Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Positions in the Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

stephen090 wrote: »
    I've heard a lot of people say they give you little chance if you miss their original attempt at communication for a job offer? I.e They call you once on a private number and if you miss it you've essentially missed out and are sent to the bottom of the pecking order? Is this true?

I hope not as I was out of contact "roaming" abroad with no credit to answer calls for a week and bit there. I would hate to think I may have missed the boat if I did get a call..

Also, do they e-mail contract offers at all, no?

Unless they ring u again in the next day, they maybe after offering to who ever was next on the list. You do stay on the panel though to be called if another position comes up. I'm not too sure if your put to the end :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kerry987

Has anyone been offered a position in kerry yet?? I got an e-mail last week saying I was successfull at interview but havent heard anything since.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Kerry987 wrote: »
    Has anyone been offered a position in kerry yet?? I got an e-mail last week saying I was successfull at interview but havent heard anything since.

Im in the same boat as urself!! Got the successfull at interview email a bit bak!!

Im in the same boat as urself!! Got the successfull at interview email a bit bak!!

I rang the recruitment office to see what was happening because someone i know got a contract for tralee and i could be waiting for ages and hear nothing and then have to go look eleswhere for summer work. They said that there are still contracts to be given starting the middle and end of the month so if i hear nothing by the end of the month I will look for something eles. Was hoping to be placed in tralee cause was placed there 2 years ago and loved it. Good luck with it neways!! :) Hopefully hear something soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

My cousin was in the Social welfare office in Cork on Wednesday. Said that they had two college students (who looked about 16) working on the hatches. Said they looked out of their depth and people waiting were rather peeved. So it seems that people are getting contracts in Cork area.

• Advertisement

I rang the recruitment office to see what was happening because someone i know got a contract for tralee and i could be waiting for ages and hear nothing and then have to go look eleswhere for summer work. They said that there are still contracts to be given starting the middle and end of the month so if i hear nothing by the end of the month I will look for something eles. Was hoping to be placed in tralee cause was placed there 2 years ago and loved it. Good luck with it neways!! :) Hopefully hear something soon.

Do you mind me asking are you Top Group or Reserve Group?

I'm in Reserve grouo :)

Im in the top group. I taught you would have to be in the top group to be called for interview? when I got the e-mail I was told I was in the top group for List A kerry and may be called for interview and then got a seperate email saying I was in the reserve group for List B Listowel and was not being called for interview at this time for list b. Are you sure your not in the top group? :)

Im in the top group. I taught you would have to be in the top group to be called for interview? when I got the e-mail I was told I was in the top group for List A kerry and may be called for interview and then got a seperate email saying I was in the reserve group for List B Listowel and was not being called for interview at this time for list b. Are you sure your not in the top group? :)

Ya im sure got reserve for both, but i think i got.uo high.enough in the reserve group :-) i know a few who got reserve aswell and havnt got interview and had the sane dates and availability as me so im guessing they got ranked below me in the.questionsire!! I guess ill have to live in.hope :-)

Ya im sure got reserve for both, but i think i got.uo high.enough in the reserve group :-) i know a few who got reserve aswell and havnt got interview and had the sane dates and availability as me so im guessing they got ranked below me in the.questionsire!! I guess ill have to live in.hope :-)

o right, im sure you have just as much chance of getting a place as me so if you were called for interview and were successfull. we will just have to play the waiting game now ha!! il post again if I hear anything neways!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jess79

I got the same email nearly two weeks ago but they rang me last week to offer me 10 week position starting next week. Keep positive because I applied last February & I was put on the reserve panel - I had totally given up hope of getting anything :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bagel2010

Hi got called for an eight week contract in tipperary region anyone else get a call starting july

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Tippgal93

I got a call for a contract in nenagh today too.. Starting the 9th of July :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Hi, I just have a query. I just started this week working again in the public service doing term time/temporary clerical officer. I also did this last year from June to Oct. Prior to that I worked as a census emenuator last year from March to May 2011.

I got my first payslip today for this first week. I noticed my pay was less than that of last year and it also was the same pay as all the other term-timers/t.c.o. who are just in for the first time this year.

Last year, I got about 40euros extra than the other term-timers/t.c.o. due to the fact I had worked in the public sector as a cenus emenuator prior to working as a temporary clerical officer/term-timer last summer.

I was wondering has the terms for increase changed this year? I rang the salaries dept. today and they told me they think I should of been paid the increase like last year. They queried it with the personnel dept and was told no. The man in the salaries dept said he thinks the women the personnel dept is wrong and the I should state my case.

I remember reading last year that if you worked in the public sector prior to a certain month of 2011 you got the slight increase in wages compared to people who just started work in the public service. Does anyone know where I can find this information? Do you think I should get the extra as I have worked in the civil service prior to June 2011? Anyone know the exact month the increase stopped from?

Anyone else on here work in the public service prior to June 2011 have this same experience?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

ciaramc wrote: »
    Hi, I just have a query. I just started this week working again in the public service doing term time/temporary clerical officer. I also did this last year from June to Oct. Prior to that I worked as a census emenuator last year from March to May 2011.

I got my first payslip today for this first week. I noticed my pay was less than that of last year and it also was the same pay as all the other term-timers/t.c.o. who are just in for the first time this year.

Last year, I got about 40euros extra than the other term-timers/t.c.o. due to the fact I had worked in the public sector as a cenus emenuator prior to working as a temporary clerical officer/term-timer last summer.

I was wondering has the terms for increase changed this year? I rang the salaries dept. today and they told me they think I should of been paid the increase like last year. They queried it with the personnel dept and was told no.

I remember reading last year that if you worked in the public sector prior to a certain month of 2011 you got the slight increase in wages compared to people who just started work in the public service. Does anyone know where I can find this information? Do you think I should get the extra as I have worked in the civil service prior to June 2011? Anyone know the exact month the increase stopped from?

Anyone else on here work in the public service prior to June 2011 have this same experience?

Thanks in advance.

Pay for new entrants to the civil service, TCO's etc (not including enumerators) was cut by 10% in January 2011. So if you worked in the Civil Service as a TCO prior to this, you should be on your previous rate of pay that you left off, if your work commenced after this date, you are on the correct amount. I have been working in the Civil Service on a temporary basis since August 2010 and I am on the old rate of pay (minus the cut). However, TCO's that started in our office around March 2011, had about a €40 pay cut, I think it was around €385 before tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Tippgal93

Monife wrote: »
    Pay for new entrants to the civil service, TCO's etc (not including enumerators) was cut by 10% in January 2011. So if you worked in the Civil Service as a TCO prior to this, you should be on your previous rate of pay that you left off, if your work commenced after this date, you are on the correct amount. I have been working in the Civil Service on a temporary basis since August 2010 and I am on the old rate of pay (minus the cut). However, TCO's that started in our office around March 2011, had about a €40 pay cut, I think it was around €385 before tax.

Hi there.. I got a call today offering me a contract for nenagh starting in July. It will be my first year as a TCO. What wage will I earn do you know :) ?

Thanks Monife. Last year I was on €421 before tax and this year Im on €379 before tax.

ciaramc wrote: »
    Thanks Monife. Last year I was on €421 before tax and this year Im on €379 before tax.

€421 is what I started on. And after the first increment in August 2011, it increased about €20 (before tax). Maybe you are entitled to be on €421, I would assume you would be having received it before (unless you previously received it in error). You should speak to some of your colleagues to find out.

Circular on the 10% cut

Tippgal93 wrote: »
    Hi there.. I got a call today offering me a contract for nenagh starting in July. It will be my first year as a TCO. What wage will I earn do you know :) ?

I don't know as I started pre-2011 (before the cuts). Your office should send you out a contract soon which will state your wage.

Thanks Monife for all your help.

Hi just wondering would the county councils count as having worked in public service before i filled in that I hadnt worked for public service on the forms
    But I worked in Dublin Co Council for years until 1997

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

bagel2010 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering would the county councils count as having worked in public service before i filled in that I hadnt worked for public service on the forms
    But I worked in Dublin Co Council for years until 1997

Yeah it does count but they just put you on the first point of the old clerical officer payscale which is about €421 a week.

lolli wrote: »
    Yeah it does count but they just put you on the first point of the old clerical officer payscale which is about €421 a week.

thanks for reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

I got an email last friday for an interview today ! It went well hope i got it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Blanchguy

Got a 6 month contract! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 superleeds16

good news lad what department is it in

• Registered Users Posts: 48 cricketfan

Got an email saying I had passed the qualifying standard at interview although it seems a very standard email. It landed in my in box about 3 hours after the interview, someone somewhere is at least thorough if not prompt.

How many have had that sort of email but then not been selected. Do unsuccessful candidates get follow up emails. Just got to wait now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Well done everyone , I wish it was me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Hey folks,

I'd recommend you keep ringing the applic office and keep annoying them about it if you havent heard back!
    I got the qualifying email and heard nothing so I kept annoying them about it and I got offered a contract and the lady was so lovely about it, usually if you're waiting then they're trying to find you a placement thats 100% as convenient as possible for you.

Does anyone know how often the pay is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

aine92 wrote: »

Does anyone know how often the pay is?

have you worked in the civil service before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

It's weekly I think .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement