Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection to Eircom/Broadband

Options
  • 15-02-2012 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Just in the process of a new build now and have most of services sussed at this stage. The only thing left to sort is the phone/broadband side of things.

Just wondering how much it costs to connect to eircom for both phone and broad band based in rural Cork area if anyone know and how long connection times take on average??

Regards

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Free connection if you sign up to a 6 month contract for a line only. It is minimum 12 month for a BB contract but you may still avail of the free install.

I take it you ran a cable to road and there is a pole nearby.

Pretty quick if no poles are needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭doniepony

Yes running wires to the road is part of the contract with builder but is not done yet-will definitely need 1 pole anyway at least.

How much are they charging per pole if I need one or can I run it underground?

600 per pole but then cannot charge unless the whole job is over 7k.

best thing is run hydrodaire pipe from house to road underground with a string in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

doniepony wrote: »
    Just in the process of a new build now and have most of services sussed at this stage. The only thing left to sort is the phone/broadband side of things.

Just wondering how much it costs to connect to eircom for both phone and broad band based in rural Cork area if anyone know and how long connection times take on average??

Regards

Hi doniepony,

I PM you earler today. Just to clarify the minimum term contract is 12 months with eircom for a landline.

Thanks, Mark

Just to clarify the minimum term contract is 12 months with eircom for a landline.
    Not if it is a NEW line Mark, it is a 6 month contract if ordered at present and installation is free unless it costs eircom €7k...... and you know that because it is clearly written into your own terms and conditions. A broadband contract on top will last 12 months.

• Advertisement

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Not if it is a NEW line Mark, it is a 6 month contract if ordered at present and installation is free unless it costs eircom €7k...... and you know that because it is clearly written into your own terms and conditions. A broadband contract on top will last 12 months.

Hi Sponge Bob,

I have answered your query on the following thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056183048

Thanks, Mark

Explain how he can avail of this 6 Month eircom special offer Mark.

(A new line is called a "Residential Standard" or "Standard Connection" in eircom speak).

eircomofferJan-Jun2012.jpg

Explain how he can avail of this 6 Month eircom special offer Mark.

(A new line is called a "Residential Standard" or "Standard Connection" in eircom speak).

eircomofferJan-Jun2012.jpg

Hi Sponge Bob,

Thank you for pointing the exact location I appreciate that.

To clarify further on my previous posts. As you will note neither the term "PSTN or "contract" is stipulated in relation to the 6 month promotional offer.

No customer can avail of the promotion unless:

A) They qualify for the services / bundles required for that promotion.

B) Any new or existing customer must sign up for a bundle package in order to avail of the 6 month period promotion.

That will result in a 12 month contract as per the bundle T&Cs.

That point relates to the fact the promotion discount may be withdrawn if the customer changes / ceases the account within that 6 month period.

In regards to a new customer who just wants to connect the telephone line without broadband or bundles. The PSTN contract is a minimum 12 Months. Were you have posted that that 6 month term is the minimum contract. As outlined it is not a contract, just a promotional time-frame.

Thanks, Mark

I referred you plenty of times to your own promotion Mark.

PSTN refers to the USO MINIMUM

On which condition(s ) do you base your assertion 'B' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mr555

Mark, I was just reading a tread where you told someone that installation is free if it doesn't cost more that €7k to eircom. I build a new house, and last November I wanted to install a land line. Your sales department told me that if I took my line to the edge of me property, eircom would connect the rest for free. They said a technician would not come out to fit until that was done. I spent a day, along with a contractor taking the line to the end of my property, only for your technicians to come out weeks later to be told that there was high voltage lines at my side of the road, and that 'I' would have to dig up the road to bring them to my side and put up two poles. I wouldn't think that would cost eircom 7k, but they just wanted me to do the work and foot the bill. I also don't think your sales them should advise anyone to bring a line to the end of a property without a technician first surveying it, and not to waste time and money only to be told tough luck. I am out in the country but there is a house at the same side of the road as me, less than 100 metres away who are connected. Bit of a joke to be honest. Now I have to make do with mobile broadband, and have a useless phone cable not connected at the end of my property.

• Advertisement

Mr555 wrote: »

Mark, I was just reading a tread where you told someone that installation is free if it doesn't cost more that €7k to eircom. I build a new house, and last November I wanted to install a land line. Your sales department told me that if I took my line to the edge of me property, eircom would connect the rest for free. They said a technician would not come out to fit until that was done. I spent a day, along with a contractor taking the line to the end of my property, only for your technicians to come out weeks later to be told that there was high voltage lines at my side of the road, and that 'I' would have to dig up the road to bring them to my side and put up two poles. I wouldn't think that would cost eircom 7k, but they just wanted me to do the work and foot the bill. I also don't think your sales them should advise anyone to bring a line to the end of a property without a technician first surveying it, and not to waste time and money only to be told tough luck. I am out in the country but there is a house at the same side of the road as me, less than 100 metres away who are connected. Bit of a joke to be honest. Now I have to make do with mobile broadband, and have a useless phone cable not connected at the end of my property.

Also, this is a small secondary road, in a rural area, not a main road

Hi Mr555,

Can you PM me with your name. address and order number (If given) and i will look into it and get back you next week.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mr555,

Can you PM me with your name. address and order number (If given) and i will look into it and get back you next week.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mr555,

I got your PM thanks, it may take a few days to look into with our engineers.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

I never got an update on the PM I sent you last november. Did you manage to look into it?

Hi Mark,

I never got an update on the PM I sent you last november. Did you manage to look into it?
    Hi Mr555

Apologies, I have the case logged on our system on the 2/11/12. I sent off a query to the operations manager at the time and he advised.

"That not all full installations are covered under the free connection promotion if the costs are under 7k. The engineer has to go out and conduct a survey and depending on the cost of works or equipment. Some costs may be deferred to the customer"

The case logged states I private messaged the following. Apologies if you did not receive it, I have been advised that a new order / survey request needs to be requested and the engineer will have to advise if there has been any change to the previous cancelled order - 2369881P

Sorry I do not have some more definitive clarification on this.

Mark

Advertisement