Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haggis needed!

Options
  • 15-02-2012 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi folks,

I'm trying to find somewhere in Dublin that sells haggis. Previous posts point to M&S but a visit yesterday to their Dundrum store revealed that they only carry it for short promotional periods - with now not being one of them.

So, if anyone knows of somewhere else (preferably in the Dublin/Wicklow area) that sells haggis, now is your time to shine!

Thanks,
    Calps

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Any good butcher (not a supermarket butcher) will be able to order in some haggis for you if you ask them, it could a take a few days however.

Also maybe try some of the online butchers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 calps

Thanks guys.

I think I'm the architect if my downfall here. I need it for dinner tonight, but only started my search yesterday.

@Melendez -appreciate the idea, but after going through all that, I don't think I could eat it! :)

Think I'll have to resort to black pudding instead...

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭elWizard

Give Fallon & Byrne (in Exchequer St) a buzz.
    01 4721010.
    I think I've seen haggis advertised on their blackboards, and they've a pretty deadly butcher's counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 calps

Great call elWizard, they've got a great selection of stuff there alright.

Gave them a call and unfortunately they don't have any at the moment but they can get it, so at least I know where my future supplies are coming from!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

A little too late now but for future reference, M&S always seems to have haggis in stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

CodeMonkey wrote: »
    A little too late now but for future reference, M&S always seems to have haggis in stock.

Did you even bother to read the OP...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

They did have it in M&S in Jervis the other day though.

Advertisement