Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai in Larchfield

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

cocoshovel wrote: »
    It looks like a bit of a rough area to someone from the outside (I think the handball alley creates this). But from my experience of it for 20 years now its fine. Unless the little larchfield court area is comepletely different, but some how I doubt it :pac:

Handball is a sport, are you sure it wasn't the hurling pitch or the soccer pitch ?

HANDBALL: ALL EYES ON DUCKSY

Having last competed in an All-Ireland final in 2002, Michael ‘Ducksy’ Walsh could make the breakthrough once again this weekend, when he takes on Wicklow’s Michael Gregan in the M DONNELLY Senior Singles Semi-final at Garryhill.
    The Kilkenny handball legend claimed 13 consecutive All-Ireland senior titles between 1985 and 1997, and went on to take three further titles from 1999-2001. After losing out to Dublin’s Eoin Kennedy in the 2002 final, most people in the handball world sensed it was the end of dominance for the man they call ‘Ducksy’. Five years on, the Kilkenny handballer has put his name back into contention for top honours.
    On Saturday next, he faces Wicklow’s Michael Gregan who upset the handball script when he defeated last year’s finalist, Meath’s Tom Sheridan in their quarter-final meeting.
    Gregan looks promising and is one of the fittest players in the game, but Walsh is focused on getting back to the top and it will be difficult for the young Coolboy player to overcome that drive and determination.
    In the second semi-final, defending champion, Dublin’s Eoin Kennedy takes on Mayo’s Dessie Keegan. The last time these players met was in 2005, and the game proved to be a real test for Kennedy. Both players had convincing wins in their quarter-final clashes and were also in action in the doubles championship last weekend.
    Kennedy and his doubles partner, Egin Jensen, are also going well at the moment as they bid to claim their third title in a row. Last weekend, they recorded an impressive victory over Tipperary’s David Moloney and Noel Murphy.
    Kennedy has also claimed singles honours for the past four years running, but this year could prove his toughest championship yet. Keegan will be the clear under-dog going into the weekend’s battle, but heated warfare is expected between the talented pair.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

I used to live there for 7 years or so and found it a lovely place to live.

And since the thread has gone weird...
    Einhard wrote: »
    ...Everytime I leave my house I get mugged. All my friends have been beaten up in the past week, and three have been murdered in their beds. Their own beds! Shocking altogether!...

Luxury!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Silverscott

Spent 33yrs living near centra shop.
    Would always say it is a good part of the town to live in.
    Never has anything major happened there other than this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mary1990

bassy wrote: »
    i know 2 of them 3 men and it does,nt surprise me one bit.
    which of them did u know

which of the men did u know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Go on Mary, ask him one more time and he's sure to crack!

catbear wrote: »
    Go on Mary, ask him one more time and he's sure to crack!
    U trying 2 b funny ? i knew kieran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Mary, this is the internet, it's impossible to know posters relationships until they state them. Yes I was attempting humour because of your double posting and nothing else.
    Seeing as you're so new to Boards and you might not be familiar with internet forums I suggest that if you really want information from another poster you're probably better sending them a personal message if the matter is of personal importance to you.
    Also read the posting guidelines if someone has said stated any false information about anyone but do not confuse it with personal opinion. Someone may say "I never trusted that person", that's not slander, it's a personal opinion and thankfully we have the freedom to express ourselves without persecution.
    Finally welcome to Kilkenny boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 suzziem2012

how dare u say you knew 2 of the 3 men and it doesnt surprise u that was my brother who died and for anyone else that replied negatively bou my brother get a life he didnt deserve to die he was a human being and to cat bear if u think your being funny let me tel u you werent . none of u will have any luck for mocking the dead . my family have bein true enuf witou havein to go on a social network site to see people who didnt even know my brother talk negative abou him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

No one is being negative your taking it up wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 suzziem2012

Mabe I did

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rochelle

how dare u say you knew 2 of the 3 men and it doesnt surprise u that was my brother who died and for anyone else that replied negatively bou my brother get a life he didnt deserve to die he was a human being and to cat bear if u think your being funny let me tel u you werent . none of u will have any luck for mocking the dead . my family have bein true enuf witou havein to go on a social network site to see people who didnt even know my brother talk negative abou him

My head hurts...

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Rantan

wha de????

Advertisement