Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

all my friends are vampires

Options
  • 15-02-2012 4:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

the band is bright eyes
    song is all my friends are vampires
    its on an ad , really is a great song , great to hear something fresh and new sounding.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

The song is Devil Town.
    It really is a great song.
    It was fresh and new sounding.
    It was written by Daniel Johnston.
    It wasn't in an ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

This was on the same Daniel Johnson album as Devil Town and is reason enough to put it up:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

The song is Devil Town.
    It wasn't in an ad.

It is in an ad its how I heard it and decided to shazam it. I think the ad is for sky atlantic /im not sure though. Or maybe for some tv program.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

It's in the ad for the Vampire Season on Film Four, I think.

The song is Devil Town.
    It wasn't in an ad.

How without being the man in charge of selling the songs to advertising companies can you say its not in an ad? Thats like me saying bob dylan was never in a fiat punto . How would I know this .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭pug_

Is this the one you heard?

It's a pretty good cover all right. Here's the original if you're interested..

Daniel Johnston is one of those artists most people think is either a genius or talentless. Personally I think he's a bit hit and miss, but when he gets it right he's an artist who can express deep emotion with almost childlike simplicity and displays occasional signs of genius.

There's an interesting documentary about him called "The devil and Daniel Johnston" that's well worth a look. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436231/

cloptrop wrote: »
    It is in an ad its how I heard it and decided to shazam it. I think the ad is for sky atlantic /im not sure though. Or maybe for some tv program.
    How without being the man in charge of selling the songs to advertising companies can you say its not in an ad? Thats like me saying bob dylan was never in a fiat punto . How would I know this .

I meant the Daniel Johnston version wasn't in an ad.

But yeah, other than that I was being a bit snotty in my earlier post and I apologise for that. It's the same as me complaining because someone mentions hearing the Therapy? version of Isolation or the Jeff Buckley version of Hallelujah (i.e. pedantic and pointless). I need to remember that people come to music for all kinds of different angles. Apologies again.

Do check out Daniel Johnston if you get a chance, especially the documentary mentioned above, he's brilliant.

Dont let it get you down dude . The fella who wrote it still gets his 40 percent of the takings . He doesnt care who sings it .
    I think jeff buckleys hallejulah was a great cover , I had however never heard this song before so forgive me if I said the version I heard was by a band who didnt write the song .
    This is a slipery slope you are on however , who wrote all of Elvis' songs.
    Do I have to say jailhouse rock is a lieber/stoller song now?

cloptrop wrote: »
    I think jeff buckleys hallejulah was a great cover

I agree.
    This is a slipery slope you are on however , who wrote all of Elvis' songs.
    Do I have to say jailhouse rock is a lieber/stoller song now?

Yep, that's a good point.

Is this cover a recent thing or has it been around along time?
    Whyd I never hear this song before?

• Advertisement
Advertisement