Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moominder

• 15-02-2012 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Has anyone here have experience of http://www.moominder.ie/site/index.html . If it works like they say it could be handy and usefull depending on price of course. All advice welcome . Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Has anyone here have experience of http://www.moominder.ie/site/index.html . If it works like they say it could be handy and usefull depending on price of course. All advice welcome . Thanks

Hi Castletrader

I have no experience or prior knowldege of this system, so can't help you there. Thanks for posting the link though;)

I like the general principle behind the idea, but it seems awkward and impractical even for dairy farmers. That radio transmitter thing is too big and bulky, sure they'd have their head constantly cocked to one side with the weight of it! Not to mention awkwardness with barriers etc And you have to go moving the receiver station around the farm! They've a bit of more homework to do with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sweeney007

this system is in the states over 10 years

www.tekvet.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Anyone know roughly how much it costs? For the tags, and then the base station/software etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bobbyyoung

according to support , prices from september

165 cows breaksdown like this ....

165 x 30 euro for the tags
    1000 x 1 for base station

just short of 6k inclusive of VAT

I am suckler , have them calving inside and AI'd inside so perfect for me ..
    but new to computers so a little scary for me .... hopefully they will train us up and have to see a demo first though .... if screen too complex will not be for me .... don't want to relay just on the texts they send. Want to see them cycling twice before AI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

[MOD]
    Thread closed for a while, normal service will resume shortly.
    [/MOD]

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement