Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Radar

Options
  • 15-02-2012 12:35pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, im due an upgrade on my emobile tariff and they are offering me a HTC Radar free with my current tariff.
    Ill be honest ive never heard of this phone, i currently have a HTC Desire while i love, i believe the Radar is windows based?

Im off to do some quick research, meantime i thought id ask in here :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I have one. I love it BUT do some research on Windows based on what apps you use on the Desire and what is available on WP. Android has way more apps, but Windows is still in its infancy. It's great for social networks, and will have Skype very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭simi956

Radar is a very good phone, very snappy There is a very nice Windows Phone web demo for android, open http://aka.ms/wpdemo on your HTC Desire
    This will give who the look with the Live Titles and People Hub etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Dcully wrote: »
    Hi folks, im due an upgrade on my emobile tariff and they are offering me a HTC Radar free with my current tariff.
    Ill be honest ive never heard of this phone, i currently have a HTC Desire while i love, i believe the Radar is windows based?

Im off to do some quick research, meantime i thought id ask in here :)

Was gonna say ask them would they substitute that with an Omnia W as its slightly upper end over the Radar.

But in terms of performance and features Radar has all of them. As above its a pretty new OS so apps are still in their 60k's after a year of pressence.

Its not like Windows on your PC :) Its just based on Windows but it runs faster or as fast as any dual core Android phones or iPhone without sacrificing the eye candy and functions

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thanks folks, i was under pressure earlier as the rep was ringing me back in an hour so i hoped for quick info.
    However i manufactured time to get in an hours worth of research and as you folks say its a very fine phone.
    Tbh i a change from andriod might be good, the Desire was my third andriod, im not a fan of ios at all so it could be a worthy upgrade, thanks again .

Thanks folks, i was under pressure earlier as the rep was ringing me back in an hour so i hoped for quick info.
    However i manufactured time to get in an hours worth of research and as you folks say its a very fine phone.
    Tbh i a change from andriod might be good, the Desire was my third andriod, im not a fan of ios at all so it could be a worthy upgrade, thanks again .

Well as said its a still a young platform. Unique in a way. But in no ways crap. So there might be some apps or so missing for now.

Best place to have a look at on apps is at www.windowsphone.com when you get your phone thats sort of the main hub for it if you want to browse apps on the big screen or check out news and phone features. Need to track or ring or wipe your phone.

Theres how to sections there too which is very helpful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Was gonna say ask them would they substitute that with an Omnia W as its slightly upper end over the Radar.

But in terms of performance and features Radar has all of them. As above its a pretty new OS so apps are still in their 60k's after a year of pressence.

Its not like Windows on your PC :) Its just based on Windows but it runs faster or as fast as any dual core Android phones or iPhone without sacrificing the eye candy and functions

Omnia W does have the edge in speed, but in real terms and day to day usage, there's not much difference, if any visible to the naked eye! Yes, the screen is better but build quality is much better on the Radar. I swapped my Omnia for the Radar due to the Omnia giving me a bit of trouble.

Well as said its a still a young platform. Unique in a way. But in no ways crap. So there might be some apps or so missing for now.

Best place to have a look at on apps is at www.windowsphone.com when you get your phone thats sort of the main hub for it if you want to browse apps on the big screen or check out news and phone features. Need to track or ring or wipe your phone.

Theres how to sections there too which is very helpful!

To be fair i have maybe 7 apps on my Desire and use only 1 or 2, not mad about apps so the 40k apps im hearing are available for windows phones is more than enough :)

Phone arrived this morning, havent had a chance to properly mess with it but so far im loving it.
    Everything is so fast,everything is so easy to get to.
    Ive passed the Desire onto the wife and my son wants here Wildfire, im hoping i can buy a sim and stick it in for prepay,that worked on my old HTC Hero.

Phone arrived this morning, havent had a chance to properly mess with it but so far im loving it.
    Everything is so fast,everything is so easy to get to.
    Ive passed the Desire onto the wife and my son wants here Wildfire, im hoping i can buy a sim and stick it in for prepay,that worked on my old HTC Hero.

The sum card will work as far its the same network. Unless its sim free.

If ya have questions about your phone best place to ask is here.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056001288?page=176#post_77128473

:) have fun with the new phone (:

Advertisement