Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Light.

Options
  • 15-02-2012 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I`m adding an extra light in my kitchen that I want to link to the original light and be controlled by the same switch. The original light has 4 connections...live,neutral,earth and switch and I need to know how to connect the first light to the second. I`ve done it once already and the original light worked fine but the new light just stayed on. It wouldn`t turn off. Any advice would be great. Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

You probably need to connect the feed to the new light, into the switched terminal of the original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

robbie7730 wrote: »
    You probably need to connect the feed to the new light, into the switched terminal of the original.

Thanks Robbie. I`ll try that now and get back to you.

Make sure you switch off the lights at the MCB board, as a loop in loop out setup (which you seem to have) will have live terminals at the lighting points even with the light switch off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Make sure you switch off the lights at the MCB board, as a loop in loop out setup (which you seem to have) will have live terminals at the lighting points even with the light switch off.

Yeah I always switch it off at the board whenever I`m doing anything like this. I did what you said and it`s working perfectly. Thank you very much. :D

No bother

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

No bother

how's the rehab going?:)

M cebee wrote: »
    how's the rehab going?:)

Im not really sure, was in for x-rays monday before last, 7 weeks after the event, and 5 weeks after the main surgery on it which was on boxing day, and no real sign of healing at that stage. Not unheard of in such fractures, and sometimes they fail to heal, or are slow starting to heal. Cast was taken off all the same, as the metal fixation seemed stable, and to allow movement of ankle.

It feels like there is nothing wrong with it though, not sore etc, so at least thats a plus. But no walking on it at all.

Advertisement