Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISP in Galway Clybaun Road area?

• 15-02-2012 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I'm using same ISP (UPC) for over four years.
    I'm moving soon into a new house, and I can use this as an excuse (for my self) to switch to something better, if there is something better in Knocknacarra.

I'd appreciate some tips as to which companies I should consider. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭jassha

Have been in Knocknacarra for over 10 years. Have tried them all and nothing i have come accross comes close to upc. moved to them about 3 years ago and have never had a problem that i did not cause myself. Fantastic download speeds. Would def recommend them. Just in case it might be releveant i have my tv and phone with them as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Wouldn't recommend eircom. Speeds where fine on the Ballymoneen Road. When we moved to Clybaun things changed for the worse (different exchange). Planning to move again in the next couple of months and will switch to UPC then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I don't think you'll find any better value than NTL/UPC. The cost/speed ratio is the best on offer at the moment. Their customer service is dire, but aren't they all?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

UPC best by far , im in that area and had eircom and it was dire. have UPC last couple of years and its way better,plus they upped the speed recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 squamata

UPC it is then. Thank you all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 473 ✭✭Ludikrus

I'm in Clybaun and would vote for UPC as well. I would say however the speeds are never what you're supposed to be getting. I am supposed to have 20Mb and it's usually around 10Mb whenever I measure it. But 10Mb is enough for my my requirements. As a previous poster said, they upgraded everyone recently for free. (I think I originally signed up for 10Mb.)

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

UPC all the way for downloading, uploading, gaming! Tried 'em all, UPC 100%.

Advertisement