Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Coach House Hotel

Options
  • 15-02-2012 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

I was at the Anti-Household Tax meeting in Sligo last week and there was a great attendance. :)

I also plan to go to the meeting in Ballymote but I was surprised to hear that it is being held in the Coach House Hotel which is owned by John Perry. I did read on Sligo Today that he no longer owns the hotel but I can't find any other confirmation of this.

Does anyone on here have any information? Just curious!! :)

I didn't want to put this on the other thread in case it gets locked. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Definitely not owned by him.

It has been leased by a Ballymote couple

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

He was involved with the hotel when it first opened, but a local couple have taken over the running of it within the last 12 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

I believe that he does own the hotel but is not involved in the running of it, hence the lease. Regarding the household tax, I understand that if you don't register for the tax then the Government can not force you to pay it. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Ham Sambo wrote: »
    I believe that he does own the hotel but is not involved in the running of it, hence the lease. Regarding the household tax, I understand that if you don't register for the tax then the Government can not force you to pay it. ;)

He never owned the Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

Ham Sambo wrote: »
    ... I understand that if you don't register for the tax then the Government can not force you to pay it. ;)

OT but, I've seen that blog post, too, bout of course it's not true. You might want to see this thread This doesn't mean I intend to pay it, just that I'm aware of the possible consequences if I don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

TheQ47 wrote: »
    You might want to see this thread This doesn't mean I intend to pay it, just that I'm aware of the possible consequences if I don't.

Going to that linked thread and reading the posts in it, reminded me of this......

images_2_4.jpg

Sorry for going of topic there OP.

Advertisement