Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Positions in the Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Phantasos

elaney wrote: »
    Closing date is Tuesday the 9th at midday.

Yep, you're completely right, getting a week ahead of myself. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

bulmersgal wrote: »
    No nothing there :(

I know in information booklet it said to ring or email if we don't get email but I forgot to save the booklet.

Edit, found booklet through Internet search

I only got mine a few minutes ago, probably sending the emails out in batches.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Whats the process for applying? I filled in the online application form a few weeks ago (there was just a few basic questions in it like name,address,PPS etc) and havent heard anything since, no emails etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

gline wrote: »
    Whats the process for applying? I filled in the online application form a few weeks ago (there was just a few basic questions in it like name,address,PPS etc) and havent heard anything since, no emails etc.

That's as far as its gone, today is the day everyone is receiving email with questionnaire and we have till 9th of April to complete it. I still haven't received email but a few have its a waiting game at moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

That's as far as its gone, today is the day everyone is receiving email with questionnaire and we have till 9th of April to complete it. I still haven't received email but a few have its a waiting game at moment.

When did you apply? Was fairly late myself so thinking that's a possible reason why

• Advertisement

Why did you apply? Was fairly late myself so thinking that's a possible reason why

Applied the first day it opened, my friend applied the last day and they got email first thing this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Deisegirl11

Is anyone else still having problems completing the questionnaire? I couldn't get past stage 1, tried again an then eventually got as far as the third page and now it's telling me unable to connect!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

For the last two years I have only gotten onto the reserve panel. Has anyone got any tips for getting to the top group?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Tommy_utd16

First time applying for the position, a lot of positive pervious comments about the job. What's this questionaire all about? is it broken down into stages? if so can anyone give examples of the stages? Any info would be great thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭maneno

Whats the number to call if you havent received the email yet?does anybody know if they yave emailed everyone?my cousin applied and nothinn on her junk mail yet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

I'm on part 1 section b, page doesn't seem to want to load. gah!! wtf am I meant to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 shocked12

Gongoozler wrote: »
    I'm on part 1 section b, page doesn't seem to want to load. gah!! wtf am I meant to do.

I am the same. It has been taking ages to load each page. I am now 96% done and I has been frozen for the last 15 mins. I'd say my 50 mins are up by now. What happens in this case?

Well it's not that you've a set 50 minutes to do it, it's an estimate on the time it should take.
    Thing is, their sessions will be able to see if you've already clicked into the form. I dunno what's going to happen if the site comes back ...dunno if it'll let you complete it. They'll have to surely, considering so many people are having problems.

Well it's not that you've a set 50 minutes to do it, it's an estimate on the time it should take.
    Thing is, their sessions will be able to see if you've already clicked into the form. I dunno what's going to happen if the site comes back ...dunno if it'll let you complete it. They'll have to surely, considering so many people are having problems.

I thought there was a set amount of time and it finished automatically after the time whether you were finished or not?

It still hasn't started up here..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

maneno wrote: »
    Whats the number to call if you havent received the email yet?does anybody know if they yave emailed everyone?my cousin applied and nothinn on her junk mail yet

I havent ecieved the email yet either.

I can't imagine there was a set amount of time. Giving a time is usually just so you know how much time to have for it.

I can't imagine there was a set amount of time. Giving a time is usually just so you know how much time to have for it.

Dear x

You will have 50 minutes to complete the questionnaire therefore make
    sure you have time to finish. If you do not complete the
    questionnaire, you will be deemed to have withdrawn your application.

Further instructions are given as part of the questionnaire.

Click your personal link below to begin

Copied from my email, seems straightforward enough.

Oh I see. well in that case, we're all screwed!

gline wrote: »
    I havent ecieved the email yet either.

I didn't either, will have to ring tomorrow. Say it will be mental in there with so many people having problems completing form

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Claregirl

On public jobs support: http://www.publicjobsdata.com/support/

Read the frequently answered questions first:

Update 20:45, 2nd April, the service continues to experience high traffic. Note that the closing date is not until Midday on the 9th April. For those who have begun the test and subsequently found themselves locked out note that when you restart by clicking your link in the original email invite you will be returned to the section where you previously left off. Please if you can, try logging on at a later time. Thank you.

I see this message: "There is a problem with the Candidate Number supplied and the application cannot continue."
    Verify that session cookies are enabled in your browser or try the test using a different browser

Restart your test from where you left off by clicking the original link provided in the email invitation

My computer has crashed midway through my test?

Restart your test by clicking the original link provided in the email invitation. You test will restart from where you left off.

I got to the completed page. Is my questionnaire finished?

Yes, if you saw the page with message "Your Test is complete and your answers have been stored." then your questionnaire is complete.

I was affected by the server outage on Tuesday 2nd April @ 15:00hrs.

Our apologies to anyone who experienced this outage due to exceptional site traffic. Restart your test by clicking the original link provided in the email invitation. Your test will restart from where you left off.

Unfortunately my son got the message "contact support" when he tried again from scratch : (

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

Claregirl wrote: »
    On public jobs support: http://www.publicjobsdata.com/support/

Read the frequently answered questions first:

Update 20:45, 2nd April, the service continues to experience high traffic. Note that the closing date is not until Midday on the 9th April. For those who have begun the test and subsequently found themselves locked out note that when you restart by clicking your link in the original email invite you will be returned to the section where you previously left off. Please if you can, try logging on at a later time. Thank you.

I see this message: "There is a problem with the Candidate Number supplied and the application cannot continue."
    Verify that session cookies are enabled in your browser or try the test using a different browser

Restart your test from where you left off by clicking the original link provided in the email invitation

My computer has crashed midway through my test?

Restart your test by clicking the original link provided in the email invitation. You test will restart from where you left off.

I got to the completed page. Is my questionnaire finished?

Yes, if you saw the page with message "Your Test is complete and your answers have been stored." then your questionnaire is complete.

I was affected by the server outage on Tuesday 2nd April @ 15:00hrs.

Our apologies to anyone who experienced this outage due to exceptional site traffic. Restart your test by clicking the original link provided in the email invitation. Your test will restart from where you left off.

Unfortunately my son got the message "contact support" when he tried again from scratch : (

Thanks, that was helpful. I'm just going to follow the advice and leave it for tonight and hope it starts without any hassle tomorrow.

I hope it doesn't restart me at the beginning of the section I'm on, it's bloody long

I didn't either, will have to ring tomorrow. Say it will be mental in there with so many people having problems completing form

I just rang it seems there was a problem with people with hotmail address not receiving them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I just rang it seems there was a problem with people with hotmail address not receiving them

I didn't receive it either and I'm on Hotmail. Did they say if the problem would be fixed?

griffdaddy wrote: »
    I didn't receive it either and I'm on Hotmail. Did they say if the problem would be fixed?

She doesn't know what is problem, she resent it to my hotmail and said ring her in a few if I don't get it. I didn't so had to email her new address. Wrote it down but doubting myself if I wrote it right so if somebody can pm me it would be great.

Just completed mine. And now for more waiting...

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

In the same boat. What number did you ring?

In the same boat. What number did you ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Phantasos

Just finished the questionnaire there. It's surprising how working in a department for a summer makes the 'scenario' questions much less daunting.

Fingers crossed and best of luck to everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Haven't filled out the questionnaire yet but just wondering do u need to attach a CV?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement