Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old Tellys

• 15-02-2012 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Do the old analogue tellys not work anymore?...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I disagree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Turn it off and on again. It might then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Don't know about you, but I dropped one hell of an anal log this morning :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Until October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Bankers, I knew it was them.

Even when it was the bears I knew it was them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

They all become useless in October. Yay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Until October.

Or forever with an STB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Analogue TV's will not work until Septober when they switch off the digital signal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Analogue TV's will not work until Septober when they switch off the digital signal.

Sausage sandwich I think, possibly liver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Do the old analogue tellys not work anymore?...

The company that makes them went into receivership

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

My Analogue TV has never worked. I leave Job page open in front of him, but he just ignores it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

Yes, old tellies work fine.

Analogue tvs (CRTs) will still work fine from September, provided they've a digital signal going into them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

They do if they are connected to a digital receiver (here's a good one).

But as Uncle Gaybo would say:

"It's time to go digital!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Analogue Switch Off (ASO) is when analogue television transmission in Ireland will be turned off. This will happen on October 24th 2012.

Like the rest of Europe, North America and many other countries, television broadcasting in Ireland is switching from analogue to digital transmission.

Digital television is a major step change in broadcasting that has many advantages over analogue for TV viewers. Digital TV can offer more channels, high definition (HD) pictures and sound, on-screen programme guides and new interactive services.

From a national economic perspective, digital transmission allows for far more efficient use of valuable radio spectrum. Moving to digital will free up radio spectrum for use by other important communications services such as broadband, mobile TV or other communications services. The Government has estimated that the Irish economy will benefit by up to €500 million over the next decade as a result of the switch to digital television. See press release.

The EU has mandated the end of 2012 as the final date for ASO in Europe, by which time Ireland needs to have launched a replacement digital transmission system to ensure all Irish audiences can continue to access free-to-air television.

Further questions/discussions of a technical nature can be done in Terrestrial forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement