Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Positions in the Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

Hi I have a question that hopefully someone can answer for me here, I am starting as a Temporary Clerical Officer (6month contract) next Monday in the department of public expenditure and reform, I am just wondering as I have worked as a TCO in another department (dept of social protection) in 2008 for 4 months will they pay me the new amended salary scale (€379 a week) or are they obliged to pay me the old salary scale I was on in 2008 (€420 a week)?? cant get a definite answer anywhere, if anyone could shed any light on the subject it would be greatly appreciated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

Hi I have a question that hopefully someone can answer for me here, I am starting as a Temporary Clerical Officer (6month contract) next Monday in the department of public expenditure and reform, I am just wondering as I have worked as a TCO in another department (dept of social protection) in 2008 for 4 months will they pay me the new amended salary scale (€379 a week) or are they obliged to pay me the old salary scale I was on in 2008 (€420 a week)?? cant get a definite answer anywhere, if anyone could shed any light on the subject it would be greatly

It is only 'New entrants' employed from 2010 on who are put on the new lower scale. As you were employed as a TCO in 2008, you are entitled to be paid the old salary scale. Make sure to remind payroll of that.

Quick question! I was called for interview last week from the reserve panel does that mean you are going to get the temporary job?

Thank you

Quick question! I was called for interview last week from the reserve panel does that mean you are going to get the temporary job?

Thank you

Well they seem to have got around to the reserve panel, as some people on it have already been offered jobs recently. Barring a disastrous interview, it seems pretty likely that you will be offered a temp contract. Read the previous posts in this thread for interview tips. Good luck!

Thank you for your reply - hope I am successful!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 maryfairy

Hi I had an interview in Ennis for TCO in the property tax section a few weeks ago. I have not heard anything since. Has anyone else heard anything??????

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭theparish

Are the basics in word and excel good enough for the TCO positions-write a letter,format a cell autosum etc.2 finger typing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

theparish wrote: »
    Are the basics in word and excel good enough for the TCO positions-write a letter,format a cell autosum etc.2 finger typing.

You're over qualified with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭scoopmine

Any sign of the temp jobs for the summer being opened up. I am already signed up with publicjobs and no word.

Should be advertised in the next week or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I'll look forward to them being advertised. I'd assume how they layout their A and B locations might vary this year. Split between counties and cities/towns as usual just the named towns might be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭scoopmine

Nothing yet. I have applied for meath and carlow before both times ended up on the reserve list. Hoping to apply for Dublin this year when they are advertised.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 LeafLeafy

Just clicked on the link and not coming up? Is it gone already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭petersburg2002

LeafLeafy wrote: »
    Just clicked on the link and not coming up? Is it gone already?

That was last years. The new campaign will be starting in the next week or so. So hang in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

I applied for some Clerical Officer's job I saw in Paper a few weeks ago, I got about 6 emails in total to basically let me know they were zero interested in me lol! :D Jeez talk about letting a person down gently like! :D:p Well best of luck with it to anyone who got in or is still in with a chance. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭theparish

I had an interview last week for 10 week contract in revenue.
    I was told by the interviewers that they did not know how many
    vacancies there were and that there may not be a position available at all.
    They said that the public appointments department deals with all the specifics!
    They did ask was I available on a particular date to start contract.
    3 days later I received this via e-mail-
    Thank you for attending the interview in connection with the above campaign.
    I am pleased to inform that you have reached the qualifying standard at interview.
    I will be in contact with you if you are considered for a position.!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Any sign of the TCO panel for 2013 be started. Seems a bit late this year. If they are interviewing people from last years panel will they be starting a new paneL?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    Any sign of the TCO panel for 2013 be started. Seems a bit late this year. If they are interviewing people from last years panel will they be starting a new paneL?

I remember it being around March...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

It was February last year and March the previous year so say it shouldn't be long more if they are interviewing those on the reserve panel I'd imagine once they have done all that and those roles taken up then they will start a new panel if they couldn't find anyone from reserve to fill positions or they wanted a new set of candidates that may not have applied before or who have but have finished their contracts.

I am constantly checking the publicjobs website so keep an eye out and I am sure it be mentioned on here too when the new campaign start!

Monife wrote: »

Any luck with the Passport office work Monife?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

phoenix999 wrote: »

Any luck with the Passport office work Monife?

Didn't take it up.

Got a permanent job in the field I studied in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

Didn't take it up.

Congrats thats brilliant News! Best of luck in the new job:D

Didn't take it up.

Many congrats. Great to hear some good news!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Closing date last year was 21st Feb, so it is later this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 China City Sligo

I wonder would the Croke Park negotiations have any effect/delay on the positions this year??

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Toasterparks

I'm surprised some of the Departments are allowed temp summer staff at all - they are more than capable of covering for people that are out for the summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Blanchguy

Only if the staff there at the moment were prepared to do more work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Dogdaysareover

I'm surprised some of the Departments are allowed temp summer staff at all - they are more than capable of covering for people that are out for the summer!
    Blanchguy wrote: »
    Only if the staff there at the moment were prepared to do more work...

you guys/gals might be better off reading the thread for a bit of context rather than starting another public service rant :cool:

Its not that kind of thread.....AH is thataway =>

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Still no sign of the temp positions being adverised?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Toasterparks

you guys/gals might be better off reading the thread for a bit of context rather than starting another public service rant :cool:

Its not that kind of thread.....AH is thataway =>

It was just an observation by two people that have been through this process already and worked in departments before. It wasn't turning into a rant.

And it's a genuine question - if departments don't truly need the staff (I know social protection do, but some others don't), will they cut back on positions this time around to save cash?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement