Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for Dublin this weekend

Options
  • 15-02-2012 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi, we are in Dublin for a concert this Friday night and are looking for some pub and restaurant recommendations please.

1. Casual restaurant for before the concert, we were thinking Gotham Cafe or somewhere like that?

2. Busy pub with atmosphere on a Friday night after the concert.other than the Temple Bar area.

3. Nice restaurant for Saturday night, not Michelin ones, want good size portions and great service.

4. Good pubs for Saturday night

Thanks a mill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Kalinda wrote: »
    Hi, we are in Dublin for a concert this Friday night and are looking for some pub and restaurant recommendations please.

1. Casual restaurant for before the concert, we were thinking Gotham Cafe or somewhere like that?

I really like Elephant and Castle for wings & burgers if you can get a table!

2. Busy pub with atmosphere on a Friday night after the concert.other than the Temple Bar area.

Stag's Head - always a great spot.

3. Nice restaurant for Saturday night, not Michelin ones, want good size portions and great service.

Pichet
    , La Mere Zou, La Maison, L'gueuleton, Pearl Brasserie

4. Good pubs for Saturday night

You looking for pub pub or a music pub?

Thanks a mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Kalinda

Just a pub with lots of people and not too loud if that's possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Kalinda

Was thinking about Diep le Shaker. Any views on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Kalinda wrote: »
    Was thinking about Diep le Shaker. Any views on that?

Not really my kind of thing tbh. If I was to go somewhere for an Asian flavour, I’d head over to Parnell/Capel st. Kimchi/Hophouse or Mandarin House instead!

Re: Pub, Anywhere around Dame St or South William St is usually worth a go. Have a mooch around and see what takes your fancy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement