Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City Hotels?

Options
  • 15-02-2012 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi,

Thinking of heading down to Waterford for a night with my Mam (I'm off to Australia soon so just a mother/daughter night).
    Want somewhere central so we can do a bit of shopping and maybe have a meal in the hotel that night and a few drinks.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

Hi, probably best to try either the Tower Hotel or the Granville, both right in the centre of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭lippy11

Great, thanks!! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

A bit outside the city, but Faithlegg is worth considering, lots of nice drawing room type space for sitting and chatting, good food and only a few mins from the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

A bit outside the city, but Faithlegg is worth considering, lots of nice drawing room type space for sitting and chatting, good food and only a few mins from the city.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

if its a mother daughter weekend then it has to be the tower hotel or the granville, slap bang in the middle of town, i wouldnt like dooleys and the bridge hotel is a shytehole, the fitzwilton is all stag and hen nights and the marina hotel is boring, if it were me it would be the tower, the bar food and the resturant are top notch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

if its a mother daughter weekend then it has to be the tower hotel or the granville, slap bang in the middle of town, i wouldnt like dooleys and the bridge hotel is a shytehole, the fitzwilton is all stag and hen nights and the marina hotel is boring, if it were me it would be the tower, the bar food and the resturant are top notch.
    Have to agree. Food in the Tower is excellent. The bar is nice too and the hotel is close to other restaurants near High Street if you want something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

lippy11 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thinking of heading down to Waterford for a night with my Mam (I'm off to Australia soon so just a mother/daughter night).
    Want somewhere central so we can do a bit of shopping and maybe have a meal in the hotel that night and a few drinks.

Any suggestions?

Tower or Granville best bet.
    Marina hotel another good one.
    FitzWilton on Bridge street or Bridge Hotel decent options too.

all city centre but 1st 2 easiest if price OK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Definatly the tower, love that hotel, so close to shops etc!

Advertisement