Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

In the promo Joe said it was a car-jacking, so its actually an opportunistic theft now. Nice bit of sensationalism to get the pee-pul wound up Mr Duffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

no a passat convertible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

What type of car was he driving? ... oh sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Yeah Joe, he's probably a regular listener to Radio One.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

i bet she's done this before as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Had he a stutter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

"No word from your mobile?" ??? Mobiles can talk now?

BOOM! Parking at the Mater, mega-segue into the next subject there!

Depends on where you start your journey from Joe:rolleyes:

This is so sad

the parents must be going through hell today:(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Its awful what happend that little boy and his family, but it can happen on any estate, there were plenty of 2 inch puddles/ponds of water as I came to work this morning, it isn't just ghost estates. Its a tragic accident that could happen anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Depends on where you start your journey from Joe:rolleyes:

He meant Ballyer or Clontarf.

Or is there another place in this country that matters?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

So sad for the family of that little boy who drowned, the developer and county council will have some questions to answer there, not that it will help that family.

He sounds like a broken man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

So sad for the family of that little boy who drowned, the developer and county council will have some questions to answer there, not that it will help that family.

The problem being of course neither the council or developer will accept any responsibility nor will they be forced to.

This country and people that have bought property built in the last ten years have been sold down the river to line the pockets of the elite and maintain the councils.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It is an awful tragedy, I have a toddler a small bit younger than that poor child, but there's a big elephant in the room that I don't want to poke that you're missing by simply blaming the developer and council for this.

Another example of the disgraceful washing of hands attitude by local and state agencies to the plight of people living in unfinished estates. The denial of help to people in need is shameful.

Wouldn't be relying on developers of these estates to secure sites.

Having seen the condition a few of them (on TV admittedly), they have been all but abandoned.

Tragic story about the child in Athlone yesterday, truly heartbreaking for the parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Is that Diarmuid Gavin?? Speaking with strange silent "R's" and going on about water features!

RadioRetro wrote: »
    Another example of the disgraceful washing of hands attitude by local and state agencies to the plight of people living in unfinished estates. The denial of help to people in need is shameful.

I think there needs to be a major investigation into who was signing the fire certs in the councils and heads should roll.

Its a disgrace that the council can simply say nothing on this, they happily collected the revenue and didnt check what they were signing off on its mental.

Sure this is Oireland, no-one can be forced to take responsibility for anything.

Trucks v cyclists again.

• Advertisement

Ballyfermot

BINGO!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

ThisRegard wrote: »
    It is an awful tragedy, I have a toddler a small bit younger than that poor child, but there's a big elephant in the room that I don't want to poke that you're missing by simply blaming the developer and council for this.

I know what you're referring to, it was my second thought (I'm a parent as well), straight after my thoughts of sympathy for the child's parents. Now probably isn't the time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Absolutely, hence me leaving sleeping elephants lie (way to mix up my idioms)

Women using the pram to stop traffic..happens all the time..disgraceful stuff and all to common.

Oh she is off to a good start..confused as to the difference between a management company and a managemnt agent..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

People need to remember one thing. The pedestrian has full right of way on the road. That truck driver would have been wrong if he hit that woman. Half of them are not careful at all

swingking wrote: »
    People need to remember one thing. The pedestrian has full right of way on the road. That truck driver would have been wrong if he hit that woman. Half of them are not careful at all

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Women using the pram to stop traffic..happens all the time..disgraceful stuff and all to common.
    Jaywalking - Reggae Style:

149706.jpg

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Joe must be chomping at the bit here to give Greyhound a mention.

• Advertisement

What exactly does she want the managment company to do? demand money with menace?

She should be complaining to her fellow residents its their fault.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement