Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glanmire Dental Practice Deal.

Options
  • 15-02-2012 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, thought i would post this here. Thought this would be handy for people who want to get a
    full dental examination with scale and polish and X-Ray. All that for only €29 in Glanmire Dental Practice, County Cork. Bought one myself. Click link.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hey himself was talking about this the other day..We couldnt figure it is was good or bad that dentist are offering it so cheap..If you go will you let me know how it goes...Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

I will of course, i'll post back feedback on this thread. Havent been to that practice before so it will be a new experience. Hoping to go this week or next. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

slightly worrying that a dentist has to offer such low prices...but who knows, maybe he's trying to increase the customer base.
    I'd say a lot of people have stopped going to the dentist now, since the f**ksticks in the Government removed benefits.

slightly worrying that a dentist has to offer such low prices...but who knows, maybe he's trying to increase the customer base.
    I'd say a lot of people have stopped going to the dentist now, since the f**ksticks in the Government removed benefits.

Its true that it is a little worrying but how they can go wrong with an examination and polish. You're right in saying that numbers have dropped in dentist customers. I wouldnt pay over €100 to get my teeth done if it only takes a few minutes to do. Ridiculous pricing.

****sticks hahah thats a funny one.. Thats midnight would be really interested in seeing if tis worth it... Im just fininsed well nearly with the dentist great lady now especially if your nervous but man €500 - €550 for a root canal (had to get two) and €90 - €110 for the the fillings..Also got the polish done and that was €80 so this would be a bargin if tis good...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭regress

My guess with this one is you will be told you need extra work which could well be unnecessary. And that is where they will make the money. The cheap scale and polish is only to tempt people in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Are they in Hazelwood or Riverstown?
    If it's Hazelwood avoid them like the plague.

In Riverstown. :)

In Riverstown. :)

Happy days, Nice place.

Thats great to hear! :) I wont be meeting a crazy person in there so. :D

• Advertisement

Have you been then yet :)

Nope not yet, hoping before the end of this week. I'll leave feedback when i do. :)

Have my appointment booked for the 9th of March. Was waiting for a cancellation last week and i'm still waiting for one until then. Shall leave ye know then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

the deal is finished unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

the deal is finished unfortunately

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

Its about time they dropped their prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Both dentists themselves and the government are at fault here, a few years ago, dentists, as a body, refused to treat medical card and other social welfare clients, unless in an emergency, or for cash in full on the day [and let the patient claim off the social or what ever, instead of the Dentist's doing so on behalf of the patient].

Now, it's make little difference.

Last month I had and exam and two X-rays, €90, €10 for antibiotics and a week later another €90 for an extraction. When I cancelled another €90 filling, he offered to do it for free!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

54kroc wrote: »
    Are they in Hazelwood or Riverstown?
    If it's Hazelwood avoid them like the plague.

Why so with Hazelwood??

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Why so with Hazelwood??

I had a very bad experience with them a few years ago which ended up costing me a fair old bit of money at the time.

Advertisement