Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Granite table Insert Required

• 15-02-2012 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi All,
    In a bit of a dimemna here. I cracked one of the granite slabs on my dining room table there the other day. The company i bought the table off say its discontinued so i cannot get the slab.
    is there any place about that could a new slab and/or repair the existing one. Its approx 685mm x 295mm x 10mm thk.
    Any help would be brilliant.

Sean

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Try a local monumental sculptor. He should be able to advise as he probably uses the same stone for headstones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

stodwyer wrote: »
    Hi All,
    In a bit of a dimemna here. I cracked one of the granite slabs on my dining room table there the other day. The company i bought the table off say its discontinued so i cannot get the slab.
    is there any place about that could a new slab and/or repair the existing one. Its approx 685mm x 295mm x 10mm thk.
    Any help would be brilliant.

Sean

Any granite/marble/stone suppliers will cut a new one to size for you.

Look up the golden pages or your local area phone book or local area newspaper.

Avoid kitchen suppliers,as they will charge you a nice few extra bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stodwyer

Cheers all. The killer for me is the 10mm thick slab. Granite doesn't come in that thickness. Does anyone know of any large furniture stores in limerick area that could stock them. Or if I can get the piece repaired. Its just one piece that broke.

Hi all.
    Could someone give me a list of furniture warehouses that i could contact to ask if they have the granite slab i am looking for. I got the old one repaired but there is still a hairline crack on it.

Sean

stodwyer wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Could someone give me a list of furniture warehouses that i could contact to ask if they have the granite slab i am looking for. I got the old one repaired but there is still a hairline crack on it.

Sean
    Any chance you could post pics?

• Advertisement

Attached is the table.
    The slab is 10mm thick
    the measurements of the table are 685mm x 295mm.
    Any help would be great.
    The slab is black granite.

Sean

Give these a ring. I've seen their worktops several times.
    http://www.feelystone.com/interior/kitchen-countertops/
    Please note I've no connection to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 zebrano.96

broke a marble vanity basin years ago
    repaired it with stainless rod and product called sebralit its from italy and and is a kind of epoxy for stone
    repaired it nearly as good as new
    depends how clean the break is on your table saves running round matching granite.

Advertisement