Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Is failing to put together a plan to build a childrens hospital a plan to make unesco happy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

pc7 wrote: »
    I just don't see how it could of worked there, you can't park at the mater as it is. I had to drop my granddad off at the doors recently to visit my gran and then I had to drive for 10 minute and park in the flats, it was well dodgy.

This is the thing though the dubs seem to think its eclusively theirs and the rest of the country can make their way into the clusterfook that is the city centre.

Fair play common sense has prevailed this facility should be somewhere near a ring road so access is easier and not jammed into dublin city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I just don't see how it could of worked there, you can't park at the mater as it is. I had to drop my granddad off at the doors recently to visit my gran and then I had to drive for 10 minute and park in the flats, it was well dodgy.

Imagine the traffic problems while it was being built (and response times of the ambulances trying to get back to The Mater or Temple St would suffer)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

my friend wrote: »
    'a Unesco city'

lmao

You get 10 unesco points for every junkie in the city, 5 for beggars, we are well up there :p

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Wait for the link folks.

"And from one building to not being built to a building that has been built but is of poor quality. Belmayne or what people are calling 'Priory Hall part 2.' God bless, god bless."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭suzie987

Yep I agree. I know the other argument is that if your child is seriously ill you don't care about parking you just want world class healthcare.

But . . . a lot of children's illnesses are long-term. What about family (immediate and extended) who want to come and visit? Also someone mentioned in an earlier post that long term illness patient's need some outdoor spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭baldbear

We are where we are!! Bingo.

Going forward might be next.

We are were we are..wont somebody think of the children..is that like a double bingo?

Jaysoose wrote: »
    We are were we are..wont somebody think of the children..is that like a double bingo?

sin sceal eile

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

suzie987 wrote: »
    Yep I agree. I know the other argument is that if your child is seriously ill you don't care about parking you just want world class healthcare.

Well you will care about parking when your chucking them at the door or walking them 20 minutes from a parking spot. Its not just for the kids, its hard with older people too to get in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

This guy is really ramming home the "won't somebody please help the sick children?" card.

Yea, help the children that live outside of Dublin to avail of the hospital too - move the damn thing to Tallaght...

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Bertiebasher

This is the thing though the dubs seem to think its eclusively theirs and the rest of the country can make their way into the clusterfook that is the city centre.

Fair play common sense has prevailed this facility should be somewhere near a ring road so access is easier and not jammed into dublin city centre.

Actually think most dubs (incl myself) think that the Mater site was wrong end off. Outskirts of Dublin it needs to be.

But sure, my kids will be adults by the time this gets built tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

'a Unesco city'

lmao

The old part of Edinburgh is Unesco designated, but I don't think putting a block on all development in Dublin to get a cert from the UN is a good idea.

(I don't think this Hospital should be built on the Mater Site, I'm just saying not all development in undesirable)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I'm a Dub and none of my fellow Dubs I'm friendly with think it should be in the city centre. But then again none of us walk like pigeons or wear track suits as formal wear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

'a Unesco city'

lmao

Georgian Dublin!! Has that women ever been in some of those Georgian dublin buildings, there just fronts with the insides gutted out.

trippin' on me trippence

Oh fcuk off with the "we are where we are"...:mad::mad:

FF supporter nailed on...

Georgian Dublin!! Has that women ever been in some of those Georgian dublin buildings, there just fronts with the insides gutted out.

That makes them more important that a building that we actually need

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Skid wrote: »
    Actually this is what they should be talking about today.

In recent times major stories have come and gone with no discussion on Liveline. He should be talking about this, not Train Sets and the 1907 Eucharistic Congress.

So true, the 1912 Congress beats it, hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

my only experience of the Mater was for a few hours one time, and for insurance reasons (due to taking a painkiller) they had to get a taxi to go from the public to private building fifty feet down the road, instead of walking. Co location is a red herring.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

telekon wrote: »
    Oh fcuk off with the "we are where we are"...:mad::mad:

FF supporter nailed on...

I would love to know the details about his supposed sick child...

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I'm a Dub and none of my fellow Dubs I'm friendly with think it should be in the city centre. But then again none of us walk like pigeons or wear track suits as formal wear.

No bleedin way..wha!

That makes them more important that a building that we actually need

Its a pity its in the wrong location.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Took me a minute to realise that those seagulls were coming from the radio. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Was it just me or did I hear seagulls in the background there?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

That_Guy wrote: »
    Took me a minute to realise that those seagulls were coming from the radio. :pac:

"That Guy, you're on the air..."

"There's seagulls coming out of me radio Joeeeee..."

"Errr..."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

That_Guy wrote: »

Did you not look outside?
    birds3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

These parents should not be 'literally crawling in from Newslands Cross'

Get a Bus or taxi or something, or even walk, but don't crawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Bertiebasher

where does this FFer live ?

answers on a postcard

• Advertisement

Listen to Johnny easy answers here..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement