Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I dunno... I was turning left earlier... indicating left and actually in the process of turning... actually MID-turn... when a cyclist, trying to overtake me on the left, went right into the side of my passenger door/mirror. I was driving a car, not a truck...

In fairness to the cyclist, he did acknowledge that the mistake was his. After I shouted at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"Indicators are loud on a truck"

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Bard wrote: »
    I dunno... I was turning left earlier... indicating left and actually in the process of turning... actually MID-turn... when a cyclist, trying to overtake me on the left, went right into the side of my passenger door/mirror. I was driving a car, not a truck...

In fairness to the cyclist, he did acknowledge that the mistake was his.

The moral of the story is that people and motor vehicles are somtimes a bad mix

The moral of the story is that people and motor vehicles are somtimes a bad mix

No, the moral of the story is pay attention and don't try to pass a vehicle on the left which is obviously turning left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Derek Mooney is onto something - if all road users waved at each other (including cyclists) then they'd all see each other and nobody would get killed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Unusual story all the same.

Never heard of so many cyclists using a road. Footpaths must be cordoned off up on the Quays.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Joe wont like this lad trying to connect himself to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Bard wrote: »

In fairness to the cyclist, he did acknowledge that the mistake was his. After I shouted at him.

If you had been driving a truck he probably wouldn't have been able to apologise.

What kind of moron tries to overtake a car when its in the process of turning?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

"When I was a student like you Joe"

joe+duffy+2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Blatant FF'er on the line.... His name is Joe. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Bertiebasher

balllllllocks Joe FF Duffy

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Joe defending Bertie shocker!

syklops wrote: »

dick-bike.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Bertiebasher

fcck the internationls

syklops wrote: »

Oh you'd be surprised just how many such idiots are cycling around our streets... and just how many of them would plead innocence in situations like this. I was just glad in this case that this eejit accepted that it was his own stupid fault.

current callers dream is that

'his childrens, children can go to the childrens hospital'

imagine wishing ill health on your grandchildren...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Very sad to listen to liveline today. However what worries me is an exact same model copy of the development was built by the same builder in Cityside and Citygate meakstown.

Makes you wonder if its next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Very sad to listen to liveline today. However what worries me is an exact same model copy of the development was built by the same builder in Cityside and Citygate meakstown.

I felt sorry for that English guy.. Paid 500k for a house that is not firesafe. Awful stuff, the council should hang their heads in shame..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

I felt sorry for that English guy.. Paid 500k for a house that is not firesafe. Awful stuff, the council should hang their heads in shame..

Me too. It was heart-rending listening to his account; as were the programming a few months ago dealing with Priory Hall and all the reports of shoddy building from around the country - using fairy liquid instead of PVA and cement bags plugging ducts etc etc.

Today's caller was so right when he said that the civil servants are supposed to be looking out for the public not assisting developers.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Belmayne and the Childrens Hospital location today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I have never heard the term "chain of evidence" in reference to a seal before.

I have never heard the term "chain of evidence" in reference to a seal before.

Was that Seal known to Gardai:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Belmayne and the Childrens Hospital location today

Thank jebus for that I thought it was going to be unFunny Friday.

pc7 wrote: »
    Thank jebus for that I thought it was going to be unFunny Friday.

Next week:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

That's next Friday, laaaave from Tullamore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

joe, just let HER tell the story please...

Bertie?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Fizz-boro! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

RadioRetro wrote: »
    That's next Friday, laaaave from Tullamore.

I thought it was in Tulla-moray. Fek! Have to change travel plans now... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

No, sorry! You're right, mea culpa.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement