Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iran behind attacks on Israeli diplomats

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

fedor.2. wrote: »
    I think we all agree that Iran needs to be taught a lesson once and for all

No actually, we don't all agree. :rolleyes:
    Zebra3 wrote: »
    Congrats on starting a thread with a nice catchy title that you can't back up with facts. :rolleyes:

It's a stupid poster who states in a thread title "Iran behind attacks on Israeli diplomats". If I'd been typing that, I would have written "Iran behind attacks on Israeli diplomats?" unless of course I had bundles of written proof to back up my allegations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

It's a stupid poster who states in a thread title "Iran behind attacks on Israeli diplomats". If I'd been typing that, I would have written "Iran behind attacks on Israeli diplomats?" unless of course I had bundles of written proof to back up my allegations.

In fairness, many people have linked Israel to the attcks on Iranian scientists without a similar burden of proof and they are seldom ever called on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Batsy

Einhard wrote: »
    There was never a sovereign state known as east Timor either. Should the world have used that rather inane and irrelevant fact to deny them freedom from an Indonesia which had a history of brutal oppression there?

Indeed, there was never a sovereign state known as Ireland until we won our independence. If only someone had told the Brits- they would have had an entirely legitimate reason not to negotiate or compromise!

Those are different cases entirely.

No "Palestinians" were shouting for an independent Palestinian state before the third Israel came along. "Palestinians" were never bothered about having an independent Palestinian state before. But now that the vile, nasty, baby-eating Jews have got their own Jewish state in an area that the Muslims, for some reason, think should be a Muslim state, the "Palestinians" have started banging on about the "evils" perpetrated against the "Palestinian people" (when the Palestinian people don't actually exist due to their ancestors coming mainly from other Middle Eastern states nearby) and calling for fellow Palestinians to overthrow the "occupying Israelis" when, in fact, Palestine is NOT occupied by Israel because there has never been a sovereign state of Palestine.

Rather than Israel occupying what was once a sovereign state, Israel merely declared independence from the British Mandate for Palestine, which was not a sovereign state because it was previously part of Syria.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Linked Article in OP

Two men fled the scene while the third, wounded and disorientated from the blast, attempted to hail down a taxi before throwing a grenade at the car and then again at police.

The assailant, an Iranian national identified as Saied Moradi, missed his target, however, and the bomb detonated in front of him, blowing off one leg and requiring the amputation of the other.

Fucking lol!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Batsy wrote: »

No "Palestinians" were shouting for an independent Palestinian state before the third Israel came along. "Palestinians" were never bothered about having an independent Palestinian state before. But now that the vile, nasty, baby-eating Jews have got their own Jewish state in an area that the Muslims, for some reason, think should be a Muslim state, the "Palestinians" have started banging on about the "evils" perpetrated against the "Palestinian people" (when the Palestinian people don't actually exist due to their ancestors coming mainly from other Middle Eastern states nearby) and calling for fellow Palestinians to overthrow the "occupying Israelis" when, in fact, Palestine is NOT occupied by Israel because there has never been a sovereign state of Palestine.

Rather than Israel occupying what was once a sovereign state, Israel merely declared independence from the British Mandate for Palestine, which was not a sovereign state because it was previously part of Syria.

Here Batsy, you deserve a break man, you don't have to be an idiotic moron every day of your life you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

No "Palestinians" were shouting for an independent Palestinian state before the third Israel came along. "Palestinians" were never bothered about having an independent Palestinian state before. But now that the vile, nasty, baby-eating Jews have got their own Jewish state in an area that the Muslims, for some reason, think should be a Muslim state, the "Palestinians" have started banging on about the "evils" perpetrated against the "Palestinian people" (when the Palestinian people don't actually exist due to their ancestors coming mainly from other Middle Eastern states nearby) and calling for fellow Palestinians to overthrow the "occupying Israelis" when, in fact, Palestine is NOT occupied by Israel because there has never been a sovereign state of Palestine. Rather than Israel occupying what was once a sovereign state, Israel merely declared independence from the British Mandate for Palestine, which was not a sovereign state.

Oh hey, it's republican presidential primary candidate and human pillsbury doughboy, Newt Gingrich!

Good to know that level of disconnect from reality has been exported and embraced as part of the 'special relationship'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Well it looks like the war is all but started..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

No there not. There perfectly valid examples.
    No "Palestinians" were shouting for an independent Palestinian state before the third Israel came along.

Nationalism is recent thing...... Also, Zionism didn't come into existence until the late 1800's. I fail to see the Palestinian nationalism getting a later start, make it any less valid than Zionism.
    "Palestinians" were never bothered about having an independent Palestinian state before. But now that the vile, nasty, baby-eating Jews have got their own Jewish state in an area that the Muslims, for some reason, think should be a Muslim state, the "Palestinians" have started banging on about the "evils" perpetrated against the "Palestinian people" (when the Palestinian people don't actually exist due to their ancestors coming mainly from other Middle Eastern states nearby) and calling for fellow Palestinians to overthrow the "occupying Israelis" when, in fact, Palestine is NOT occupied by Israel because there has never been a sovereign state of Palestine.

Yes, they are being occupied according to international law. The previous existence of Palestinian state is neither here nor there. The rights of the people living there can't just be ignored, due to some nonsensical excuse that you came up with.

Also, I have clearly shown that Palestinians have lived there via genetic evidence, and you have yet to refute that evidence, or even acknowledge it.
    Rather than Israel occupying what was once a sovereign state, Israel merely declared independence from the British Mandate for Palestine, which was not a sovereign state and was once part of Syria.

The Palestinian mandate and Jordan were actually one mandate, but this was changed later by the British (again you show you haven't a clue). They were both a part of the Ottoman empire before that, where Palestine was a seperate province, and before that the Romans ruled it and so on. Lots of different people ran the place.

Either way I fail to see why it matters. The Palestinians are according to international law being occupied. As such the Israelis should get to there own side of the border, and stopping stealing someone elses land. I fail to see how the history changes the present day facts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

wes wrote: »
    No there not.

Nationalism is recent thing...... Also, Zionism didn't come into existence until the late 1800's. I fail to see the Palestinian nationalism getting a later start, make it any less valid than Zionism.

Yes, they are being occupied according to international law. The previous existence of Palestinian state is neither here nor there. The rights of the people living there can't just be ignored, due to some nonsensical excuse that you come up with.

Also, I have clearly shown that Palestinians have lived there via genetic evidence, and you have yet to refute that evidence, or even acknowledge it.

The Palestinian mandate and Jordan were actually one mandate, but this was changed later by the British (again you show you haven't a clue). They were both a part of the Ottoman empire before that, where Palestine was a seperate province, and before that the Romans ruled it and so on. Lots of different people ran the place.

Wasting your time wes, Batsy doesn't do logic or reason, he's too busy with his nose buried in the daily mail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

karma_ wrote: »
    Here Batsy, you deserve a break man, you don't have to be an idiotic moron every day of your life you know.

Banned

karma_ wrote: »
    Wasting your time wes, Batsy doesn't do logic or reason, he's too busy with his nose buried in the daily mail.

I don't think even the DM would spread the odious lies he's telling in here.. though admittedly I never looked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

It is the JEWS who have been living in the area where Israel is for thousands of years, not the Palestinians, not the Muslims.

It was the Jews who founded Jerusalem thousands of years before Islam was even founded. Not only that, but the ancestors of the Palestinians only arrived in the area a couple of hundred years ago.

Always one.

You'll find that "muslim" is a religion, not an ethnicity.

Were you to bother researching the subject at all, you'd find that claims of who was there first are rather meaningless, as both sides are interrelated with a common origin in the area.
    Why should we give one square inch of the Holy Land to these stinking frauds?.

Racist claptrap and selectively quoted nonsense. There are calls for an independent Palestine from the early 1900's.

I don't care what you say. There has never been a sovereign state known as Palestine. .

Or the USA. Or Australia. Or South Africa. Or anywhere, until somebody declared it. Good luck with that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

The assailant, an Iranian national identified as Saied Moradi, missed his target, however, and the bomb detonated in front of him, blowing off one leg and requiring the amputation of the other.

I honestly would have loved to seen a video of this, I say it'd be hilarious.

On another note, isn't it suspected that either Mossad or the CIA planted assassinated Iranian nuclear scientists ... if that were true, Israel would be getting what's coming to it.

I honestly would have loved to seen a video of this, I say it'd be hilarious.

On another note, isn't it suspected that either Mossad or the CIA planted assassinated Iranian nuclear scientists ... if that were true, Israel would be getting what's coming to it.

War is hell as they say. it's not Iran starting this ****.

Love this....

Network of terror? Laughable really, especially when you consider all the Iranian scientists Mossad have been blowing up. It was only a matter of time that the favour would be returned. Assuming it is the Iranians of course.

And assuming it was Israel's Mossad who blow up the nuclear scientists, of course.

• Advertisement

My nosey self I had to find out what your reaction was to the killing of the Iranian scientist. what do you know!

not a bloody peep.

hypocrisy rules the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    The zionazi terrorists can't really expect to murder scientists in Iran without someone hitting back at them.:):):)
    :rolleyes:
    Here we go again. Go Israel. Fcuk the Iranian bully boys (and their ilk).

RichieC wrote: »
    War is hell as they say. it's not Iran starting this ****.

True. I think that the Iranian regime needs to be toppled though. I have an Iranian friend who is convinced that they are trying to build an atomic weapon, because they're crazy bastards (his words) ... and he obviously knows more about the regime than I do. I don't believe in a war though, I think that the CIA/Mossad should instead help ignite or fund some sort of revolution in Iran, like in Libya and Egypt.

Freddie59 wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    Here we go again. Go Israel. Fcuk the Iranian bully boys (and their ilk).

Another well thought out and mature post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

The surnames of the Palestinians reflect that their ancestors only moved to the area from elsewhere only relatively recently.

And a lot of jews who invaded Palestine during the early and mid 20th century changed their names from their Russian and Polish family names to jewish names. A lot of those people were Europeans whose ancestors had converted to judaism and who had no connection with Palestine whatsoever.

A perfect example of this is the current Israeli PM and chief war crimes apologist Benjamin Netanyahu. Mileikowsky is his family's original surname.

• Advertisement

True. I think that the Iranian regime needs to be toppled though. I have an Iranian friend who is convinced that they are trying to build an atomic weapon, because they're crazy bastards (his words) ... and he obviously knows more about the regime than I do. I don't believe in a war though, I think that the CIA/Mossad should instead help ignite or fund some sort of revolution in Iran, like in Libya and Egypt.

Yeah, the CIA should help overthrow the Iranian government.

The last time they done that it was unqualified success. :rolleyes:

Yeah, the CIA should help overthrow the Iranian government.

The last time they done that it was unqualified success. :rolleyes:

Whoever does it (:rolleyes:) I just think they should be overthrow. It's just horrible what happens inside their borders.

When the CIA overthrow the elected Iranian regime, it was replaced with a dictatorship and it was in the backdrop of the Cold War, so the US didn't care what regime would be installed as long as they were pro-US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Einhard wrote: »
    In fairness, many people have linked Israel to the attcks on Iranian scientists without a similar burden of proof and they are seldom ever called on it.

If I'd read those posts I'd have called them on it, but I didn't. This was an OP though which makes a difference in my mind at any rate.

On what does your friend base his conviction?

It's a bit like me saying I have a friend who is convinced that FG are trying to take over the world and he obviously knows more than I do about it because he works in the bar in Leinster House.

It's a bit like me saying I have a friend who is convinced that FG are trying to take over the world and he obviously knows more than I do about it because he works in the bar in Leinster House.

No, because he has first hand experience of what the regime is like and he probably reads more into the current affairs of Iran than I do, because he's from there. Iran wants nuclear weapons as a bargaining tool to help keep the regime alive, similar to the regime in the DPRK.

No, because he has first hand experience of what the regime is like and he probably reads more into the current affairs of Iran than I do, because he's from there. Iran wants nuclear weapons as a bargaining tool to help keep the regime alive, similar to the regime in the DPRK.

Iran wants nuclear weapons for the same reason everyone else does.

Military might.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Anytime I hear people casually swap words like Government for 'Regime' I am immediately suspicious. Given the neighbourhood they are in, Iran seeking nuclear weapons for defensive purposes does not seem unreasonable. Most of their neighbours have either been invaded or attacked by either Israel or the West on Israel's behalf.

Morlar wrote: »
    Anytime I hear people casually swap words like Government for 'Regime' I am immediately suspicious. Given the neighbourhood they are in, Iran seeking nuclear weapons for defensive purposes does not seem unreasonable. Most of their neighbours have either been invaded or attacked by either Israel or the West on Israel's behalf.

Indeed.

It's not that long ago that Iran was attacked by Iraq with the full backing of the West.

Reagan and Thatcher egged on Saddam as his forces gassed Iranian military forces and civilians at will (as well as Kurdish civilians living in Iraq).

No complaints from the moral highground holding jewish state about civilians being gassed to death :rolleyes: or about the fact that Germany (yes Germany!) supplied the gas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

The surnames of the Palestinians reflect that their ancestors only moved to the area from elsewhere only relatively recently. Palestinian surnames are the places where their ancestors came from:

"Khamis"= from Bahrain "Salem Hanna Khamis"
    "al-ubayyidi" or "al-Obeidi"= from sudan "al-ubayyid"
    "al-Faruqi"= Mosul iraq
    "al-Araj" = Morocco,a member of the Saadi Dynasty "Hussein al-Araj"
    "al-Lubnani" =the lebanese
    "al-Mughrabi" = the Moroccan ("Maghreb" – meaning "West" in Arabic, and usually referring to North Africa or specifically to Morocco) ,"Dalal Mughrabi"
    "al-Djazair"=the Algerian
    "al-Qurashi"=saudi arabia "clan of Quraish"
    "al-azd" =yemen "Azd tribe"
    "al-Yamani"= the Yemeni "Issam Al Yamani"
    "al-Afghani" = the Afghan
    "Al-Sidawi" = from "Sidon" lebanon
    "Al-fayyumi" = from "Faiyum" egypt
    "al-Hijazi" or "Hijazi" = present-day saudi arabia "Ahlam Higazi, a "Palestinian" artist from Hebron"
    "al-Hindi" =the Indian "Amin al-Hindi"
    "al-Tamimi" or "Tamimi" = from the tribe or clan of Banu-Tamim "Azzam Tamimi"
    "Hamati" = from syria ( HAMA city)
    "Omayya" = from saudi arabia "Banu Omayya tribe" "Omayya Joha" "palestinian artist" "
    "Othman" = turkey
    "murad" =yemen "murad tribe"
    "Alawi" = from syria (minority religious group in syria)
    "Iraqi" =from Iraq.
    "halabi" =from aleppo syria
    "Dajani"= from saudi arabia
    "Mattar" = from YEMEN (the village of BANI Mattar)
    "al-baghdadi"= from bagdad iraq.
    "Tarabulsi"= Tarabulus-Tripoli, Lebanon.
    "Hourani" =Houran Syria.
    "Zubeidi"= from iraq "Zubeidi tribe" "Zakaria Zubeidi"
    "al-Husayni" =saudi arabia.
    "Saudi" =Saudi Arabia.
    "Metzarwah"=egypt.
    "Barda­­­­­­­­­­­wil" ="salah bardawil" HAMAS legislator in gaza,egypt "bardawil lake" area
    "nashashibi"= syria.
    "Bushnak" =bosnia
    "zoabi"= from iraq "Haneen Zoabi".
    "Turki" =turkey "Daud Turki"
    "al-Kurd" = kurdistan.
    "Haddadins" = YEMEN descended from Ghassanid Christian Arabs.
    "Arab Abu-Kishk" = Egypt.(Bedouins)
    "Arab al shakirat" = Egypt (Bedouins)
    "Arab al zabidat" = Egypt (Bedouins)
    "Arab al aramsha" = Egypt (Bedouins)

Could you provide a link to this as these would not be common Palestinian names if they exist at all in the region.

Oh, and attacks in diplomats and scientists should be condemned.

Nodin wrote: »
    Another well thought out and mature post.

Ah Nod. Nothing better than that to offer? You disappoint me.:D Just a realistic post. They are scumbags of the highest order, and cowards into the bargain. When they do develop a bomb it will be given to some terrorist to deliver. And they'll deny it. Wonderful bunch of lads. And some people try to defend them. Lovely.

Military might.

And to dethrone the 'infidels'.....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Ah Nod. Nothing better than that to offer? You disappoint me.:D Just a realistic post. They are scumbags of the highest order, and cowards into the bargain. When they do develop a bomb it will be given to some terrorist to deliver. And they'll deny it. Wonderful bunch of lads. And some people try to defend them. Lovely.

How could they possibly deny a nuclear weapon handoff to terrorists should they decide to take should a wreakless course of action? Do you have any clue at all?

How could they possibly deny a nuclear weapon handoff to terrorists should they decide to take should a wreakless course of action? Do you have any clue at all?
    Obviously more than you do Richie. Have you learned nothing from history? Are you REALLY that naive?

These are scumbag terrorists who have seized control of a country, in much the same vein as Hitler did. There is no difference, except for the fact that they used religion as a vehicle to do so.

These are scumbag terrorists who have seized control of a country, in much the same vein as Hitler did. There is no difference, except for the fact that they used religion as a vehicle to do so.

Sorry, which middle eastern country are we talking about now ?

Obviously more than you do Richie. Have you learned nothing from history? Are you REALLY that naive?

Comparisons of Iran to Hitler are as ridiculous as Israel to Hitler.

You want to talk about Naive? how about believing everything you're told by a country that only last decade lied us into a war on similar accusations?

Oh no.. this time they're telling the truth! sure they're muslims in that country!11

...taking that the "scumbags" and cowards remark as true, for the sake of argument, how would you label Israel for doing the same thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I'm sympathetic to the people of Israel and think they deserve to live in peace and without fear.

OTOH I consider the treatment of Palestinians by the state of Israel as abhorrent and its aggressive posturing towards its neighbours has gone too far.

Am I the only person who thinks that Iranian nuclear capability will stabilise the middle east?

Am I the only person who thinks that Iranian nuclear capability will stabilise the middle east?

You're certainly not.

Stability is not IMO what the US want at all. nor the zionist government of Israel.

Military might.

I would say defence more than military aspiration.
    You're certainly not.

Stability is not IMO what the US want at all. nor the zionist government of Israel.

Now I can thank it. ;)

I'm sympathetic to the people of Israel and think they deserve to live in peace and without fear.

OTOH I consider the treatment of Palestinians by the state of Israel as abhorrent and its aggressive posturing towards its neighbours has gone too far.

Israelis keep on electing right-wing extemists who continued their war on the Palestinian people. They don't want to live in peace.

And why do they deserve to live in peace? They've stolen somebody else's country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭jonsnow

Scientists and diplomats should not be murdered by foreign agents but I have to say that one side started this and it wasn,t the Iranians. Blowback at some point was inevitable.Be honest what country in the world with the capability to retaliate wouldn,t have after so many high level murders and not to mention the completely innocent people that were injured in the attacks.

To paraphrase Bomber Harris "The Israelis were under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them".

jonsnow wrote: »
    Scientists and diplomats should not be murdered by foreign agents but I have to say that one side started this and it wasn,t the Iranians. Blowback at some point was inevitable.Be honest what country in the world with the capability to retaliate wouldn,t have after so many high level murders and not to mention the completely innocent people that were injured in the attacks.

To paraphrase Bomber Harris "The Israelis were under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them".

They have the retard strength of the US on their side...

Israelis keep on electing right-wing extemists who continued their war on the Palestinian people. They don't want to live in peace.

Democratic systems are not perfect. Look at some of the dickheads that get voted in here - are we all to blame? There is a context too which is a long story I couldn't be bothered getting into.
    And why do they deserve to live in peace?

Everyone deserves to live in peace.
    They've stolen somebody else's country.

You could say that about millions of people all over the world. The Israelis are there and that is a fact the world has to work with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

My nosey self I had to find out what your reaction was to the killing of the Iranian scientist. what do you know!

not a bloody peep.

hypocrisy rules the day.

Those scientists were helping create wmds for a state that has called for the annihilation of a democratic country, they got was was coming to them.

Those scientists were helping create wmds for a state that was called for the annihilation of a democratic country, they got was was coming to them.

FAIL.

That's not true.

Those scientists were helping create wmds for a state that was called for the annihilation of a democratic country, they got was was coming to them.

'Those diplomats were helping create PR for a state that is working for the effective destruction of the Palestinian people, they got was was coming to them'

See how that one works?

• Advertisement

Democratic systems are not perfect. Look at some of the dickheads that get voted in here - are we all to blame? There is a context too which is a long story I couldn't be bothered getting into.

It's not that long a story. Ethnic cleansing and illegal occupation sums it up.

Everyone deserves to live in peace.

Yep, and the Israelis have chosen not to.

Comparisons of Iran to Hitler are as ridiculous as Israel to Hitler.

You want to talk about Naive? how about believing everything you're told by a country that only last decade lied us into a war on similar accusations?

Oh no.. this time they're telling the truth! sure they're muslims in that country!11

Ah, did I touch a widdle nerve there Richie?:) The truth is indeed bitter. Hitler+appeasement didn't work. It never can with bully boys like him and Ahmedinejad. It IS very naive to think that the Iranians will not, at some stage, pass on this technology to their terrorist brethren.

Iran's almost a mirror image of Nazi Germany, except they haven't burnt the books yet. And they don't have the Jews as fall guys (but they're trying very hard). But give them time. I'm sure a few lads in the 30s thought Hitler was a grand chap too. Wasn't it the UK Foreign Secretary that gave the Hitler salute whilst in Berlin at one stage. look how that worked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Israel is already an Atomic power, soon Iran also will be, yikes.

Apart from Turkey and Greece, and the old Yugoslavia, which were wars but not major ones relative to what Europe experienced before. There has been peace in Europe for 65 years, Europe has not seen such peace since Pax Romana. There are lots of reasons given for this, democracy, would be my favourite. Someone suggested another reason is ze Bomb. So should we give the nuclear missile the nobel peace prize.

Who knows, perhaps atomic weapons would galvanise the middle east to finally enter into a state of peace. Europe did it, which up to WW2 had to be the most war friendly place on Earth.

Nah i still don't want Iran to get the bomb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Maybe these lads were behind the attacks in Iran, definitely had some involvement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People%27s_Mujahedin_of_Iran

The PMOI is based on Islamic and Socialist ideology the group advocates overthrowing the Iranian government and installing its own leadership.5 The PMOI was founded in 1965 and was originally devoted to armed struggle against the Shah of Iran, capitalism and western imperialism. The PMOI fought alongside supporters of Ayatollah Khomeini to overthrow the Shah during the Iranian Revolution. Post revolution the PMOI failed to gain power, they then started an armed struggle against the Iranian government. The PMOI have mounted several operations and terrorist attacks athe Iranian government10 including a bombing campaign in 1981 "against the head oof the Islamic Republic Party and the Prime Minister's office, which killed some 70 high-ranking Iranian officials,

http://www.unhcr.org/refworld/country,,CORI,,IRN,,4ac9c2c52,0.html

Iran's almost a mirror image of Nazi Germany, except they haven't burnt the books yet. And they don't have the Jews as fall guys (but they're trying very hard). But give them time. I'm sure a few lads in the 30s thought Hitler was a grand chap too. Wasn't it the UK Foreign Secretary that gave the Hitler salute whilst in Berlin at one stage. look how that worked out.

What absolute nonsense.

• Advertisement
Advertisement