Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

syklops wrote: »
    Mrs Syklops is working from home today and doesnt normally listen to liveline.

Mrs Syklops to me:

"No offence to you but it seems like that show has an ad break every 5 minutes"

I lol'ed.

There's a Mrs Syklops???? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

No preamble for the Mooney Show. :rolleyes:

What surprises could lay in store.........Jedward?...Eurovision?.....Louis Walsh's hairpiece?.......Bird's nesting in his backyard :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

europa11 wrote: »

What surprises could lay in store.........Jedward?...Eurovision?.....Louis Walsh's hairpiece?.......Bird's nesting in his backyard :D

Jedward - Check

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

Nobody seems to have worked it out but Emma Louise the "proud grass roots Fianna Fail member, lifelong Fianna Fail voter from a Fianna Fail family who was so proud of Micheal Martin and found his speech inspiring" is this lady:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Nobody seems to have worked it out but Emma Louise the "proud grass roots Fianna Fail member, lifelong Fianna Fail voter from a Fianna Fail family who was so proud of Micheal Martin and found his speech inspiring" is this lady:

excellent work Sid

mucho gracias

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

europa11 wrote: »

my friend wrote: »
    Jedward - Check

Bird's nesting - Bingo

Pity Mooney's so predictable. I could have had a nice little bet up by now.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

sudzs wrote: »
    There's a Mrs Syklops???? :(

Well as good as.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

CBC Radio's ethnic hour is looking for a fluent speaker of Dublinesse, as are SBS Radio. Mary Wilson is double jobbing with Radio New Zealand!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

God damn meetings looks like the last half hour was good I'll try listen later :D

• Advertisement

pc7 wrote: »
    God damn meetings looks like the last half hour was good I'll try listen later :D

Taxi driver was a classic Lahhhvvlahhn Cabbie....and from Ballyer to top it all :D , FF's Emma Louise also unmissable.

Get the popcorn ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Magic Darts Sid !

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭kitsy13

Joe just posted a picture of himself and the taxi driver / poet on his twitter account..

@talktojoe1850

kitsy13 wrote: »
    Joe just posted a picture of himself and the taxi driver / poet on his twitter account..

@talktojoe1850
    Thomas Delaney the taxi driver that wowed #Liveline listeners yesterday on Emigration

AnTkm0TCQAIeXVt.jpg_large-Bk3GC3EI.jpg

Not sure if wowed is the word I would use.

He looks as I was expecting though.

Is the embedding of pictures disabled?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

What is he on about today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭berrypendel

Apologies if OT

Does anyone know when joe spoke to a patient locked in st michaels clonmel?

Apologies if OT

Does anyone know when joe spoke to a patient locked in st michaels clonmel?

That topic lasted for a solid week

That topic lasted for a solid week
    when i am trying to get the podcast. friend said a month ago?

Well the point of the call(I use the term loosely) was to bring attention to the fact the ward was being locked for christmas, so I am pretty sure you are looking at the week before christmas. Not sure if they keep podcasts for so long.

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/2012-01-19.html

• Advertisement

Well the point of the call(I use the term loosely) was to bring attention to the fact the ward was being locked for christmas, so I am pretty sure you are looking at the week before christmas. Not sure if they keep podcasts for so long.
    no that is not it. i am talking of st michaels clonmel in tiperary

no that is not it. i am talking of st michaels clonmel in tiperary

I'm going to need more to go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

What are we talking about here.. The woman who was fired .. Louise Bayliss?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

I dont use Twitter, but I just flicked through Joes own Twitter after seeing the link above. I see he uses his book cover as a avatar, every second tweet is on Clontarf or Fire Engines. Everyone is "the wonderful" or "the great". He seems to use it a lot, and this from a man who laid into politicians and others for using Twitter when it first started up.

Easy knowing he got the taxi driver to come into RTE to get the photo taken to publicise himself. No doubt Joe gave him the "ye're all great men" guff and no doubt the taxi driver is spreading the gospel of Joe around Dublin.

Pity he didn't get Shane O'Curry to come in and have a chat.

I dont remember anyone locked in st michaels clonmel:confused:

the unit is now a locked unit so everyone is locked in. there is security on the door. a friend told me one of the patients who are locked in had been on phone to duffy 'about a month ago'. not the louise bayliss thing

What are we talking about here.. The woman who was fired .. Louise Bayliss?
    no

I don't either. Although a few callers have sounded like they should have been in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Jeesus, spit it out woman...

• Advertisement

I don't either. Although a few callers have sounded like they should have been in there.

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement