it up... Did NOBODY think of bringing a consultant from the council onto to advise them on this as they were putting the plans together.. Lord knows there are enough people in the planning department doing nothing at the moment. The only discussion about the hospital seemed to be about access time to the facility, was the height issue not even on their radar?

Not sure if Joe will even discuss it, I'm sure he's probably got an update for us on that train set instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Crappy apartments at Belmaine on the show today, along with the Sick Childers Hospital so expect irrational debate no matter what.

I've sent a mail to Liveline listing the reasons why its better to be built near Newlands Cross, its not just access, its also a better place for kids in there long term to recover, I wonder if they'll get back to me.

On a side note its nice to see Ronan Collins playing a bit of Lonnie Donegan, I only got into him years back beacause the late great John Peel was a fan of his.

bijapos wrote: »
    I've sent a mail to Liveline listing the reasons why its better to be built near Newlands Cross, its not just access, its also a better place for kids in there long term to recover, I wonder if they'll get back to me.

Joe: 'bijapos, go ahead'

(Joe scrumples paper and switches off his mic, screams at call screener 'bijapos! you give me bijapos' - turns mic back on after letting stapler fly at the producer)

... bad line bijapos, bad line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Seems An Bord Pleannala do get it right sometimes. They also said no to building a Tesco store on a flood plain yards from the Barrow river in my town...after the CoCo had given the green light :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Won't somebody think of the sick childers line is already getting tiresome, and that's just from listening to the News at 1.

Crappy apartments at Belmaine on the show today.

the developer LM Developments built in 9 locations across the city

the can of worms was opened with Priory Hall

It's funny listening to this guy from Tallaght saying that this decision was made on the basis of cronyism, and that a much better site would be out near his home in Tallaght..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Crappy apartments at Belmaine on the show today,

Ah the good old days, when property promised a good screw (up).

scaled.php?server=99&filename=belmayne2fx2.png&res=medium
    belmayne3gw6.png
    belmayne1mr41.png

• Advertisement

It's funny listening to this guy from Tallaght saying that this decision was made on the basis of cronyism, and that a much better site would be out near his home in Tallaght..

Tallaght has fast access from the north south east and west

perfect location

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement