Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rules on soccer jerseys

Options
  • 15-02-2012 2:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I cant see if this has been asked anywhere else but i'm just wondering what the rules are as to wearing a soccer jersey in the clubs.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Most clubs won't let any riff-raff in so they insist on Premiership teams only, no Championship or SPL jerseys for example. Definitely not any Airtricity carry-on. Also be sensible about it, tuck it in and make sure you have a players name printed on the back to show you're a man of refined taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 traleerobin

its for a hen party, half want to go as footballers the others as the wags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

lads in soccer jerseys, no problem

bunch of boozed up girls on a hen night, no chance...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Usually not a problem particularly when it's a "costume".
    Ring the places you intend to go to and ask, just in case.

I'm heading on a hen in march and were supposed to go "in costume" on one of the nights but the bridesmaids did lots of research and while koyote would allow hen nights in, she was advised that we would find it extremely difficult to get into any bars as a hen night full stop, let alone in "costume". So the idea of dressing up has been abandoned. And I have to say, thank god! I hate the tack of dressing up, and tbh, while the WAGS wouldn't mind too much as they could get dollied up as much as they want, I wouldn't particularly want to be one of the ones who get stuck in football gear on a night out on the town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

... while koyote would allow hen nights in, she was advised that we would find it extremely difficult to get into any bars as a hen night full stop, let alone in "costume".

Was it someone from Koyote who told her that?

AFAIK, most bars these days welcome whatever business they can get, includings hens and stags.

Back on topic: just be aware that if you turn up in any pub that I'm in wearing sports clothing ("costume" or otherwise), I will assume that that you are a kn****. Suspect I'm not the only one.

JustMary wrote: »
    Was it someone from Koyote who told her that?

AFAIK, most bars these days welcome whatever business they can get, includings hens and stags.

No, sorry, I should have been clearer on that. A few clubs/pubs that she contacted (trying to book a section) said we wouldn't be welcome and having spoken to a few Galwegians since, it seems that this is normal practice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Back on topic: just be aware that if you turn up in any pub that I'm in wearing sports clothing ("costume" or otherwise), I will assume that that you are a kn****. Suspect I'm not the only one.
    If you saw someone in Muslim attire would you assume they are a terrorist?

It's funny which stereotypes are acceptable and which aren't, isn't it?

I think most bars or clubs will not allow in "tacky" hen partys or any form of rowdy stag. 15 or 20 extra people coming in isn't much good if 30 people leave because of a hen or stag and plenty of people would leave. Also if a place gets a name for letting them in locals will most likely avoid the place in future.

A subtle hen party where people are just dressed up for a night out will get in the vast majority of places but when bouncers see people all dressed in costumes (or jerseys I would say) or see L plates etc they will turn the group away.

OP coyotes is about the only place you could be sure to get in I would say.

Advertisement