Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Yeah, perfect location for the majority of the country. The Mater site is just a pain to get to unless you're travelling there at all hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

You also have to remember that a lot of kids in Temple St or Crumlin are there medium to long term, or in and out permanently, my 9 year old nephew is almost over a long Chaemo session there and the fact that the Newlands Cross site offers space for recuperation in the outdoors helps a lot too. Mater site would have had huge issues with parking, facilities for families staying long term etc.

Sorry, but in this case the Newlands site makes more sense. There were never any great reasons for patients given as to why the hospital should be built in an inner city site, plenty were given for a site peripheral to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Grand sneeze there on the N@1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

RadioRetro wrote: »
    Grand sneeze there on the [EMAIL="N@1."]N@1.[/EMAIL]

Yep, just wiping the green gunk of my speakers. :(

And kiddies hospital it is.... so predictable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Why don't they use the thornton hall site, loads of space, get travel links in jobs oxo.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

At least he's covering something that's been in the news, lately its just been so random!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Eh... in fairness to them, it's the top news story of the day... why wouldn't they discuss it on Live Line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

I dont be liking the hostible Joe.

The hostible does be too tall Joe.

I'd hate to have a sick child in my car Joe but I dont want the hostible built near me Joe

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

more irrational anecdotal bull from a whineline caller

• Advertisement

Bard wrote:
    why wouldn't they discuss it on Live Line?

No reason at all, hence the 'so predictable'.

God she's fairly cranky, "you get the message Joe", I could go on forever

Please dont!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Actually this is what they should be talking about today.

In recent times major stories have come and gone with no discussion on Liveline. He should be talking about this, not Train Sets and the 1907 Eucharistic Congress.

Silly comparison, carried on from the News at 1, with Croke Park.

Croke Park doesn't be opened like the hostible Joe

Is this the same fool that bought a house next to Croke Park in 2006 and now complains about the crowds when there is a game on?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Bertiebasher

Tallaght has fast access from the north south east and west

perfect location

Think there is a not enough land in Tallaght ? Agree it should be out in the west dub area/off M50.

Another Bertie fck up...€30 mill down the tube.

If this hospital was built 50 miles from the nearest house there be objections

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

A lad I know just built two apartments and then got retention. Why dont they just do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I dont be liking the hostible Joe.

The hostible does be too tall Joe.

I'd hate to have a sick child in my car Joe but I dont want the hostible built near me Joe

What, pacifically, don't you not be liking about the new hostiple? Shirley, it would be very populous?

• Advertisement

No reason at all, hence the 'so predictable'.

Well saying that something is "so predictable" sounds like you have a problem with it... I certainly don't, personally... and I think this is exactly what they should be discussing on the show.

Badly put so, it was meant as an observation, not a criticism.

I'm on the side of the locals anyway, that visualisation of the hospital was enormous, it would dominate the surrounding area. If it had got the go-ahead and I owned a house there I'd be bailing out fairly lively.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Objecting to height? It's a disgrace Joe. I'm 6'6".

Its time to cull the IT,RTE, the PC brigade and their fanboys and girls

Jaysus Bard, since you starting keeping a regular eye on us here the crankiness quotient has shot right up :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Lol dubs giving out about dublin planning..."do you remember mrs dooleys coddle shop" etc..

Yakuza wrote: »
    What, pacifically, don't you not be liking about the new hostiple? Shirley, it would be very populous?

The hostiple is too up in the sky Joe and it does be ruining the skyline and all Joe. I dont be liking the traffic and all Joe. The populist population will be populatin' me Joe

I just don't see how it could of worked there, you can't park at the mater as it is. I had to drop my granddad off at the doors recently to visit my gran and then I had to drive for 10 minute and park in the flats, it was well dodgy.

Badly put so, it was meant as an observation, not a criticism.

Fair enough :)
    I'm on the side of the locals anyway, that visualisation of the hospital was enormous, it would dominate the surrounding area. If it had got the go-ahead and I owned a house there I'd be bailing out fairly lively.

I *am* a local, and I agree totally. Bad location for something so massive.
    ThisRegard wrote:
    Jaysus Bard, since you starting keeping a regular eye on us here the crankiness quotient has shot right up :p

Well when I'm posting as a moderator, I'll use all bold text to distinguish it. Usually though, I'm just posting as just a regular contributor having a regular chat on the topic :)

• Advertisement

'a Unesco city'

lmao

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement