Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Txt spk in Arabic?

• 15-02-2012 12:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

Had a google there but didn't find any info. Since no Arabic forum exist under languages I thought I'd ask here as a lighter type thread if that's ok?

Is it even possible to abbreviate Arabic in such a way?
    Is it used by kids with phones set to Arabic?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭hivizman

Not specifically on txtspk, but a big challenge is transliterating from Arabic into the roman alphabet. This Wikipedia article on the Arabic chat alphabet should get you started.

If you come across anything specifically on texting, please post it in our resources sticky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

Yes it is possible...
    they also use english letters & numbers to txtspk arabic words....it is very popular and widely used in sms and chats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thanks, I was wondering about languages that doesn't use Western chars. But if they use Western chars I understand that it'd still work.
    Probably drives the older people crazy there too, pesky kids and their new ways :D

Although I am not too old (Is 35 years old??) but yea I do not like it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Yes, this is what it looks like, 'Min Adna Ne7na Ya Lebneniye'. Don't ask me what it means.

• Advertisement

Jaafa wrote: »
    Yes, this is what it looks like, 'Min Adna Ne7na Ya Lebneniye'. Don't ask me what it means.

I know what it means... :D

Advertisement