Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom technician site visit

Options
  • 15-02-2012 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Im just wondering if anybody here can help. Im not an Eircom customer, however Im trying to get my broadband connected by Magnet and need to get the line activated by Eircom. Theres a fault with my line and needs an Eircom technician to come out, the eircom engineer had also been instructed to contact an engineer from Magnet so they could both visit my apartment at the same time and resolve the issue. This had been pre-arranged and agreed by both Magnet and Eircom.

I arrived home yesterday to find a "Sorry we missed you" card from the Eircom engineer. They made no attempt to call me, or to arrange a time to visit. I work 5 mins away from the apartment and could easily have been there if I was given any notice. I called the number on the card to arrange another visit and was told there was nothing I could do as I wasnt an Eircom customer.

Can anybody advise on the best way to get this resolved as I am waiting on my line to be fixed since the start of DECEMBER!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Splinters wrote: »
    Im just wondering if anybody here can help. Im not an Eircom customer, however Im trying to get my broadband connected by Magnet and need to get the line activated by Eircom. Theres a fault with my line and needs an Eircom technician to come out, the eircom engineer had also been instructed to contact an engineer from Magnet so they could both visit my apartment at the same time and resolve the issue. This had been pre-arranged and agreed by both Magnet and Eircom.

I arrived home yesterday to find a "Sorry we missed you" card from the Eircom engineer. They made no attempt to call me, or to arrange a time to visit. I work 5 mins away from the apartment and could easily have been there if I was given any notice. I called the number on the card to arrange another visit and was told there was nothing I could do as I wasnt an Eircom customer.

Can anybody advise on the best way to get this resolved as I am waiting on my line to be fixed since the start of DECEMBER!!!

Hi Splinters,

Apologies, the eircom technican did not give you a call prior to calling out. I am afraid under no circumstances are we allowed to make any direct enquires regarding other line operators (even if the issue involves the eircom network / technicans)

I am sorry I can not help.

Thanks, Mark

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Get onto Comreg pronto and tell them what the technician said.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Euripides_

Hi Splinters,

Apologies, the eircom technican did not give you a call prior to calling out. I am afraid under no circumstances are we allowed to make any direct enquires regarding other line operators (even if the issue involves the eircom network / technicans)

I am sorry I can not help.

Thanks, Mark

I am also waiting to be connected by magnet, but they said there is a delay with Eircom turning on the line...

HOWEVER,

when I ring Eircom sales, if I paid there and then, they said they could activate me THE SAME DAY!

So it seems blatantly obvious what is happening.

EIRCOM ARE REFUSING TO LET GO OF THEIR STRANGLEHOLD/MONOPOLY ON THE NETWORK. THEY ARE SLOWING DOWN MAGNETS ORDERS,
    BY PURPOSELY NOT ACTIVATING LINES WHEN ORDERS COME THROUGH, WHICH I SHOULD IMAGINE SHOULDN'T BE SITTING WELL WITH MAGNET.

I mean they are obviously paying good money to operate on the phonelines, and then Eircom start messing with their business.

It's very very dirty business strategy by Eircom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

jay_k wrote: »
    I am also waiting to be connected by magnet, but they said there is a delay with Eircom turning on the line...

HOWEVER,

when I ring Eircom sales, if I paid there and then, they said they could activate me THE SAME DAY!

So it seems blatantly obvious what is happening.

EIRCOM ARE REFUSING TO LET GO OF THEIR STRANGLEHOLD/MONOPOLY ON THE NETWORK. THEY ARE SLOWING DOWN MAGNETS ORDERS,
    BY PURPOSELY NOT ACTIVATING LINES WHEN ORDERS COME THROUGH, WHICH I SHOULD IMAGINE SHOULDN'T BE SITTING WELL WITH MAGNET.

I mean they are obviously paying good money to operate on the phonelines, and then Eircom start messing with their business.

It's very very dirty business strategy by Eircom

Hi jay_k,

Thanks for posting on the eircom Forum.

If you PM your home phone number or eircom Account number I can check to see if your phoneline has been released. If you are requesting a new phoneline install, then eircom will normally set this up within 10 days of receiving the request from the provider. If they are requesting an activation, this will take 24 hours from the moment of receiving the request.

If you have gone to another provider, the normal protocol, under the regulator, is that you need to contact them for all queries relating to your phoneline or broadband.

Likewise, we would have to represent our customer if they left another provider and would insist on them only contacting us for all their queries relating to their phoneline or broadband.

Normally, it is up to the provider to make the request to the previous provider. eircom are obliged to release the phoneline under the communications regulations.

Let me know if you need me to confirm if eircom have received any notice from your provider for your phoneline.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

guys just to let you know. i know magnet sound cheaper and maybe better but my advice will be stay away from them - if you have issues with the line you gonna suffer. they kept me waiting for line fix for 2 months and at the end they told me: "we are sorry, but we cant provide service!" - yes 2 motnh of time wasted and 2 routers sended to me! - believe me i know what i am talking about.

so i am afraid you gonna all wait and wait and wait untill maybe miracle happend!

spend few more € and get the line repaired and connected by Eircom directly. it will save you weeks of time and lots of hassle.

So tip of the day: DONT DEAL with MAGNET unless you have fully working line! thems tech support is pure disaster.

and Eircom aint slowing down anything, the clueless people from Magnet are producing it by giving you misinformation! they wanna keep you as costumer = money for them

• Advertisement
Advertisement