Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Positions in the Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 shannone

To be fair just because someone said they had been given the answer in work it doesn't necessarily mean it's the right one - you don't know who within the CS gave them the answer to begin with.

Thats true! What's done is done all we can do is keep the fingers and toes crossed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

shannone wrote: »
    Thats true! What's done is done all we can do is keep the fingers and toes crossed :D

I doubt every1 got all the questions 100% right. It's a pain waiting as I feel like I have been waiting ages already. They prob haven't even looked at our test results yet so will be a while still. I just hate this waiting game.

Wonder roughly how many people applied

• Registered Users Posts: 49 shannone

bulmersgal wrote: »
    It's a pain waiting as I feel like I have been waiting ages already. They prob haven't even looked at our test results yet so will be a while still. I just hate this waiting game.

Same!! Its killing me...I just wanna know already lol

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

Does anyone know why this years questions were so different from previous years?? they were so tricky, really not confident like

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭tony007

When will the interview stage start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 mayoboy55

People are saying they won't start until the beginning of may, not sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

If you read back over . First you hear whether your questionnaire was successful or not. Then you may get called for interview anytime over the next 12 months.

Must stop checking my emails every hour, wish I knew. Hopefully we find out soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

I filled out the questions in answers 1-4. Not realising i could answer 1, for 2 questions if i wanted.My fault completely. Good luck to all, coz i certainly wont get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Phantasos

I filled out the questions in answers 1-4. Not realising i could answer 1, for 2 questions if i wanted.My fault completely. Good luck to all, coz i certainly wont get it.

I nearly did that until I realised I could pick whatever I wanted. Makes it really tough to decide on answers though when you think 3 responses are adequate, or no response is good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

There saying that results will be at the end of the week

Hopefully that is true, be nice this week

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭oconnol1

Hello all, anyone get an update yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Not for me anyway, hopefully before the end of next week if not tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Someone said it should be this week. Its kind of worrying that I havent gotten anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Gongoozler wrote: »
    Someone said it should be this week. Its kind of worrying that I havent gotten anything yet.

Don't be worried, no one seems to have heard yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

lolli wrote: »
    Don't be worried, no one seems to have heard yet.

Well, no one on this thread....

Gongoozler wrote: »
    Well, no one on this thread....

Last year the results were out 15 days after the closing date for the questionnaire. We are still within that time frame.

I presume 15 days is not working days, we only at 8 days since it closed so it prob will be next week.

I'm dying to hear but even if they say yes, we could be ages waiting on interview

I presume 15 days is not working days, we only at 8 days since it closed so it prob will be next week.

I'm dying to hear but even if they say yes, we could be ages waiting on interview

No it was 11 working days. The first year I applied I got in the top band but i didnt get called for interview until December and I got a 6 month contract. Last year I was called straight away to interview and only got a 10 week contract which started straight after my 6 month one ended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭davydoc

Even if you hear yes and in the top group, you're really still not much further forward, until you get called for an interview, then it's really ' as you were'....

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Donegal2012

I have just rang the Public Job's office and the lady said results will be made available between 4-6 weeks!! How does that work when Jobs are becoming available in June and they still have to go through the interview process!!

I'd say she's talking through her hat - but everything is a lot later this year

I have just rang the Public Job's office and the lady said results will be made available between 4-6 weeks!! How does that work when Jobs are becoming available in June and they still have to go through the interview process!!

4-6 weeks :-O she has to be wrong, sure last year it took took 11 working days see post above.

Maybe she just saying that so that you wouldn't ring her again, like if they knew results will be out Friday and they got delayed till Tuesday they'd have us all ringing asking where are our results are on Friday and Monday

last year I had my interview May 8th and got a 10 week position in June. I was hoping for this again this year but if what she's saying is true all early positions will be gone before we even hear from them never mind have interviews done, that is if lucky enough to get an interview!!

4-6 weeks :-O she has to be wrong, sure last year it took took 11 working days see post above.

Maybe she just saying that so that you wouldn't ring her again, like if they knew results will be out Friday and they got delayed till Tuesday they'd have us all ringing asking where are our results are on Friday and Monday

I'd almost call again in the hope of talking to someone else to see what they'd say!! Getting very impatient about it now!!

I'd almost call again in the hope of talking to someone else to see what they'd say!! Getting very impatient about it now!!

Be interesting to see what they say if you got through to different person. It does seem very long, I say we'll get word end of this week or start of next. My exams are in May so I hope to go they don't bring call me for interview when one of them is on. Somebody said if you try change day they just take you off list :-(

last year I had my interview May 8th and got a 10 week position in June. I was hoping for this again this year but if what she's saying is true all early positions will be gone before we even hear from them never mind have interviews done, that is if lucky enough to get an interview!!

How will they be gone, sure there'll be no-one to take them if the test results aren't known ???

• Registered Users Posts: 18 chatterbox93

Be interesting to see what they say if you got through to different person. It does seem very long, I say we'll get word end of this week or start of next. My exams are in May so I hope to go they don't bring call me for interview when one of them is on. Somebody said if you try change day they just take you off list :-(
    Not true my brother had it changed a few years ago and he got offered a position. Also a person i worked with last year cancelled his interview because he wasn't in the country that day and yet he got a 13 week contract without and interview.

• Advertisement

Ah brill I only have 3 exams so not a lot of days I won't be available, was a bit worried that after all this, they'd call me on exam day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement