Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Positions in the Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Flunch

sjms wrote: »
    Hi, yeah, I called her today. She said it was no problem and that she would put me down for the next interview day, which she said was likely to be May. Happy days!

Thats great congrats :) Must give them a call myself and see whats going on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Anyone have an interview yet? How did you get on if you did?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Blanchguy

Had an interview today, very short - c. 10 minutes. Was asked about last job and what relevant experience I had. Was told I'd hear next week. Just make sure you have your paperwork and you have to fill the garda vetting form out there so make sure you know all your addresses for your whole life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 gunners89

did they say what section they are employing for

Nope, all departments I was told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Red_Star

Hi , just checking to see if anyone has heard anything about interviews for Cork ?
    or anywhere other than Dublin for that matter ?

Got an email to say I was successful at interview. They'll be in touch when they need someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Red_Star

Blanchguy wrote: »
    Got an email to say I was successful at interview. They'll be in touch when they need someone.

Congrats :) ... Hopefully they will be incontact with you soon to offer you a job !!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 chatterbox93

Hey just wondering did anyone here about interviews in Tipperary yet just curious or anywhere outside Dublin for that matter? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

FYI
    ...the Survey Interviewer panel ... in the Central Statistics Office will expire in June 2012.
    Because of this the CSO will be running a recruitment campaign to create a new 3 year panel to take over from the existing panel.
    We will be advertising this new campaign on our website (www.cso.ie) from 10.00am on Wednesday 18th April 2012, for a period of 2 weeks or whenever the Regional quotas have been reached, whichever is the soonest.

The Survey Interviewer job has very flexible hours but won't suit everybody

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭EOB32

Red_Star wrote: »
    Hi , just checking to see if anyone has heard anything about interviews for Cork ?
    or anywhere other than Dublin for that matter ?

Am also waiting to hear back from Cork... I guess we just have to be patient

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭thecommietommy

Just wondering, since the OP posted on 15-02-2012, do these Temp Clerical positions in the PS just come up early in the year or is it all round ??

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Just wondering, since the OP posted on 15-02-2012, do these Temp Clerical positions in the PS just come up early in the year or is it all round ??

The recruitment round comes up once a year, the vacancies that are filled from it come up year round but there are a lot of them over summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

You've had your interview already?

I was placed in the top group for Dublin still haven't heard anything from them yet.

I'm assuming thats bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Belkin1975

Congrats :D Did anyone get called in Donegal yet????

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lynchy747

Went on the site today and the regional quotas have been met just FYI.

By the way has anyone from County Meath/ Navan, received any communication yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 chatterbox93

Lynchy747 wrote: »
    Went on the site today and the regional quotas have been met just FYI.

By the way has anyone from County Meath/ Navan, received any communication yet?

does this mean that all the interviews have been carried out or just that they have enough applicants for each area to start interviewing? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Atlantis50

does this mean that all the interviews have been carried out or just that they have enough applicants for each area to start interviewing? :/

This.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

Atlantis50 wrote: »
    This.

I think he was just referring to the survey interviewer jobs with the central statistics office. The TCO campaign is completely separate.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lynchy747

phoenix999 wrote: »
    Atlantis50 wrote: »
    This.

I think he was just referring to the survey interviewer jobs with the central statistics office. The TCO campaign is completely separate.

Apologies, yes I am referring to the SI jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Deisegirl11

Can anybody who has already had an interview for the Tco job or people who are going for interview soon please let us know what questions are asked so we will know what to expect??

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Jasssss

Hi sorry for gate crashing but would anyone know how much a clerical officer in a government office is on .Someone with 20 years experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 labk

temporary clerical officers start off on around 10.67 per hour, it doesn't matter how many years experience you start at entry level unless you've worked in a government department before.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Jasssss

labk, sorry I worded my post wrong.what is the most a permanent clerical officer would be on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

Jasssss wrote: »
    labk, sorry I worded my post wrong.what is the most a permanent clerical officer would be on.

Top of the scale and over 15 years experience, an established clerical officer woul be on about 37,000 gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Got an email to say i have an interview..... In Dublin. Employed now so won't be going, If it had of been in Wexford and i thought i might get a long contract out of it i'd probably go for it.

Got called for an interview for posts in Donegal on the 08th. Can someone who has had an interview please let me know what kind of questions are asked and how long does the interview last? Thanks. Here's hoping!!!:rolleyes:

Sorry to bother yas all again, but does anyone who was called for an interview know how you get your completed application form?? Do you just fill out a new one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Hi Belkin1975,

I think its in the link in the email you got. I havent done it yet.

Anyone who had done the interview already. What questions / type of questions were you asked? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Deisegirl11

Belkin1975 wrote: »
    Got called for an interview for posts in Donegal on the 08th. Can someone who has had an interview please let me know what kind of questions are asked and how long does the interview last? Thanks. Here's hoping!!!:rolleyes:

When you go for your interview would you let us know exactly what questions are asked please??
    I'd really appreciate it!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement