Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammer in action

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Barrel elevation doesnt suggest spg , some sort of TD ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Destroyed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I spent a while checking images to figure it out, and only then I did I cop that it says what it's from on the video title.

it's from one of these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2S1_Gvozdika

Edit: and then destroyed posted while I was checking....

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Destroyed

Sorry dude :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

It was obviously an SPG due to a charge being loaded behind the round into the chamber.

TD's and Tanks all use cartridges.

In fact, I thought most modern artillery used cartridges too, but I suppose being able to separately load the charge helps to extend / reduce the range so the rounds trajectory can be customised depending on the nature of the target.

i.e a relatively near target requiring a high angle of attack can be hit using a smaller charge and higher trajectory etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mercenary2

It was obviously an SPG due to a charge being loaded behind the round into the chamber.

In fact, I thought most modern artillery used cartridges too, but I suppose being able to separately load the charge helps to extend / reduce the range so the rounds trajectory can be customised depending on the nature of the target.

i.e a relatively near target requiring a high angle of attack can be hit using a smaller charge and higher trajectory etc

its a td this one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

mercenary2 wrote: »
    its a td this one

The 2S1 Gvozdika, (Russian: 2С1 «Гвоздика», 'Carnation'); is a Soviet 122-mm self-propelled howitzer that

There really is no such thing as a 'Tank Destroyer' these days. That's what MBT's are used for.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Russian tanks might have an argument against that, as would some of the British and US heavies.

anti125he.jpg

British tanks certainly would.

5844747792_5cfa5c096a_o.jpg

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

the armericans have a bit more room.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=345_1329779495

Advertisement