Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parliament Bridge

Options
  • 15-02-2012 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hey Everyone! Just wondering if someone could help me.

Let's say you are coming from George's Quay and want to get onto the Grand Parade. When turning right onto Parliament Bridge, are you allowed to manoevre your car so that you end up on the left hand side of the Bridge? There are two lanes there, but since there is a continuous white line in the middle of the road and you can't (as far as I know) get onto it from Sullivan's Quay, can you just turn right into the left hand lane? This might seem like a stupid question but please bear in mind that I never drive in the city centre as I don't need to. I'm just wondering as it would be handy info just in case I ever have to go that way!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

Drive up George's Quay in the left hand lane (which is for straight ahead and right-turning traffic) and turn right on to the bridge directly into the left hand lane on it. Then turn left at the lights for Grand Parade.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MangoLime

Oh God it seems so obvious now! Meh, better than getting stuck!

Thanks a million!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

MangoLime wrote: »
    Oh God it seems so obvious now! Meh, better !

Good, it's a difficult manoeuvre to correct if in the wrong lane. Watch out for buses and large truck who will take up both lanes for their right right turn whilst going in either lane and going back to the same lane, but it would look like they are changing lanes.

The left lane is usually faster too so a little benefit for getting it correct early as one can.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Oh God it seems so obvious now! Meh, better than getting stuck!

Thanks a million!

Have you ever visited the magic roundabout?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MangoLime

kub wrote: »

Yes, never by myself though. Again because I don't need to drive through it. I'm not complaining though! *shudder*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Ger89

kub wrote: »

Forgive my ignorance, kub, but what and where is the magic roundabout?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

It is the kinsale road roundabout at bottom of airport road. Not as bad as it used to be obviously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Ger89

Ludo wrote: »
    It is the kinsale road roundabout at bottom of airport road. Not as bad as it used to be obviously

Thanks, Ludo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Hey Everyone! Just wondering if someone could help me.

Let's say you are coming from George's Quay and want to get onto the Grand Parade. When turning right onto Parliament Bridge, are you allowed to manoevre your car so that you end up on the left hand side of the Bridge? There are two lanes there, but since there is a continuous white line in the middle of the road and you can't (as far as I know) get onto it from Sullivan's Quay, can you just turn right into the left hand lane? This might seem like a stupid question but please bear in mind that I never drive in the city centre as I don't need to. I'm just wondering as it would be handy info just in case I ever have to go that way!

Thanks in advance!

Stop your car before the bridge (doesn't matter if you leave it in the middle of the road), get out and walk into Callanans and have five or six Beamish.

Advertisement