Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook: Parenting for the troubled teen

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

The fact that he done it so publicly is the crux of the matter in my opinion. It was designed to humiliate her. Yes, she publicly moaned about her parents but lets factor in that as a teenager you're going to be a bit immature in your actions. This man is the adult and should have dealt with it in a mature manner. If you feel her actions warrant her laptop being taken off her completely, fair enough but do your disciplining in private. Don't be a jackass and shot the laptop up like your Lucky Luke. It's idiotic in the extreme.

No argument about whether it should have been done privately. I don't consider it humiliating though. Maybe that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭barfizz

I actually think that this guy is a bit unstable.

You have a girl of 15 ranting on Facebook about how unfair her life is, it doesn't matter where you live or what sex you are, every 15 year old feels life is unfair and they blame their parents, that is just part of growing up and is quite normal.
    Was she stupid to post it on face book? Yes she was, but it is noting more than any of us said to our mates when were were that age. (we just didn't have Facebook).

Compare that to the fathers reaction, can you image if back then your father found out about one of your teenage rants and decided to call all your friends and their parents into a meeting where he told them how wonderful he was to fix your toys (computer) and how little you did around the house and to punish you he was going to destroy your favorite toy (in this case the computer). You as a friend or parent of a friend would think that guy was a nut and probably call social services?

No this guy is wrong he is reacting to a 15 year old's rant by acting like a spoilt child. Who is the parent / adult in this situation, I don't see one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

The reason the dad found the facebook message is because he logged onto the dogs account

Sorry what? Is the dog over 13 years old in accordance with Facebook's T&Cs? I'm not sure they factored in the human angle in them.

Seriously - this is everything that is wrong with the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Orion wrote: »
    Sorry what? Is the dog over 13 years old in accordance with Facebook's T&Cs? I'm not sure they factored in the human angle in them.

Seriously - this is everything that is wrong with the internet.

Yep, the dog has a facebook account, he was uploading dog pics when her post came up in the time line.

Caught hook, line and sinker. Americans!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

Caught hook, line and sinker. Americans!

Oh come'on, I could come up with all sorts of over-generalised, blatenly simplistic & completely insincere ways to stereotype the Irish, but I don't because it wouldn't be fair to the 99.9% of the Irish population. I would appreciate it if you would extend the same courtesy to Americans. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭SkySter

Advertisement