Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Positions in the Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Phantasos

Haven't filled out the questionnaire yet but just wondering do u need to attach a CV?

Nope.

But they ask about length of experience in certain roles (customer service, admin, etc), so it'd be no harm to have your CV alongside you for reference if you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mayoboy55

Hi, just wondering before I fill out the questionnaire, does it take the full 50 mins or are you stuck for time?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭baba_bear

Hi mayoboy55, I completed the questionnaire earlier on today. It took me about 35-40 minutes to complete. I didn't have to rush through the questions or anything so don't worry too much about time constraints.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

I completed it yesterday evening - took about 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

I done it in about half hour was reading questions thoughly and taking my time. Hopefully get a interview :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭scoopmine

TCO Online Screening Questionnaire
    Temporarily Offline
    Visit the Support Page for Status Updates
    Note: closing date is not until Midday 9th April

Its all I've got the last two days. Did everyone that finished it get it done between 9 and 5?

No I done it at 8 as had to wait on my daughter to go sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭iliketomoveit

I keep getting "This job is not available or the closing date has passed" when I click into the link?

The closing date was said to be April 9th

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

I keep getting "This job is not available or the closing date has passed" when I click into the link?

The closing date was said to be April 9th

Try tomorrow, if the same thing happens, then email them on the support page. However, my link didn't work at first, I copied and pasted the link into the web browser. Then it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭iliketomoveit

phoenix999 wrote: »
    Try tomorrow, if the same thing happens, then email them on the support page.

Right, will do that.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

the waiting just kills me. Anybody have any idea what date they'll be starting interviews? I'm aware not everyone gets an interview, but just to have some idea when I can put it to the back of my mind until.

Gongoozler wrote: »
    the waiting just kills me. Anybody have any idea what date they'll be starting interviews? I'm aware not everyone gets an interview, but just to have some idea when I can put it to the back of my mind until.

I was looking back on thread from last year think.page 20. Looked like 2/3 weeks wait to see did you get interview. Doubting myself for nothing putting great on everything. It's a pity we dont find out at end if we failed or passed

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kildaremum

Has everyone received an email regarding questionnaire at this stage, because I haven't. I emailed support today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

kildaremum wrote: »
    Has everyone received an email regarding questionnaire at this stage, because I haven't. I emailed support today.
    No, I never recieved it, whats the email address for support?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cheese1234

gline wrote: »
    No, I never recieved it, whats the email address for support?

Hi guys
    It seems emails with ....@live.is its not working call them on 018587510 Just sorted mine with an alternative email if possible gmail

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Roisin Christina

If you have a hotmail account and you didn't receive an email you need to contact the support team and they'll tell you how to add them to the safe mailing list and then they'll send the email again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tonez

I have a hotmail email and I'm waiting for this email to come from public jobs. Who do you send the email to ?

info@publicjobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭murrak123

tonez wrote: »
    I have a hotmail email and I'm waiting for this email to come from public jobs. Who do you send the email to ?

info@publicjobs.ie

Its just as handy to give them a ring. They pick up straight away, tell you what to do and send the email out to you with the link to the questionaire. Simples the numbers are the ones on the front of the booklet. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Roisin Christina

You need to call them first and they'll send you a support email to change your settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tonez

Thank You, I rang the number and they sent me the questionnaire straight away to a different email address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭imbroglio

Completed my application with no problems just this minute. No way of knowing if the answers I put down were correct. A waiting game at this stage! Best of luck to everyone else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Just done the application. Sugar, I clicked too fast on the continue button for one of the pages, I know I should of selected another answer. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

I don't remember anything like the 'rate the answers ' part last year. Seems far more like we're trying moving up from one position to another than just getting a short term contract !

Deadline has been extended, I presume because of all the problems with hotmail addresses.

For candidates who have already submitted an application but who have not yet completed and
    submitted the On Line Screening Questionnaire, the deadline has been extended
    to midday Thursday 11th April 2013

Presume that will mean a delay in finding out if we successful for interviews :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

bulmersgal wrote: »
    Presume that will mean a delay in finding out if we successful for interviews :-/

Not necessarily, interviews might not happen for months, depending on when they need the staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

Okay, questionnaire completed.. I always finish those things with a feeling of self doubt!

Not necessarily, interviews might not happen for months, depending on when they need the staff.

I'm only available for the summer so would like to now sooner rather then later

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

Did anyone find the questionaire alot harder this year than previous years!!
    I thought the questions were really tricky like!!
    very worried now

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

bangors85 wrote: »
    Did anyone find the questionaire alot harder this year than previous years!!
    I thought the questions were really tricky like!!
    very worried now

To me the questions didn't seem suited to the role of a temp. I can't imagine them letting someone only there for a few weeks do up reports for the minister.

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

I dunno im not confident at all now!! total shock to the system with those questions!!

Does anyone know when we will find out our results

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement