Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I want to be famous, what's my first move?

• 15-02-2012 1:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭

Everybody wants to be famous at some stage in their life, but few maintain that goal into their 20s. I am among that few. I believe that I have the following things in my favour:

1) I am able to act, without flaw, as if I like people regardless of whether or not they are Hitler, Stalin or Pol Pot.

2) I have no knowledge of social conventions or polite etiquette, meaning I can comport myself in a manner which occurs to most, but is actually acted upon by few.

3) I have the financial freedom to spend the next few years doing things which don't pay but may result in notoriety.

4) I am, believe it or not, actually somewhat amusing when you meet me face to face.

Working against me however:

1) I have a vaguely elitist demenour which comes out when I'm drunk.

2) I'm an alcoholic and a drug user (read: addict)

3) I am running out of money, so I have about 3 years of this shit left before I go looking for a job.

Leaving, if you can, the hate which the above has engendered in your aside, what would you direct towards as the optimal next throw of the dice if I want to achieve fame in popular/semi popular culture.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

F•ck Jordan!!

The tart, not the country!!

Worked for the ugly bloke with the weird tan..........and the cage fighter!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

All you need is a friend, and a cup.
    A healthy appetite would help too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

No one cares about your personality OP pics or GTFO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Make a pron filum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Season 2 of Tallafornia.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Make a pron filum.

I would actually do that, but I think you need to be on the first run of the ladder before making a pron fillum would actually cause a single person to bat an eyelid.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

are you Trent?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

First step is to decide what you want to be famous for. Then just do that lots until people start to notice you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Become an axe murderer.

Become an axe murderer.

Is that within the purview of the popular culture these days? Perhaps so, if Talaghfornia has the attention of the nation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Everybody wants to be famous at some stage in their life.....

No they don't.

For you OP I suggest self immolation outside Louis Walsh's house

No they don't.

Yes they do.

(Provided there's no variance from this mode of response, we've slipped into my favourite type of argument.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Everybody wants to be famous at some stage in their life, but few maintain that goal into their 20s. I am among that few. I believe that I have the following things in my favour:

1) I am able to act, without flaw, as if I like people regardless of whether or not they are Hitler, Stalin or Pol Pot.

2) I have no knowledge of social conventions or polite etiquette, meaning I can comport myself in a manner which occurs to most, but is actually acted upon by few.

3) I have the financial freedom to spend the next few years doing things which don't pay but may result in notoriety.

4) I am, believe it or not, actually somewhat amusing when you meet me face to face.

3) I am running out of money, so I have about 3 years of this shit left before I go looking for a job.

Leaving, if you can, the hate which the above has engendered in your aside, what would you direct towards as the optimal next throw of the dice if I want to achieve fame in popular/semi popular culture.

you could paint yourself floresent pink everyday for the rest of your life.... im sure that would make you famous... also possibly committed to a nuthouse but at least people would know about you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Pick off the government one by one,making each death more horrendous than the one before. There`ll be a statue in your honour in next to no time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

You Tube is the only way to go. Get yourself on camera doing something that will go viral then work from there.

I suggest releasing a wild dog called Trenton into a pack of Ginger Kids who are ranting about hair colour whilst having their younger non ginger brother/sister bite their finger then laugh wildly at a small animal that you have robbed from a Zoo that sneezes constantly and loudly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Reality TV.

Not an Irish one...as nothing ever comes of that...just get on an English one, then get yourself thrown off it.

Instant fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

Pick off the government one by one,making each death more horrendous than the one before. There`ll be a statue in your honour in next to no time.

try the previous government, we'll commission the statue post-haste!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Yes they do.

(Provided there's no variance from this mode of response, we've slipped into my favourite type of argument.)

I'm getting the feeling that pantomime might suit you. Maybe a double act with Twink. Or you could blast her with p1ss. Actually, yes, do that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

If you want to be pseudofamous on the internet, €50 for the account, and a tenner for the matching email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

much like highlander, you just need to kill someone of adequate fame, and you'll inherit that fame - in the form of infamy

cool lightning effects and all, Im told

milehip1 wrote: »
    try the previous government, we'll commission the statue post-haste!

Agreed but this lot aren`t any better so maybe just kill all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

You can chase it and you may well find it but at what cost?

The desperate price tage of Jordan and the reality TV sort is a comes with it's own price tag no doubt.

If you truly have a talent worthy of fame you will find your fame, or fame will find you. Try actually working for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sex tape

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

A glass jar and a video camera.

themadchef wrote: »
    You can chase it and you may well find it but at what cost?

The desperate price tage of Jordan and the reality TV sort is a comes with it's own price tag no doubt.

If you truly have a talent worthy of fame you will find your fame, or fame will find you. Try actually working for it.

You just made me think of something else I have in my favour, I'm willing to offset the negative aspects of fame at least until the point that I get sick of the whole thing and regret ever setting out on this path. I'm willing to end up in an asylum five years out as long as my internment is newsworthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

I presume you are male. Could you stomach ridin Twink?
    She looks like she wouldn't mind the company.
    Get a few pints into first and then go crying to the "Irish" Sun.

I presume you are male. Could you stomach ridin Twink?
    She looks like she wouldn't mind the company.
    Get a few pints into first and then go crying to the "Irish" Sun.

Jesus...you`ve put me off my lunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Write a book then get it published

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Are we talking about 15 minutes of fame or posessing a world renowned talent here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

You could murder someone... or several someones Ted Bundy was famous as f**k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

If your raison d'etre is simply fame and not fortune, happiness and peace in our time, then the simplest route is to be a famous murder victim.

Forget the mass murder suggestions above, apart from the legal and moral aspects the logistics alone would be a nightmare for someone as disorganised as you. You'd have to source weapons, stalk targets etc etc.

A high profile insult campaign against a leading drug cartel will lead to fame much more effectively, combine strategic graffitti with loudmouthing in public areas will ensure front page coverage and a leading slot on the main TV and Radio news broadcasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

You talk an awful lot of bollix! :D Start your own television chat show - maybe someday you would be as famous as Gay Byrne! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

If you're a really good actor, Put in for legitimate euthenasia (spelling?) in ireland.. And dont stop until you (nearly) succeed (making up every excuse in the book for wanting it).. Maybe have an epiphony near the end and feel able to live again.. Having caused a lot of chaos, Sell your story.. Do the interviews etc. Alternatively, marry an animal and demand marriage rights

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

What do you think this is, your blog or something ?
    In short get a blog. A video blog if you want to be 'recognised'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

Make a pron filum.

and upload it here :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Ricky Gervais talked about it once, that the quickest way to get famous is to murder some prostitutes.

Firstly, why do you want to be famous? Fame for the sake of fame, what is that worth?

Secondly, 99.99% of people who want to become famous never do. Most realise by their 20s that it's an unrealistic dream. Those who stubbornly hang onto that aspiration often end up wasting time they could have spent actually developing a skill, talent or career (regardless of fame).

Lastly, http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/226/c/2/and_then_it_hit_me_____by_DanMorrill.png

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Raditub

go crazy with youtube ;) Develop a character that shows the spectrum of your acting abilities and that allows your personality to shine through in a beneficial way ;) You have to put lots of work and patience into it...but the internet can be your key to succes!! Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Release a sex tape.

• Advertisement

Suas11 wrote: »
    Release a sex tape.

Pfft....sex tapes are so early noughties.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

1. Become a serial killer.
    2. Release a sex tape.
    3. Write an auto-biography.
    4. ????????
    5. Famous.

OP just steal some underpants...

.... like famous ones......Enda Kenny and Bono and stuff. Build a collection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 zx10rick

chain yourself to the gate of the Dail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Boulevard of broken dreams.

The best advice I heard from Brendan Gleason, don't pursue the fame concentrate on the talent. Then it either happens or not, goodluck to you.

But as for your OP and everyone wants to be famous, I genuinely would not like any celebrity status, I don't even understand why people would want it. It would be like living in a fish bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

get on the late late saying you have started some charity for orphans with aids or some ****e

Then when you are on spend the interview talking about how paedophiles are 'misunderstood'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Advertisement