Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Options for 150ft internet line

Options
  • 15-02-2012 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I am streaming an event which takes place about 125ft away from the router box. Firstly I am too far away for Wireless, and secondly, by running a wire (Cat 6) from my computer to the router takes about 150ft.

Is this the best way for me to connect to the internet. The location I am streaming cannot be accessed from any other router, it must be this one.

However is a cable the best option? Or is there other tech out there that I can use. Thanks for reading...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,191 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Cat5 cable should be fine for that length. It's easily good for 45 meters. There are other options but if it's a one off the cable is the cheapest route.

Advertisement