Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How will this work?

• 15-02-2012 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Can we have

1. Episode thread (have not read the books)
    2. Episode thread (have read the books)
    3. Future speculation (have not read the books)
    4. Future musings (have read the books)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

probably a good idea to start every thread title with either [BOOKS] or [TV]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Des wrote: »
    Can we have

1. Episode thread (have not read the books)
    2. Episode thread (have read the books)

3. Future speculation (have not read the books)
    4. Future musings (have read the books)

I think those 2 are a great idea.

Possibly even have a spoiler tag in there on the read the books thread because people are nosey and will come into see what it's about then BANG, massive spoiler :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

nicklauski wrote: »
    I think those 2 are a great idea.

Possibly even have a spoiler tag in there on the read the books thread because people are nosey and will come into see what it's about then BANG, massive spoiler :)

There'd be little point in differentiating between 'have read the books' and 'haven't read the books' threads if SPOILER tags are used too.
    I say "Tough Titty" to anyone getting spoiled by reading a thread that clearly states in the title that it contains spoilers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

^ I agree.

Delighted we finally have this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

id say once a section of the book has been done in the show it shouldnt matter if theres spoilers as its happened in both the book and series,

ther no way to avoid talk of the books in here and anyone watching the series but has not read the book will just have to understand that really, i havent read the books yet, but i expect to be hearing small comparisons here,

now if the series deviates massively from the book i think fair warning should be given,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Well due to the funny timeline in the books I read that over the coming seasons they may swap a few bits around like instead of devoting a season to each book it might be a book and a bit. Or that it might be leave a bit out of one book and come back to it later. Dunno if this will be the case for season 2 as I think the 2nd book had a normal timeline IIRC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

From what I've heard, some bits of book 2 may be pushed back to season 3, and some bits of book 3 may be pushed up to season 2. There are lots of parallel plotlines with characters spread all over the map, so the relative time for each strand of the story can be a bit fuzzy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I think Des' idea is the best. 4 separate threads with easy to follow guidelines. No harm in it and makes it ultra safe for those who have not read the books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Might be an idea to get a thread tagging system.

One for HAVE READ and one for HAVEN'T READ.

That way you can tag the threads up when they are being created and people will notcie the colour coding easier?

Advertisement